Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: GOP strategist: Palin's clothing allowance fine; Obama flying to grandma 'outrageous'

Thanks Kingcap.

Remote geography my aching ass. While the Beech King air is a pretty good aircraft for unprepared runways, conditions, etc. There are many smaller aircraft that are incredibly capable of withstanding the geography of Alaska, and I have a feeling these aircraft are in no short supply. I'm thinking along the lines of DHC-2 Beavers, DHC-3 Otters, etc. These aircraft are cheaper to run and more suitable for the terrain.

There is something else that pisses me off. For example, if the Alaskan SAR got tasked and were a few aircraft short (because of someone like Palin), they'd more than likely ask for assistance. The closest SAR would be 442 Squadron in Comox, with their DHC-5 Buffalos. And it would piss me off to no end if 442 had to send out one of the Buffs because someone like her is using a SAR aircraft inappropriately.

^^No problem, L1049.

And if Palin wanted to fly around so much she should've just kept the jet she had. She makes Dubya look like Einstein.

One thing I find kind of funny in a sad way is that the McCain/Palin campaign jet is an Embraer 190. Embraer is a Brazilian company and their aircraft are manufactured in Brazil.
    Palin gets shiny new jet for campaign | delawareonline | The News Journal

It's funny because they're lauding Obama and his followers as 'anti-American' while Obama is using a US made Boeing and they're using a Brazilian made Embraer.

^^The hypocrisy of the McCain/Palin ticket is already off the charts.

Visiting ailing grandma is now a bad thing?

The GOP is a fucking joke.

Some of you are just too funny. If you see one attack against Obama is just can' be true.

The ironic thing is, it's okay for him to use campaign funds to fly to Hawaii, all that gas..gone. Whereas, Palin's clothes can be used for years.
    Seems a little ass-backwards if you ask me.

And I don't think the GOP is saying that him going to see his dying grandmother is bad. They are saying he can fly coach on a major airline to get there.

Let it have been McCain in this position. There would be a 50 page thread of full on bitching.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    Some of you are just too funny. If you see one attack against Obama is just can' be true.

The ironic thing is, it's okay for him to use campaign funds to fly to Hawaii, all that gas..gone. Whereas, Palin's clothes can be used for years.
    Seems a little ass-backwards if you ask me.

And I don't think the GOP is saying that him going to see his dying grandmother is bad. They are saying he can fly coach on a major airline to get there.

Let it have been McCain in this position. There would be a 50 page thread of full on bitching.
    I suppose he could've alterd his campaign schedule to wait to get a coach flight to Hawaii, round trip almost last minute(do you know how much those tickets would've cost). I don't care if she and the church ladies are going to those clothes,that's just too much money on clothes...especially in such a short time.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Actually, the cost to fly a presidential campaigner coach would be higher. There would also be collateral damage, which of course, the GOP never considers.

Obama would have to have a flight to himself. Why? Not just for his safety, but the safety of others. Everyone scheduled for that flight would have to be bumped off and rescheduled, which is a great inconvenience to the airline's customers. Secondly, as a man who is obviously a target for attacks, anyone on the flight with him is in danger from boarding to landing.

Add in the Secret Service detail and the cost to inspect that commercial jet from nose to tail, the price just went up.

I want to see one public official, in such a position, who flies coach. Name one. It isn't as if we are footing the bill for him to grab the kiddies and wander around for a day of shopping like some other people who shall remain nameless. I'd rather pay for someone to visit the woman who raised him than to outfit a silly bitch in respectable clothing.

McCain will never be in this situation. His sugar mama let's him use the private jet she bought him.

Quote Originally Posted by SSDiva View Post
    I suppose he could've alterd his campaign schedule to wait to get a coach flight to Hawaii, round trip almost last minute(do you know how much those tickets would've cost). I don't care if she and the church ladies are going to those clothes,that's just too much money on clothes...especially in such a short time.
    Maybe he should have check on priceline. They sale cheap tickets everyday.

But, as I expected, there are always these great excuses for why Obama can do it, when others couldn't.

Elite Member

Default Re

From a logistical point of view, private plane is the only thing that makes sense in this situation. It gives him the most flexibility (who knows what will happen with his grammy) and ability to move easily to wherever his next venue is without losing a lot of time.

With that said, the amount of money spent on elections in the US is DISGUSTING, regardless of party. It scares me how much money is being raised for candidates when social service organizations have to go begging. I would love to see real, bullet-proof campaign reform and a shorter campaign season. It is so much more difficult to control these days as it is so easy to campaign unofficially via the Internet and the loopholes are so big you could drive a mack truck through them.

It is a humongous waste of money on something that is pretty much gone when the election is over.

Then he should rent his own private plane, like celebs. do, rather than spend campaign money on flying to see granny.

What's good for the goose, is good for the gander.

Either it's wrong to spend campaign dollars on personal interests, or it's not.

I know I wouldn't like my donation being spent on gas for him to see granny before she's 6 feet under. Just as I don't want to see my dollars spent to clothing for someone either.

Funds are being given to these two to get them elected, not to dress them, or to help them out in a family emergency.

Elite Member

I can't speak for everyone here, but if McCain used his campaign jet to visit his 96-year-old mom, I wouldn't care. But to compare the use of a private plane to visit an ailing relative to a six-figure shopping spree is a bit much.

I don't care if Palin did get that big of a spending allowance. Whatever. She still looks like she should be eating moose jerky. No amount of money buys style. I'm not stylish either, BTW.

Putting $50 lipstick on a pitbull still makes her a bitch. She just has better makeup.

Elite Member

Default Re

I would imagine that he will reimburse the campaign for the expense. I did donate money to him and I personally don't care. He'd be a heartless bastard if he didn't go see her.

There are plenty of GOP contributors who also don't mind about Palin's clothes.

It's all part of the game, but I think it's the game that sucks. Too much money involved.

Oh, so it's okay to spend campaign on certain things that don't involve the campaign in any way, you just have to be Obama to do so.
    I gotcha.

And I highly doubt he will reimburse the money. He still hasn't reimbursed the illegal donations that federal officals ordered him to return.

*Sighs and rubs temples*
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information