Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A heartfelt apology to the USA from Canada

Default Re: A heartfelt apology to the USA from Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok
    Upper and lower canada existed at that time, and I believe it was upper canada that got annoyed when your gadfly assembly of ships had the temerity to lob a few shells onto York (which is why the capital was moved downriver to Kingston, ON., where you proceeded to do the same thing, so it was finally moved AGAIN to Ottawa where your fatass ships couldnt navigate to without getting sunk ) so we gathered up the army, marched down to DC (trashing everything as we went) and burnt your bitch-ass little house down along with most of DC and I believe a couple surrounding states.

As far as I know, we were supposed to continue to rampage but ran out of tea or something, and marched back.
    I have read that the worst damage done in Washington was actually done by the citizens themselves who went on a rampage of pillaging and looting as soon as legal authority and control dissipated when the government left and the British were just coming in. Americans and American cities..some things never change!

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyPool
    ^you HAVE to know the sentiment is the same down here about our feelings towards canadians- at least from the conservatives. like i said- all talk- stick with hockey.

maybe you can write a thesis on the sociological effects hockey would have on the war. maybe you can even publish it in the NY Times so that the insurgents would have direct access to your instructions on the game.
    Oh come on. You know it is true as a nation we are incredibly ingnorant about the rest of the world, particularly when it comes to geography. I bet I know more about Canada than most Americans do about their own country! Brit-twit's knowledge of Canada(overseas!) just about sums it up for at least half the nation. I bet at least(at least!) one third of adult Americans could not even find Canada on a map(probably more like half).

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita
    I have read that the worst damage done in Washington was actually done by the citizens themselves who went on a rampage of pillaging and looting as soon as legal authority and control dissipated when the government left and the British were just coming in. Americans and American cities..some things never change!
    And that never changes, just let them run short of crack vials or have Marion "Bitch Set Me Up" Barry get busted and the town erupts in violence.

Oh come on. You know it is true as a nation we are incredibly ingnorant about the rest of the world, particularly when it comes to geography. I bet I know more about Canada than most Americans do about their own country! Brit-twit's knowledge of Canada(overseas!) just about sums it up for at least half the nation. I bet at least(at least!) one third of adult Americans could not even find Canada on a map(probably more like half).
    The funny/ironic/sick thing about the "Ugly American" syndrome is that the most offensive practioners of it I personally witnessed overseas were the lower enlisted soldiers and their wives. They didn't have a clue about the culture, acceptable standards of behavior and customs and didn't care to know, insisting on treating every place like an extention of American soil. Such breathtakingly astounding ignorance and unacceptable behavior in public, they made Britney and Kevin seem polite and sophisistimicated like y'all and klassy. Only once have I been treated to Canadian Ugly Assclown Syndrome, when the Canadian lower enlisted invaded the PX and proceeded to act much like their American counterparts.

^precisely the reason why enlisted people -all the way up the ranks from e1-e9- can't stand WIVES who wear their husband's rank on their shoulder when they have NO idea what they're talking about. So ignorant and I don't want to hear one crap word about how you were married so it makes you the same as him- such crap-.

I'll take patriotism over the ugly-nasty-ignorant-officer's military-wife syndrome.

*puking in disgust at your post gator*
    Last edited by DirtyPool; July 8th, 2006 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyPool
    ^precisely the reason why enlisted people -all the way up the ranks from e1-e9- can't stand WIVES who wear their husband's rank on their shoulder when they have NO idea what they're talking about. So ignorant and I don't one to hear one crap word about how you were married so it makes you the same as him- such crap-.

I'll take patriotism over the ugly-nasty-ignorant-officer's military-wife syndrome.

*puking in disgust at your post gator*
    ROFLMAO! I managed to have exactly the right effect on two ignoramuses this week. Score!

Seriously, have you ever even made any effort to learn the language of whatever foreign land your sig o is stationed in? I doubt it.

Have you ever tried to fit into the local culture not run rampant over their customs while whining that there's no Wal Mart in that foreign land? I doubt it.

Have you ever gotten angry glares when out in public in your host nation because you're drunk, loud or just generally behaving like an assclown? Not even going to speculate on that one..

Everything you've posted here indicates you might suffer from "Ugly American" syndrome too...

^don't assume you know jack diddly shit about me lady. put me on ignore if i get to you so much.

*grins*

*rolls eyes*

Explain one thing to me. How on earth am i "wearing my husband's rank" when I'm making observations on what I saw in Germany as a working civilian employed by the DOD?

Sounds to me like you are the one making assumptions.

Did I even say "like Dirty Pool" when I was talking about the whole issue of Ugly Americanism. Don't get me started on Euro-Trash either!

^i don't expect you to know what an enlisted person feels like when some smarmy officer's wife (i emphasize wife) is running her trap making blanket statements about "lower enlisted soldiers and their wives". You really have a distinct talent for talking down to people. Believe me, and I speak from experience, no one runs in the other direction faster when an enlisted person hears the hooves of an officer's wife coming down the passage-way. and its not meant to be a compliment. No one on the outside world is going to understand what you and I are talking about so you do know you're just trying to appear like you actually know the mind of a sailor/soldier/marine when you have no clue other than what your husband says.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy
    When my mom, a native of Chicago, first came to Canada, she was shocked to see that there were cities, highways, electricity etc. She said she always just thought of Canada as that big pink thing on the map and figured it only had trappers, hunters and mounties. She was a teacher, too. It just wasn't important to consider anything in the rest of the world.
    My hubby's cousins from LA thought that all Canadians lived in thick green forest, surprised to see Vancouver was actually an urban city.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Quote Originally Posted by moomies
    My hubby's cousins from LA thought that all Canadians lived in thick green forest, surprised to see Vancouver was actually an urban city.
    Toronto is one of my favorite cities in the world. Canada has so much to see and do! We go to Toronto, Abbottsville BC and up to Tatapeekacheeka at least once a year.

Quote Originally Posted by moomies
    Girl, I DO know what you mean. I have cousins from LA, too, and they were amazed that there were no igloos, and no polar bears in sight. And that they brought winter clothing thinking it would be winter. My gosh! It was the middle of July with a temperature of +30.
    Rock the fuck on!

Quote Originally Posted by heart_leigh
    Girl, I DO know what you mean. I have cousins from LA, too, and they were amazed that there were no igloos, and no polar bears in sight. And that they brought winter clothing thinking it would be winter. My gosh! It was the middle of July with a temperature of +30.
    They probably thought 30c meant 30F. I mean I'm not an expert on the metric system myself, but at least I have a common grasp on the diffrent temperate readings Canada (and the rest of the world for that matter) has.

Anyway I'm smart enough to know that Canada itself has it's now urban culture. I've been to Toronto and Montreal enought times to figure that out. Also, I've seen people be more friednly in those cities than say New York. Not that I'm saying cities in the US are'nt friendly, but that Canadians show it more.heh

Well we run less risk of being chopped up in a subway than people in new york.. yikes
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

See, fuckin Canucks making generalizations about the US. People don't get chopped up, they get stabbed. Shows how much you know

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information