Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Here we go... Sarah Palin accuses Barack Obama of being friends w/a terrorist

Quote Originally Posted by cupcake View Post
    Kenya and tanzania as well is what i said..witchcraft practiced both places
    Did........you.......read, anything I posted?
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Quote Originally Posted by SSDiva View Post
    It's not wrong, to be a Christian means to try to be Christ like... Christ forgave and love people no matter what. Some so called Christians are nasty, snarky, judgmental hypocrites. They believe that if you're not like me, do as I do, live as I live, then your aren't good enough.

I am not poking fun at you because of your beliefs. I am just telling you what I KNOW. Do you know anything about all religions from around the world, and if you heard from alleged 'missionaries' about all of the witches..then have they told about this??
    Police: Kenya mob burns 11 'witches' - Africa - MSNBC.com

Those missionaries must be confused!
    I know being Christian is being Christlike and it is what all Christians should try to practice...Everyone falls short...I am VERY forgiving...You don't know my life...People would freak if they knew the amount of forgivenss I have practiced. Have I been snarky? If I have I apologize...I have never cursed anyone here or called anyone a nasty name...It is rampant here but that is not who I am. I am loving and humble and help others physically, emotionally or financially every single day of my life...So I do believe I am Christlike even though I have faults.
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

Then if he was so dispicable, he never should have sat in the same room with him a half dozen times, knowing who he was and what he did. It may not have been a relationship but it sure doe not show good judgement...But he seems to have a thing with sitting in places with dispicable people...and then making excuses about it...So if the shoe was on the other foot, libs would be having a field day...
    You mean the way President Bush allowed the members of the Bin Laden family to flee the U.S., without questioning them, right after 9/11 because he didn't want to piss off his friends the Saudis? Or McCain picking somebody that he met only ONCE to be vice-president. Now, weigh that with Obama associating with Ayers, years after the fact, and then talk about bad judgement.

And Ayers teaches at a college in Chicago, so there were a lot of people who PAID to be in the same room with Ayers. They were called students.

Quote Originally Posted by Belindagogo View Post
    Ayers is a professor at the University of Illinois at Chicago. He and Obama live in Chicago's Hyde Park neighborhood and served together on the board of the Woods Fund, a Chicago-based charity that develops community groups to help the poor.
    Then if he was so dispicable, he never should have sat in the same room with him a half dozen times, knowing who he was and what he did.
    If this man (Ayers) is so despicable NOW, 30-40 years after what Weather Underground did, then why is he allowed to be a professor at a state college?? Or serve on a CHARITY board that works with THE POOR??

If you think Obama was wrong for associating with him, then you should at least be consistent and hold your scorn against the University of Illinois at Chicago and the Woods Fund.

i'm in yer manifesto, correcting your spelling mistakes

See, it's the hypocrisy of religions that gets me. Here is the worst scenario: Obama sits in the same room as a person who committed crimes 40 years ago. Obama knows that this person committed said crimes 40 years ago. Obama is now a bad man and not fit to be president.

Scenario 2: Cupcake sits in a room with sinners. She knows she is amongst sinners, because everyone sins. She doesn't lie about the fact that she sits in a room with sinners, because she is a caring and giving Christlike person. Cupcake is a good woman, nothing like Obama.

My head really spins from the idiocy of faulty logic.
    "Hope everyone' shavin a good one!" - Karistiona

Because Obama served on the same board as Avery that makes them pals? The fact that Obama was serving on a CHARITY board is forgotten by her. It's like saying that someone served on a school board with another member they are pals? Guilty by assiociation? Because someone speaks to someone they are like them and agree with them? And this woman could possibly lead our country. I need a zanax.

Ms Palin's cheese has permanently slid off her cracker.

Article I read yesterday on CNN said that, according to a Republican "insider", the McCain campaign now has to attack Obama's character and associations, since they're sliding quickly into the abyss and nothing else so far has been effective. Here's a quote:
    "We're going to get a little tougher," a senior Republican operative said, requesting anonymity because he wasn't authorized to discuss strategy. "We've got to question this guy's associations. Very soon. There's no question that we have to change the subject here."
    The charges against Ayers were also dropped in 1974.

