Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: In Germany, Barack Obama urges joint fight against terror

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    So, I guess we can call McCain's trips to Columbia and Mexico as a sign that he's running for President of Latin America.
    He is, didn't you here? And his name is Senor McCain....

He also made a speech in Canada.. He's the King of all the Canadas now. On top of it, he's Empress of the Newfies.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by nycgirly101 View Post
    He is, didn't you here? And his name is Senor McCain....
    I thought it was Old Gringo. And I guess I'm catching some of McCain's senility because I spelled Colombia wrong before.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    One of the guys at my job, who's voting for McCain, sent me that e-mail, too. I told him that people who keep playing the Muslim card are just using it as a smokescreen to cover up the fact that they don't want a person of color as President. Ironically, Jeremiah Wright disproves the Muslim label, since no Muslim would have a Christian pastor for 20 years.
    Again with the making sense crap. You know that you can go to a Baptist church for 20 years, and still be a Muslim. You know that Muslim men let their women speak in public, while showing not only their hair, but A LOT of skin. Come on... You know this is Muslim behavior!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Obama Speech Panned in Berlin
    By Mark Impomeni
    Jul 25th 2008 9:20AM

The reviews of Sen. Barack Obama's speech in Berlin, Germany, yesterday are coming in, and some in the German capital are giving the speech low marks. Obama spoke to a cheering crowd estimated at about 200,000 in front of Berlin's Victory Tower monument, far less than the 1 million some observers said that the speech could draw. Newspaper editorials and reviews of the Democratic presidential candidate's remarks indicate a level of disappointment with the speech, especially in regards to Sen. Obama's call for Europeans to "do more" in international partnership of nations.

The newspaper Handelsblatt looked beyond the rhetoric of the speech and concluded that Obama was speaking directly to Germany, not the world community, in his call for more European involvement in international crisis spots like Afghanistan, Iran, and Iraq. "The message that Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama delivered in Berlin was clearer and cooler than expected: We are partners, but it's about to get tough," the paper's editorial said. "Those who expected emotional reminiscing and sweet promises from the candidate were disappointed."

Another German daily, Die Welt, saw Obama's praise for the German capital, reminiscent of President John F. Kennedy's 1963 speech at the Brandenburg Gate, less as a sincere tribute to the city and more as an empty rhetorical device.

"Berlin is beautiful, Berlin is everywhere: It sounds nice but when he then called on people to view the battle against all evil in the world -- terrorism, pollution and inequality -- as a mere extension of the Berlin airlift of 1948, it became clear it was merely a trick."
    Other German media reviews were more positive for Obama. But the criticism underscores the inherent risk of foreign travel for candidates and elected officials. Foreign audiences and media outlets are perhaps more willing to be critical of politicians in whom they have no direct interest, and those critiques could serve to change the media narrative at home. If the American press picks up on the sentiments of some in Germany about the relative lack of substance in Obama's biggest speech on this trip, Obama may come under more scrutiny from a thus far mostly friendly press corps. Although a remote possibility, it would be ironic if Obama's foreign trip, designed to show the candidate has the chops to be a leader on the world stage, ends up causing more questions about his campaign here at home.

Obama Speech Panned in Berlin - Political Machine
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

"The message that Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama delivered in Berlin was clearer and cooler than expected: We are partners, but it's about to get tough," the paper's editorial said. "Those who expected emotional reminiscing and sweet promises from the candidate were disappointed."
    Well, what did they expect from him? Obama was trying to show himself as a potential world leader, not a camp counselor. And considering Germany's spotty history in World War II they should be happy he painted their country in a good light in his speech.

They were expecting 1 million and only had 200,000.

1 million? who has ever drawn those kind of numbers? Who are said "observers"?

The square can probably HOLD that many.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    1 million? who has ever drawn those kind of numbers? Who are said "observers"?

The square can probably HOLD that many.
    Don't bother, she's reaching.

^ What the fuck am I reaching for? Please tell me, since you seem to have me all figured out.

If you have a problem, go ahead and get it out. Let's do this.

I mean seriously, you are going back to posts that are 2 months old, just to try to insult me. You better have more in you than that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information