Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: GOP strategist: Palin's clothing allowance fine; Obama flying to grandma 'outrageous'

Quote Originally Posted by nana55 View Post
    As a small campaign donor, this does not bother me at all. He needs to see his grandmother, period. This makes so much more sense then getting a private plane and having the CIA check everything out, having room for his secret service detail, and then the time constraints required to get everything ready to go. Makes no sense. I also don't care about how much money they spent on Palin. They needed her to be campaign ready very quickly. She is not representing Walmart she is representing her party. I expect her to be well dressed. I didn't spend any money on her so I don't care. I don't hear complaints from McCain donors, so what's the bitch? I know, I know, it is tacky to have the "hockey mom" in designer clothes, but be sensible.
    Actually there have been complaints from some Republicans about the money they spent on Palin's clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by nana55 View Post
    As a small campaign donor, this does not bother me at all. He needs to see his grandmother, period. This makes so much more sense then getting a private plane and having the CIA check everything out, having room for his secret service detail, and then the time constraints required to get everything ready to go. Makes no sense. I also don't care about how much money they spent on Palin. They needed her to be campaign ready very quickly. She is not representing Walmart she is representing her party. I expect her to be well dressed. I didn't spend any money on her so I don't care. I don't hear complaints from McCain donors, so what's the bitch? I know, I know, it is tacky to have the "hockey mom" in designer clothes, but be sensible.
    Hey now Nana, we can't have that common sense crap in here, no way, no how. There is no room for level headed thought.

Designer duds for her, AND HER FAMILY WHO ARENT RUNNING aren't an emergency
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    Hey now Nana, we can't have that common sense crap in here, no way, no how. There is no room for level headed thought.

I second that. Great post nana!

Quote Originally Posted by Little Wombat View Post
    I admit that I don't know much about federal campaign finance laws, but Obama is campaigning both before and after visiting his grandmother. I'm not sure that he is breaking any law, ethical or otherwise.

I haven't heard any news source raising questions about Obama violating campaign finance laws by visiting his grandmother. I have only heard it mentioned from the Republicans as a response to Palin's clothes: "But Barack's flying to Hawaii!"
    Exactly. There's a non-partisan group who filed a complaint about campaign money for Palin's clothes. When another non-partisan group complains about Obama going to Hawaii inbetween campaign stops, then I'll give it another thought.

So, is granny dead yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    So, is granny dead yet?
    WTF? That's so crass and disrespectful!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

As if I care.
    Funny, you've never said that about any of the other "dead yet" comments.

Guess she isn't, so it doesn't sound like it was that big an emergency after all.

Considering we don't know the details, i's hard to say.

Still more of an emergency than clothes.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

As if I care.
    Funny, you've never said that about any of the other "dead yet" comments.

Guess she isn't, so it doesn't sound like it was that big an emergency after all.
    You know what, you don't have to care, it would be nice if you were respectful of the situation, but since you don't believe the trip was necessary...I guess that'd be a stretch. Anyone who ever had a loved one to die, and you missed the chance to say goodbye, you wouldn't miss being there for another loved one when their time is limited.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

I never said the trip wasn't necessary. I said spending donations to go see her wasn't necessary, but since you are such a hardcore Obama supporter, I don't expect anything but reading between the lines from you anyway. It's really is a perfect example of the man can do no wrong. Situations like that make me sad to be an Obama supporter.

And I will respect this situation, just as much as I respect every other celebs. and politician's situation....none, because that's what we do on this site.

You know, if is funny how he just so showed up on her 86th birthday too.

I never said the trip wasn't necessary. I said spending donations to go see her wasn't necessary, but since you are such a hardcore Obama supporter, I don't expect anything but reading between the lines from you anyway.

And I will respect this situation, just as much as I respect every other celebs. and politician's situation....none, because that's what we do on this site.

How else was Obama going to get to Hawaii to see his grandmother without using his plane? He couldn't take a commerical flight, because the Secret Service would've bumped everybody off. And I find it interesting that nobody seemed to care about the campaign planes when McCain used his to fly back to Washington after he fake-suspended his campaign.

As for using donations, the fact that he took his campaign plane to go see his dying grandmother is nowhere near as bad as McCain using donations to buy Palin a $150,000 worth of clothes. And considering that McCain was the one who fought for campaign finance reform, which included not using donations for clothes, that smacks of hypocrisy on his part.

I never said the trip wasn't necessary. I said spending donations to go see her wasn't necessary, but since you are such a hardcore Obama supporter, I don't expect anything but reading between the lines from you anyway. It's really is a perfect example of the man can do no wrong. Situations like that make me sad to be an Obama supporter.

If I felt the situation was wrong, I would have said so. Also, if they'd on spent less than $20,000 on Palin's clothes, it would have been a none issue with me. Expensive clothes vs. taking a plane to go see a sick relative..nope the two don't even compare. BTW, her birthday was Sunday, when he was back on the campaign trail!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I never said McCain was right in buying her clothes, I think that is wrong too.
    Again, everytime someone says something bad about Obama, you all don't have to come back with "but McCain did this". That doesn't make it any better. It just proves they are both spending money on items that people didn't give them the money to spend it on.

And I understand why he rushed to her side, and I don't blame him, I would want to do the same thing. I just don't understand why it was called an emergency when she is still kicking several days later. That makes me think it wasn't "life or death" and therefore he could have made his own personal arrangements.

Yeah, I know Diva, it was Sunday, but I am sure they gathered for the party while he was there over the weekend.

I never said McCain was right in buying her clothes, I think that is wrong too.
    Again, everytime someone says something bad about Obama, you all don't have to come back with "but McCain did this". That doesn't make it any better. It just proves they are both spending money on items that people didn't give them the money to spend it on.

And I understand why he rushed to her side, and I don't blame him, I would want to do the same thing. I just don't understand why it was called an emergency when she is still kicking several days later. That makes me think it wasn't "life or death" and therefore he could have made his own personal arrangements.

Yeah, I know Diva, it was Sunday, but I am sure they gathered for the party while he was there over the weekend.
    The only reason why anybody's coming back with 'the McCain did this' is because it's the McCain camp that made an issue of Obama's trip to deflect from the money they spent on Palin. So, it goes both ways.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread Information