Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Geraldine Ferraro race-baits for Hillary Clinton again, in resignation letter

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    The point of that statistic is to show that black voters will come out and vote in large numbers for a candidate, regardless of race.

And when Hillary ran for the Senate, Bill was still riding high on his support with the black community, so it wasn't a shock that black voters, who turned out in large numbers to vote for him, turned out in large numbers and voted for his wife.
    King, you and I both know that if 90% of the black voters in NY voted for a Repub, then look around for the lake of fire, the world has come to it's end.

Fuck, if 90% of all NY'ers, black or white voted for a Repub, it's the Seventh Sign.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    King, you and I both know that if 90% of the black voters in NY voted for a Repub, then look around for the lake of fire, the world has come to it's end.

Fuck, if 90% of all NY'ers, black or white voted for a Repub, it's the Seventh Sign.
    It's not a matter of Republican or Democrat, WCG. Back in the day, most black people tended to vote Republican because it was the party of Lincoln. As far as N.Y. goes, if it wasn't for the Bill Clinton factor, Hillary wouldn't have gotten those numbers of black votes.

My original point was that if black voters feel strongly enough about a viable candidate then we'll vote in large numbers. Which is why Obama is getting the support that he's getting. Bill Clinton got that same support. But neither Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton were able to get the level of black support that Obama has, even though Jesse did win in S.C.

^^ Well Obama and Jesse are apples and oranges. I won't even compare Al Sharpton, because we are discussing viable candidates. Al Sharpton had as much of a chance as Lyndon LaRouche.

I know all about how the Repubs once were, but they haven't been the party of Lincoln in my lifetime. I don't know how old you are, but I doubt it's that old.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

^^No, I'm not that old. And I meant that a lot of blacks back in the day voted Republican because it was the same party that Lincoln was in when he freed the slaves. That's what I meant by 'the party of Lincoln.'

^^No, I'm not that old. And I meant that a lot of blacks back in the day voted Republican because it was the same party that Lincoln was in when he freed the slaves. That's what I meant by 'the party of Lincoln.'
    I know what you meant

But seriously, the Repubs in my lifetime have always been the party of Nixon, Reagan, Bush 1 and 2......So while I understand that historically they were aligned with the interests of black voters, Republican has come to have an entirely different meaning.

I grew up in NYC in the 70's, 80's, and 90's ( it took me a long time to grow up, i like to think of it as a process ) and I still can't believe Giuliani was elected. I always view NYC as this blue, liberal, everything goes, crazy city. And that always votes dem.....
    Last edited by witchcurlgirl; March 13th, 2008 at 09:13 PM.

King - you have to change your avatar. I have a hard time reading your well thought out, thought provoking posts when all I can think about is chronic!!

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    I know what you meant

But seriously, the Repubs in my lifetime have always been the party of Nixon, Reagan, Bush 1 and 2......So while I understand that historically they were aligned with the interests of black voters, Republican has come to have an entirely different meaning.

I grew up in NYC in the 70's, 80's, and 90's ( it took me a long time to grow up, i like to think of it as a process ) and I still can't believe Giuliani was elected. I always view NYC as this blue, liberal, everything goes, crazy city. And that always votes dem.....
    Oh, yeah the Republicans have definitely changed. And not for the better. But the same could be said for the Democrats, too. That's why I consider myself an Independent, even though I tend to vote primarily Democratic.

As far as Guliani, you're not the only one that can't believe he got elected. But I think after having Dinkins and Koch, who were both kind of wimpy and weak, N.Y. voters wanted a stronger mayor, and what they ended up with was a cross-dressing asshole that cheated on his wife.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    King - you have to change your avatar. I have a hard time reading your well thought out, thought provoking posts when all I can think about is chronic!!
    Thanks for the compliment, Sluce. Your posts definitely make me think, too.

And you act like having thoughts about the chronic is a bad thing. Puff, puff, give. Don't mess up the rotation. God, I wish I was high, now.

i'm so sick of the baiting, accusations, etc. more so than any other year.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

^^I wish it will all stop! Let's get back to politics..

Puff, puff, give. Don't mess up the rotation.
    God, I wish I was high, now.
    A little Purple Haze goes a long way! So, I've been told!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Quote Originally Posted by msdebagain View Post
    i'm so sick of the baiting, accusations, etc. more so than any other year.
    You're not the only one. It's just getting dumber by the day, from both the Obama and Clinton camps.

Quote Originally Posted by SSDiva View Post

Were you told this before or after you got lost in the Haze?

Were you told this before or after you got lost in the Haze?
    I know nothing of what you're talking about!! He is all I know about the Haze!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

^^Now you're trying to blame a dead guy for your Chronic Haze?

On a sidenote: Keith Olbermann did a nice piece on the Ferarro/Clinton/Obama race issue.

YouTube - Keith Olbermann Special Comment on Hillary Clinton

Quote Originally Posted by SSDiva View Post
    ^^I wish it will all stop! Let's get back to politics..

It's been way too long since I have enjoyed the haze. There are times when I inhale deeply and I can taste it as if I really had some. Maybe they should have everyone smoke the peacepipe before the next debate. That could be interesting!! Instead of Brian Williams it should be hosted by Snoop.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information