Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gov Schwarzenegger Signs "Chelsea's Law" (Life Sentence For Violent Sex Offenders)

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

^ I have too, thats why I have this passion about it and same with my views and opinions in the Mad Men thread about Sally Draper, thats where I'm coming from Sput, I will finally say out loud.

its different when you're speaking from experience and not just some google cache or black and white train of thought. but then again i just figured maybe you have experience w/ not being fairly treated in a trial yourself Sput (or something similar) and thats why I didn't jump down your throat about it - and never do.

and its also very true that a lot of times the accused is unfairly put away and really not guilty, with the help of DNA testing we've seen that a lot in recent years, and then again a lot of these fuckers are never even caught or there's not enough evidence to arrest, prosecute, etc.

the only thing that worries me about this law, is that a child molester who is likely to kill, will have even more reason to do so because he figures that will be a way to not get caught.

this is the creep that murdered Chelsea and Amber.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    ^ I have too, thats why I have this passion about it and same with my views and opinions in the Mad Men thread about Sally Draper, thats where I'm coming from Sput, I will finally say out loud.

its different when you're speaking from experience and not just some google cache or black and white train of thought. but then again i just figured maybe you have experience w/ not being fairly treated in a trial yourself Sput (or something similar) and thats why I didn't jump down your throat about it - and never do.

and its also very true that a lot of times the accused is unfairly put away and really not guilty, with the help of DNA testing we've seen that a lot in recent years, and then again a lot of these fuckers are never even caught or there's not enough evidence to arrest, prosecute, etc.
    Yes, same here. And it IS different when you have lived it, or watched someone you love live it. It just is. I'm not saying that makes anyone more right or more wrong in their feelings, opinions and positions here, nor am I saying that ANYBODY should ever not get a fair trial! But yeah. The experience changes you. I could almost say you enter a different, harsher reality where the ideals you could hold when you didn't know how bad life can really be, just do not seem workable anymore. And there is no going back.

I love this law and I hope it stands. Life in prison is good enough, as long as they do not f'in get out!!! It's time we as a society realized that these particular criminals are fundamentally not fixable.

Alice and Jadestar,
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

There is not anything wrong with feeling that why and I can understand why you do. It probably will get overturned that's the sad thing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information