Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: George Bush says no funding for hospitals who deny pro-life staff

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    It's implied. Pro lifers will refuse to perform certain duties. Thus any hospital that refuses to hire then will have their federal funding pulled.

That means they get hired, refuse to give people contraception or abortions, and the hospital can't do shit. Read between the lines
    Bingo! ... not to mention that once they're hired you are risking a lawsuit if you try to get rid of them and while they work there they can start passing confidential med. information to their pro-life freak buddies.

Silver Member

Cool. This would bring us one step closer to my dream law - I could get hired and then sue when they fire me for sitting on my ass doing nothing all day because it's against my personal beliefs to do what I was hired for. Good to see Bush is looking out for the little people who want to be hired to follow their beliefs instead of the guidelines of the job they're hired to do.

Little by little, these types of things will chip away at the abortion laws and make it easier for these idiots to make abortion illegal.

i should clarify....i think it's good that people who against abortion are protected, not people who are against contraception. not that many of you are going to find that any better.

I don't.

If you're a forced pregnancy nazi, chances are you shouldn't be in a field that will have to give abortions.

Same way that you shouldn't be in a field (pharmacy) where you are incapable of serving people, because you simply have to shove YOUR silly religious prattle on OTHER people by refusing to dispense their doctor ordered medications/treatments.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

i'm not sure if the YOU grimmlok is addressing is me or not, but how i feel about abortion is not based on "silly" religion, it is based on science.

I was speaking in general terms, however scientific reasoning behind the refusal of abortions for other women? How interesting.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I'm so sick of the Christian conservative bullshit in this country. They are such idiots!

Silver Member

Ridiculous. If you're morally opposed to your expected duties then don't fucking do the job.

Using this logic PETA can sue for discrimination because they can't work at/would get sacked by an abbatoir. Following that train of thought, could a JW doctor in A&E refuse to do a blood transfusion? Or could a scientologist refuse to dispense psychiatric medication?

Fucking stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by dexter7 View Post
    i'm not sure if the YOU grimmlok is addressing is me or not, but how i feel about abortion is not based on "silly" religion, it is based on science.
    Then they shouldn't take the job if they're morally opposed to basic aspects of it.

---------------------------

Funnily enough i've read about, and encountered, women who've come to the clinic for an abortion because they were denied the MAP (that they had a PRESCRIPTION for, from the higher authority of a doctor) by some jumped up self righteous pharmacist.
    Last edited by Tati; July 24th, 2008 at 09:57 AM.
    You just smile and roll your eyes to the back of your head.

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

I can see it now, a group of ultra consevative pro-lifers are going to try to infiltrate more than a few hospitals, and refuse to perform fetal evacuations, or give contraceptives to women, and Bush's law will be on their side. As far as I'm concerned, the welfare money these babies are going to need should come directly from THEIR pockets, not mine.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

I am pro choice. I don't think either of my daughters are and they are both atheists. They just feel all life is precious. They are young and haven't seem the havoc it can cause to all involved in an unwanted pregnancy. I wouldn't mind so much if more of these mothers gave up their children for adoption, but no, they keep them and have no clue how to raise them.
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information