Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Google Map showing where Prop 8 support donors live

*snort* I can see it now..

"Bigots targeted for bigotry by gays against bigotry!"

They already DO THAT.. the whole "you're intolerant of my intolerance" shpiel.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Oh, the media would go for ratings:

"Violent gays attack families!"
    "Heteros targets for vicious attacks"

There is always the religious twist:
    "Religious people now targets for attacks by Satan's minions."

The ultra right would milk it for every drop and abuse the momentum. Do you not think they have been waiting for the first violent fallout to take and run with to smear the gay rights movement?

This is where strategy comes into play.

Yeah, didnt they try that with black people?

"Uppity negroes get violent!"
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

"Limp wristed facial massages and slight hair tugs on the rise. Bible proven to repel the prissy attackers!"

I don't care how they spin it, they will.

Elite Member

Bigot blood, think of it as an organic fertilizer for the lawn..

Bad idea.

And just to play devil's advocate, even if we go on the assumption that those people might deserve retribution for being bigots, it doesn't mean that their families/kids/unsuspecting neighbours do.
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

guilt by association!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    guilt by association!
    Did I accidentally wander into the Gaza thread?

No, there aren't any children frying under white phosphorus

Bashing is acceptable, as long as it is the gays bashing the so called bigots.

The bigotry contained within the blood makes it attractive sidewalk and street paint.

No, any bigot should have their ass soundly kicked. Klansmen, neo nazi, homophobic "religious"...

I don't think anyone on this thread was seriously advocating violence, but you the big difference between hating bigots and a group of people based on sexuality/race/gender/whatever marks them as 'other' is hating someone for what they do as opposed to who they are.

A bigot is someone who consciously chooses to hate a group based on perceived differences. To disagree with the way someone lives does not necessarily make them a bigot. While there are homophobes, who admittedly hate gays, just to disagree does not mean they hate the person.

I have seen bigotry towards those who dare have religious beliefs from gays. It does cut both ways.

If violence does erupt, it will only hinder the progression of the movement.

A bigot is someone who consciously chooses to hate a group based on perceived differences. To disagree with the way someone lives does not necessarily make them a bigot.
    Being prejudiced towards people for something they can't change is bigotry. How they live their lives as a result of that is merely an extension of who they are and that unchangeable aspect. 'Disagreeing' with that is tantamount to disagreeing with how someone lives due to their skin color.

Yes, it makes you a bigot. A prejudiced asshole. Hiding behind 'religion' does not make it any less bigoted.

I have seen bigotry towards those who dare have religious beliefs from gays. It does cut both ways.
    OH NO YOU DON'T. Stop right there. Nobody would have a problem with religious assholes if they kept their religion to themselves and stopped trying to impose it on others through legislation, deed, or word.

That's the crux of it: I don't care wtf anybody believes, but when that belief starts oppressing people, keeping them from equality, or otherwise HARMING OTHERS.. that's when it's no longer a PERSONAL belief, but a pogrom.

^^^^
    exactly.
    no one would care if those religious morons went about their church life and didn't try to impose their beliefs on society at large. but because they are trying to prevent people from having equal rights just because they think that's what god wants, they lose all right to respect and for their views to be tolerated.
    i don't give a crap if the catholic church thinks birth control is evil and abortion should never be tolerated, but when they start holding entire states hostage (like the philippines, where getting a doctor to prescribe birth control is nearly impossible, or nicaragua, where women are dying from ectopic pregnancies because ortega's given so much power to the church that now even therapeutic abortions are banned) and dictating public policy and interfering in public life, they are overstepping their boundaries.

surely even you can see that RIS? and i disagree with the google map showing these people's houses but i refuse to believe that opposition to religious fundies is tantamount to bigotry.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information