Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Hes labeled a sex offender for sleeping with his own wife

That headline is misleading- they were not husband and wife at the time they had sex.
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

^^
    i don't think anyone thinks they were.
    if she'd been a year older, she could have married a 51 year-old with her parents permission.
    but a 15 year-old had sex with a 19 year-old and he's now on a sex offender registry along with the real rapists and kiddie molesters and i'm supposed to think that makes sense?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I saw them on Dateline or 20/20 or some show years ago. Didn't make sense then, doesn't make sense now, but there's a reason why statutory rape laws are in place— even if these two seem to be exempt. One of my friends was date raped by a 20 year old douchebag when she was 14 because she had no idea what she was getting into when he said 'he had needs'. She's still fucked up to this day.

Was that guy a pedo and a child molester? Not in the traditional sense, but he was a 20 year old man who had sex with a minor who was not in full control of her facilities. That's rape, even if she 'consented'. (she had no idea what she was truly consenting to, it happened very quickly in a car in the woods where she was essentially trapped.) That asshole should've gotten the book thrown at him but since she never said anything for years (too ashamed) he got away with it.

For my friend, this law applied in full to her, for this couple it doesn't. For personal reasons, I think the law should exist. Whether or not it should be tempered to reflect personal circumstances is up to the courts.
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

^^Exactly Deej, there are just too many grey areas. That's why some states (should be all IMO) have a seperate panel of magistrates that can be appealed to if someone should be removed from the list. Like I said before, there is, or should be, an appropriate venue for that for those who need it and/or deserve it.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

While he shouldn't be on the registry. A 19 year old banging a 15 to is pervy.
    "Cake is the language of love" - Dylan Moran

It doesn't say, but she might have been almost 16 or he might have just turned 19 or both.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

According to the article in Marie Claire, he had just graduated and turned 19 and she was "just shy" of 16. They had been dating for a year prior, and her mom called the cops at that time because she thought they were getting "too serious" and thought the cops would give them a warning.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

Gold Member

Lumping a 19- year old who is having consensual sex with a 15-year old with adults who sexually abuse, rape, and assault young children is messed up.

Sex offender registries are horseshit. Once you pay your penalty that you've been sentenced to by the state, it should be a done deal. That goes for pedos too - if they are dangerous enough that the neighbors have to be notified, then the penalties should be stronger and they should still be behind bars.

These lists are just a way for law enforcement to claim they are "doing something" when the courts don't have the balls to keep dangerous people in jail, and unfortunately, many minor offenders (and yes, at the time this guy was an offender) have to wear a badge of shame forever.

Elite Member

My teenage daughter has an app on her Iphone that shows sex offenders in the vicinity. Of course we have discussed that they are not all violent criminals. I just thought it's funny that there's an app for that.

Calling the cops on the 19 y/o who's consensually banging your 15/16 y/o is, as the original article stated, making the police do your parenting.

Oh bullshit, its calling the police to enforce the law.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

If your kid steals a few bucks from your purse it's technically against the law as well. Still I'd expect parents to deal with these things at home. If your 15/16 y/o wants to bang a 19 y/o, it should be addressed at home too.
    Otherwise the kiddo will probably only get sneakier with the next love interest.

Uh huh. Whatever. Apples and oranges. A 15yo fucking a 19yo is not a crime. A 19yo fucking a minor is a crime.

But a 51 year old and a 16 year old got married and that is ok??

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information