Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: GOP strategist: Palin's clothing allowance fine; Obama flying to grandma 'outrageous'

ya'll are gonna be red faced if granny kicks it today while yer all squabbling over her body
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Palin's clothes could be written off as an actual campaign expense although $150,000 in clothing is pretty fucking absurd. Obama flying to see his grandmother deathly ill or not is most definitely a personal expense.

I don't like it when reason becomes clouded by love; it in turn does a disservice to the love object.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

In fairness, McCain may not be able to remember what was in the reform he helped draft.

Another senior moment may have occurred.

Any word on granny? Must not have been that serious, after all.

... dead yet?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

My great grandmother broke her hip in April of 89, she passed away May 27th of 89. Before she broke her hip, she was very active. Some elderly people who break their hips for some reason don't last long.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    Palin's clothes could be written off as an actual campaign expense although $150,000 in clothing is pretty fucking absurd. Obama flying to see his grandmother deathly ill or not is most definitely a personal expense.

I don't like it when reason becomes clouded by love; it in turn does a disservice to the love object.
    No the law is very clear that campaign funds cannot be spent on clothing. I'm pretty sure that includes buying lipstick for your pig too.

Quote Originally Posted by SSDiva View Post
    My great grandmother broke her hip in April of 89, she passed away May 27th of 89. Before she broke her hip, she was very active. Some elderly people who break their hips for some reason don't last long.
    I understand that, but they said she was "very seriously ill". Just trying to prove that campaign will fudge stuff, too.

Just to put my two cents in here....before my grandma finally passed on, I was called to her bedside close to ten different times, each time the hospice told me this was definitely the time when she was going to pass on. Each time it was life and death. Every time she rallied on, to the absolute shock of her family and hospice workers. It got to a point where I felt absolutely terrible because I couldn't take off work as much as I was (she was in a different state). I felt so callous when I had to question "are you sure? She's been this way several times before." Talk about feeling like the ultimate bitch, I'm sure this post will draw some venom. But seriously, try explaining to your employer that your grandma is dying for the 6th time! So just because she is still "alive and kicking" does NOT mean that the situation was not very serious at that time, and may still be. My grandma hung around for a long time with a very poor quality of life, god bless her.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Quote Originally Posted by january View Post
    Just to put my two cents in here....before my grandma finally passed on, I was called to her bedside close to ten different times, each time the hospice told me this was definitely the time when she was going to pass on. Each time it was life and death. Every time she rallied on, to the absolute shock of her family and hospice workers. It got to a point where I felt absolutely terrible because I couldn't take off work as much as I was (she was in a different state). I felt so callous when I had to question "are you sure? She's been this way several times before." Talk about feeling like the ultimate bitch, I'm sure this post will draw some venom. But seriously, try explaining to your employer that your grandma is dying for the 6th time! So just because she is still "alive and kicking" does NOT mean that the situation was not very serious at that time, and may still be. My grandma hung around for a long time with a very poor quality of life, god bless her.
    I was in a similar situation with my grandfather. He was seriously ill for about a year before he died. At times during that year, he would sometimes get a little better, but then he'd get worse again. I was lucky because I didn't live too far away, so I saw him as much as I could because I never knew when the end would arrive.
    Dear Buddha, please bring me a pony and a plastic rocket...

Oh, I am sure it can happen. Death isn't really something you can pinpoint.

I do have to wonder what kinda hat he wore to the birthday party, though?

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    I understand that, but they said she was "very seriously ill". Just trying to prove that campaign will fudge stuff, too.

Not sure where you're going here with the not seriously ill stuff, but my mom is in hospice care at the moment with nurses coming to the house each day and us alternating nights with her for a very weak heart that's leaking badly, severe rheumatoid arthritis, and congestive heart failure. She has good days and bad days, going in and out of the hospital - but I make it a point to be sure I get my ass over there every day - bad or good because I was told by the doctors that there aren't many tomorrow's left and each day she gets worse. She's still hell on wheels but I've seen a major change over the last month and she claims she won't see Christmas. Maybe I'm just prejudiced, but I understand him wanting to see her at this time, especially in lieu of how busy his life is right now and maybe not getting to before she passes without spending some time with her. I'd rather have a day of people bitching and whining about whether or not I paid for the trip. Who knows maybe it was donated anonymously (bet you never thought of that one) by one of his wealthy supporters like Warren Buffet. I saw the pictures of him when he went out for a walk in Hawaii while visiting her and he was visibly upset IMO because it is hard to see someone who was very vibrant and strong that you love deeply, completely fade away before your eyes. My mom some days is feisty as a sailor on leave but still can't get out of her chair without assistance but will carry on with her friends like there is no tomorrow. She decided as she got worse that she wanted to die at home without any intervention like CPR or resuscitation of any sort. Maybe his grandma is made of the same stock and if that's the case, I get his reason. Wouldn't it be better to ask his campaign who paid for the trip before making McLame suggestions and speculating the answers before you know? Besides please let me in on the deviant reason he would fly the entire way to Hawaii for 2 lousy days during one of the most important times in his life. Maybe you're just goofing around but sorry it struck a nerve with me.
    as privileged as a whore...victims in demand for public show, swept out through the cracks beneath the door, holier than thou, how?

^ IT'S A JOKE.

I am just trying to prove that when this thread was created everyone was defending him because granny had one foot in the grave. Now, a week later, you haven't heard one mention, or one update on the lady.

I am sorry to hear about your mother!!!!

Thanks Sweetie. I just figured she was in a similar situation like my mom and when people ask I just say some days good some bad. Didn't mean to sound bitchie if that's how it came off.
    as privileged as a whore...victims in demand for public show, swept out through the cracks beneath the door, holier than thou, how?

^ It's all good, babe. I can understand, since you are in the situation you're in.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread Information