Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GOP strategist: Racism would give John McCain 15% advantage over Barack Obama

^^Thank you. Not to mention, John F. Kennedy and Robert F. Kennedy had high amounts of black voter support, too.

But people like to forget that because it derails the whole 'black people are only voting for Obama because he's black' theory, forgetting also that Obama's half-white.

That and, most of us can't stand Al Sharpton

Hit By Ban Bus!

This is why I think this election is gonna be another razor thin one. I know too many white people who are closet racists ... they walk around acting one way - then when they get in a closed room of white people, their true color comes out.

Its gross, but real.

I couldn't care less either way, I say vote for whomever you feel you need too, but I wonder why our black voter turnout this year (in our county) was up by 78%?

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    I couldn't care less either way, I say vote for whomever you feel you need too, but I wonder why our black voter turnout this year (in our county) was up by 78%?
    Probably for the same reason that black voter turnout was up when Bill Clinton ran. But, then again, voter turnout has been up across the board, not just with black people.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Probably for the same reason that black voter turnout was up when Bill Clinton ran. But, then again, voter turnout has been up across the board, not just with black people.
    True. Latino vote is way up also. I think the whole reason for voting this time is the ECONOMY. Screw the rest-everyone feels threatened. The gas prices alone have gotten your attention and I don't care what color you are! People are going to vote for the one that they feel can save their ass. No one I know is going to vote for/against because of color. They have things to worry about much closer to home.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Glad that voter turn out is up...

Sad that all those people can't be bothered to vote on a regular basis....
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Well, I might could believe that if voter percentages had gone up during the Clinton race. This percentage is an overall for our county, period, through all races ever held.
    Which, I am not putting down, I am glad people are finally getting concerned, and are out there voting.

Well, I might could believe that if voter percentages had gone up during the Clinton race. This percentage is an overall for our county, period, through all races ever held.
    Which, I am not putting down, I am glad people are finally getting concerned, and are out there voting.
    Voter percentage DID go up during the Clinton race, especially among minorities and young people. But, you're right, the only thing that matters is that Americans are finally getting their heads out of their asses and taking the political process seriously again.

^ I am talking about MY county. In my county we have NEVER had as many blacks to vote and we did several months ago.
    But, like I said, at least something got them moving.

maybe affirmative action gave them the day off

</sarcasm>
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Obviously they'd like to see the first black president in office, in the same way many women wanted to see the first female president. Common sense would indicate that is part of what increased black voter turnout this year, but it doesn't mean it's a negative thing- if there was an Asian candidate I'm sure Asian voters would be more inclined to vote for him/her. It's natural to vote for who we identify with. That's not to say that Obama's race is the only reason they're voting for him at all, as black Americans usually vote democrat anyway, but it certainly doesn't hurt either. Ultimately I think Obama's race will hurt him more than help him, as racist (white) Americans far exceed blacks voting for him because of his race. But I still think he's going to win!

Quote Originally Posted by nycgirly101 View Post
    Obviously they'd like to see the first black president in office, in the same way many women wanted to see the first female president. Common sense would indicate that is part of what increased black voter turnout this year, but it doesn't mean it's a negative thing- if there was an Asian candidate I'm sure Asian voters would be more inclined to vote for him/her. It's natural to vote for who we identify with. That's not to say that Obama's race is the only reason they're voting for him at all, as black Americans usually vote democrat anyway, but it certainly doesn't hurt either. Ultimately I think Obama's race will hurt him more than help him, as racist (white) Americans far exceed blacks voting for him because of his race. But I still think he's going to win!
    You're right, Obama's race does play a part in the black turnout. Just like Hillary's gender played a role in the turnout among many females. I mean, in the beginning a lot of black people liked Obama but didn't think he had a chance in hell of getting the nomination. So, many black people just backed Hillary by default, because of Bill Clinton. But once Obama won Iowa that made a lot of people, not just black, sit up and take notice. But, regardless, I still think this will be a close election. And whether Obama wins or not, we're watching history unfold in front us.

^ I am talking about MY county. In my county we have NEVER had as many blacks to vote and we did several months ago.
    But, like I said, at least something got them moving.
    Your county is special.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information