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    The charges against Ayers were also dropped in 1974.
    that's kind of an important detail, no? but of course they had to overlook that.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

This is hilarious coming from a woman whose own husband was a former member of the Alaska Independence Party - an anti-American secessionists party.

She's so stupid she doesn't even realize the hypocrite she is.

The McCain campaign has already spent more than ten million dollars on ads tying Obama to Ayers, and so far, Americans don't seem to care. Since you can't talk about things American actually do care about, you're going to lose on November 4th.

Q: "What qualities does John McCain have that earned your vote?"

A: "OBAMA IS A TERRORIST!!!!!!!!!!"

Was that the Pastor from Kenya? I do not know the whole story about that but wasn't he praying a blessing over her? Nothing wrong with that imo. When someone is praying over you, you don't know what is going to come out of their mouth. Witchcraft is commn in Kenya, so to pray for protection from that seems acceptable to me...No different than praying for prosperity or health.
    Well thank goodness Cupcake's clear-headed logic is available, because now we can dispense with the Rev. Wright nonsense. Well done Cupcake, well done.

Oh no. It gets worse. I have absolutely ZERO respect for John McCain anymore. And I used to. He's pathetic.

The Associated Press released this earlier today.

The McCain camp is rehashing this ancient, debunked Ayers accusation because it is a targeted method of associating Obama as a terrorist/MUSLIM "lover."

McCain is pandering to the ignorant and the racists. And trying to create more ignorance. What a pathetic, disgusting fool.

The Associated Press: Analysis: Palin's words may backfire on McCain
    Analysis: Palin's words may backfire on McCain

By DOUGLASS K. DANIEL – 18 minutes ago
    WASHINGTON (AP) — By claiming that Democrat Barack Obama is "palling around with terrorists" and doesn't see the U.S. like other Americans, vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin targeted key goals for a faltering campaign.

And though she may have scored a political hit each time, her attack was unsubstantiated and carried a racially tinged subtext that John McCain himself may come to regret.

First, Palin's attack shows that her energetic debate with rival Joe Biden may be just the beginning, not the end, of a sharpened role in the battle to win the presidency.

"Our opponent ... is someone who sees America, it seems, as being so imperfect, imperfect enough, that he's palling around with terrorists who would target their own country," Palin told a group of donors in Englewood, Colo. A deliberate attempt to smear Obama, McCain's ticket-mate echoed the line at three separate events Saturday.

"This is not a man who sees America like you and I see America," she said. "We see America as a force of good in this world. We see an America of exceptionalism."

Obama isn't above attacking McCain's character with loaded words, releasing an ad on Sunday that calls the Arizona Republican "erratic" — a hard-to miss suggestion that McCain's age, 71, might be an issue.
    "Our financial system in turmoil," an announcer says in Obama's new ad. "And John McCain? Erratic in a crisis. Out of touch on the economy."

A harsh and plainly partisan judgment, certainly, but not on the level of suggesting that a fellow senator is un-American and even a friend of terrorists.

In her character attack, Palin questions Obama's association with William Ayers, a member of the Vietnam-era Weather Underground. Her reference was exaggerated at best if not outright false. No evidence shows they were "pals" or even close when they worked on community boards years ago and Ayers hosted a political event for Obama early in his career.

Obama, who was a child when the Weathermen were planting bombs, has denounced Ayers' radical views and actions.

With her criticism, Palin is taking on the running mate's traditional role of attacker, said Rich Galen, a Republican strategist.

"There appears to be a newfound sense of confidence in Sarah Palin as a candidate, given her performance the other night," Galen said. "I think that they are comfortable enough with her now that she's got the standing with the electorate to take off after Obama."

Second, Palin's incendiary charge draws media and voter attention away from the worsening economy. It also comes after McCain supported a pork-laden Wall Street bailout plan in spite of conservative anger and his own misgivings.

