Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Google Map showing where Prop 8 support donors live

^^I wouldn't say they're "advertised." It's an application public information. Anyone could do it if they took the time.

Oh, it isn't the prop 8 supporters blood that would be spilled as much, now is it?

I don't think the juries would be too inclined to punish someone who was defending themselves either

I'm not sure you've ever seen a righteously pissed queenfight
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I wonder what the closeted gays would think if someone started posting their names and addresses? I bet that would change their stance of broadcasting one's personal info real quickly.

It's not just the supporter's that could get hurt, their children and personal stuff they have worked for could be attacked and damaged, too.

I really don't see what this solves. Posting business addresses is one thing, but posting personal addresses really makes no point, other than to attack someone's personal surroundings.

Yeaaaaaaah, except that doesn't make sense really. According to the law either side in this stupidity publically donates money and thus are on a public database, accessible by the public
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Personal info is personal info.
    My address is just as personal as someone's sexual preference.

Read above. It's the law.

A queen fight? Please! Weren't you the one who claimed on a thread about special schools about gays not being able to defend themselves well in physical altercations? How quickly we jump the fence?

Whole families are being put at risk for assaults and even worse. The "bigots" will have the upper hand if anyone should decide a physical attack against prop 8 supporters isn't a stupid idea. It's not as if someone could be charged with a hate crime for beating them down.

I agree, start outing every closeted homosexual who can be found. If it is true, what's the problem?

Who didn't see this coming? This is going to be good.

oh fuck, where is my Popcorn??????
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post
    A queen fight? Please! Weren't you the one who claimed on a thread about special schools about gays not being able to defend themselves well in physical altercations? How quickly we jump the fence?
    queenfight: 2 queens going at it. Lots of hairpulling, scratching, crying and words like "bitch" being thrown about.

Queen vs. High school football player(s), because the fuckers never do it alone = zero chance.

Grow up.

Whole families are being put at risk for assaults and even worse. The "bigots" will have the upper hand if anyone should decide a physical attack against prop 8 supporters isn't a stupid idea. It's not as if someone could be charged with a hate crime for beating them down.
    And everybody who put money into the OTHER SIDE is also available for anybody to view. did that go over people's heads? BOTH SIDES ARE AVAILABLE TO VIEW. Only the bigots and those supporting them have a problem with it. Must suck to be on the wrong side of history.

I agree, start outing every closeted homosexual who can be found. If it is true, what's the problem?
    Being closeted and supporting bigotry and oppression are 2 entirely different things. One is hiding due to said bigotry and oppression. The other is financing it to relegate a minority to second class citizenship.

Maybe it's just me, but the comparison is rather stupid and i'll enjoy watching you try to twist it exponentially.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    queenfight: 2 queens going at it. Lots of hairpulling, scratching, crying and words like "bitch" being thrown about.

Queen vs. High school football player(s), because the fuckers never do it alone = zero chance.

Grow up.

And everybody who put money into the OTHER SIDE is also available for anybody to view. did that go over people's heads? BOTH SIDES ARE AVAILABLE TO VIEW. Only the bigots and those supporting them have a problem with it. Must suck to be on the wrong side of history.

Being closeted and supporting bigotry and oppression are 2 entirely different things. One is hiding due to said bigotry and oppression. The other is financing it to relegate a minority to second class citizenship.

Maybe it's just me, but the comparison is rather stupid and i'll enjoy watching you try to twist it exponentially.
    So, I guess you are calling Mel, Revel and myself all bigots? Grimm you need to move on from calling everyone a bigot when they don't agree with you.
    I couldn't give 2 shits about the names being posted. I just think it's wrong to post addresses when these people could possibly have children that could be harmed in the process.

i agree it's wrong to broadcast them on google maps. at the same time, grimm raises a valid point in that any contributor to any political party or cause, will have his information put in a public database. so if you give money to, say, the republican or democratic parties, your address could easily be found out by anyone.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    So, I guess you are calling Mel, Revel and myself all bigots?
    Who said that?

Grimm you need to move on from calling everyone a bigot when they don't agree with you.
    I didn't, go back and read more carefully.

I couldn't give 2 shits about the names being posted. I just think it's wrong to post addresses when these people could possibly have children that could be harmed in the process.
    *snort* now it's about the children?

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i agree it's wrong to broadcast them on google maps. at the same time, grimm raises a valid point in that any contributor to any political party or cause, will have his information put in a public database. so if you give money to, say, the republican or democratic parties, your address could easily be found out by anyone.
    I don't really get the purpose of addresses really. A name would be sufficient.

Business addresses is a different matter, but residential ones? *shrug* don't see much point in it.

I just find it a bit wry that people want to hide after supporting bigoted bullshit.

I would say, to make it fair, post all the people & their addresses who opposed it. Post all the people who didn't register to vote. Let's have us a good ol' witch hunt...
    To me, publishing people's home addresses or even their work addresses is wrong. It just is. I think everybody knows it. It's fucked up. That is all..
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information