Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GOP supporters now screaming for terrorist attack against Barack Obama

When I was watching AC 360 last night on CNN, it was interesting hearing GOP analyst Ed Rollins and David Gergen comment on this. Rollins specifically stated that it's over for McCain and that McCain needs to reevaluate where his campaign is headed given that it's going to be his swan song as a politician. Rollins also said that they need to start calming the GOP base at these rallies instead of stirring them up. It's making it harder for other Republicans down ticket in many states. Republicans are looking at possibly losing as many as 10 Senate seats including their Republican leader and Elizabeth Dole. If they don't get McCain's campaign and these rallies under control, then it's going to contribute to major losses on Election Day with Democrats possibly picking up 25 House seats. The effects of these actions at McCain rallies are going to be felt far and wide if they don't shape up.

ETA: Found video of the segment: [YOUTUBE]YFDyalnTJbs[/YOUTUBE]
    Last edited by Fluffy; October 10th, 2008 at 01:36 PM. Reason: added video clip

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    When I was watching AC 360 last night on CNN, it was interesting hearing GOP analyst Ed Rollins and David Gergen comment on this. Rollins specifically stated that it's over for McCain and that McCain needs to reevaluate where his campaign is headed given that it's going to be his swan song as a politician. Rollins also said that they need to start calming the GOP base at these rallies instead of stirring them up. It's making it harder for other Republicans down ticket in many states. Republicans are looking at possibly losing as many as 10 Senate seats including their Republican leader and Elizabeth Dole. If they don't get McCain's campaign and these rallies under control, then it's going to contribute to major losses on Election Day with Democrats possibly picking up 25 House seats. The effects of these actions at McCain rallies are going to be felt far and wide if they don't shape up.

I know- and its the last thing he needs!
    He needs to appeal to the independent and moderate voters- hes just appealing to the fucking nutters. And it wont help him court ethnic minorities- he really has burned his bridges in that respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    You know, I didn't think so, and was trying to think people were past the race issues, but it's starting to look very 1950's again. I had a friend that kept saying, in the beginning, that he thought it would come to this if he got elected. I kept saying I just didn't think so. I was wrong.
    As a colored person I speak from experience when I say racism never died in the US and rears its head in the most unexpected places. Most, especially white, people are in denial about it, though.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

These people have been around forever. These actions are indicative of what has gone on, without media coverage. Yes, the ignorance seen from these GOP supporters is still alive and well.

Hate has never left America. Obama must know his, and his family's, safety is in jeopardy, even now. Why? Simply because he is a minority who is proving he is more qualified and intelligent than his white opponent.

The GOP should blame themselves. They nominated a feeble old fool, who chose a trashy idiot to run with him.

This country is making itself look completely ridiculous. What an embarrassment.

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    As a colored person I speak from experience when I say racism never died in the US and rears its head in the most unexpected places. Most, especially white, people are in denial about it, though.

Whites either choose to ignore it or are too blind to see it. It never went anywhere. Now, no one can ignore it. I am actually happy the rest of the world will get to see what type of ignorance goes on within the borders.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    You know, I didn't think so, and was trying to think people were past the race issues, but it's starting to look very 1950's again.
    I had a friend that kept saying, in the beginning, that he thought it would come to this if he got elected. I kept saying I just didn't think so. I was wrong.

Exactly. I know all this talk of race and whatnot may seem irrelevant at times, but trust me things can get worse. Even though the election is only a month away, I seriously think it has not sunk in for many that we are on the threshold of a monumental moment in American history, when we elected the first Black president of the United States. For many of these bigots and closet bigots they are finally getting aware of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    I really have to ask, are this many people down there really that buttfuck stupid?
    Most of them are closeted bigots/racists but Mccain is bringing out their true colors.

It's sick/sad.

I am truly afraid for Barack with so many crazies running around. God, I hope nothing bad happens to him or his family.

^^This is time everyone should be wondering if the 0 curse is real. If it is, Obama is safe. Of course, 2000, ended in a 0, so...

^^ What's the 0 curse?

Quote Originally Posted by panda View Post
    I am truly afraid for Barack with so many crazies running around. God, I hope nothing bad happens to him or his family.
    Me too. There's too many effing crazies out there, two of them form the Repug ticket. 26 days is a very, VERY, long time to still have to go out there, campaigning. I sure will keep him in my prayers.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
    ^^ What's the 0 curse?
    it's a superstition about how if a president gets elected in a year that ends with zero he gets assasinated....bush blows the theory though....and Reagan didn't die
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

^^ Ooh thanks for the info.

You know, as morbid as it sounds, I'm truly amazed that nobody tried to take Dubya out.

Cmmdee,

Presidents who suffered assassination attempts while in office were all elected in years ending in 0. Of course, Bush is still in office, so until January 12th, some, who believe in the curse, will continue to believe until he is out.

Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
    ^^ Ooh thanks for the info.

You know, as morbid as it sounds, I'm truly amazed that nobody tried to take Dubya out.

My mother has been saying "where's a lone gunman when you need one" for the past 8 years
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information