"It's a giant changing of the subject," said Jenny Backus, a Democratic strategist. "The problem is the messenger. If you want to start throwing fire bombs, you don't send out the fluffy bunny to do it. I think people don't take Sarah Palin seriously."

The larger purpose behind Palin's broadside is to reintroduce the question of Obama's associations. Millions of voters, many of them open to being swayed to one side or the other, are starting to pay attention to an election a month away.

For the McCain campaign, that makes Obama's ties to Ayers as well as convicted felon Antoin "Tony" Rezko and the controversial minister Jeremiah Wright ripe for renewed criticism. And Palin brings a fresh voice to the argument.

Effective character attacks have come earlier in campaigns. In June 1988, Republican George H.W. Bush criticized Democrat Michael Dukakis over the furlough granted to Willie Horton, a convicted murderer who then raped a woman and stabbed her companion. Related TV ads followed in September and October.

The Vietnam-era Swift Boat veterans who attacked Democrat John Kerry's war record started in the spring of 2004 and gained traction in late summer.

"The four weeks that are left are an eternity. There's plenty of time in the campaign," said Republican strategist Joe Gaylord. "I think it is a legitimate strategy to talk about Obama and to talk about his background and who he pals around with."

Palin's words avoid repulsing voters with overt racism. But is there another subtext for creating the false image of a black presidential nominee "palling around" with terrorists while assuring a predominantly white audience that he doesn't see their America?

In a post-Sept. 11 America, terrorists are envisioned as dark-skinned radical Muslims, not the homegrown anarchists of Ayers' day 40 years ago. With Obama a relative unknown when he began his campaign, the Internet hummed with false e-mails about ties to radical Islam of a foreign-born candidate.

Whether intended or not by the McCain campaign, portraying Obama as "not like us" is another potential appeal to racism. It suggests that the Hawaiian-born Christian is, at heart, un-American.

The fact is that when racism creeps into the discussion, it serves a purpose for McCain. As the fallout from Wright's sermons showed earlier this year, forcing Obama to abandon issues to talk about race leads to unresolved arguments about America's promise to treat all people equally.

John McCain occasionally says he looks back on decisions with regret. He has apologized for opposing a holiday to honor Martin Luther King Jr. He has apologized for refusing to call for the removal of a Confederate flag from South Carolina's Capitol.

When the 2008 campaign is over will McCain say he regrets appeals such as Palin's?
    ___
    EDITOR'S NOTE — Douglass K. Daniel is a writer and editor with the Washington bureau of The Associated Press.

Quote Originally Posted by t13nif View Post
    See, it's the hypocrisy of religions that gets me. Here is the worst scenario: Obama sits in the same room as a person who committed crimes 40 years ago. Obama knows that this person committed said crimes 40 years ago. Obama is now a bad man and not fit to be president.

Scenario 2: Cupcake sits in a room with sinners. She knows she is amongst sinners, because everyone sins. She doesn't lie about the fact that she sits in a room with sinners, because she is a caring and giving Christlike person. Cupcake is a good woman, nothing like Obama.

My head really spins from the idiocy of faulty logic.
    But it's different...whaaaa whaaaa whaaaaa. It's so very different. Blah blah blah.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

I think if McCain carries on using this tactic- then I hope the surrogate groups hit back using Palin's Witchdoctor, Church, Troopergate - the report comes out this week, AIP affiliation and thats not counting McCain's own dodgy past since he was affliated with the Keating 5. But I dont think Obama should stoop low to counter these arguments because that is what the McCain camp need to help deflect the issues. But it does show how desperate they are- so much for a clean campaign that McCain promised- Obama should point that out.

Another thing dirty attacks wont help attract the voters that are independant or undecided- it will just put them off.

i'm in yer manifesto, correcting your spelling mistakes

Quote Originally Posted by nwgirl View Post
    But it's different...whaaaa whaaaa whaaaaa. It's so very different. Blah blah blah.
    And that's the biggest reason organized religions are hypocritical. One set of rules for the religion members and another set of damning rules for everyone else. And they can't even see it. Such bullshit.
    "Hope everyone' shavin a good one!" - Karistiona

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information