Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Gaza complicates Barack Obama's policy in Mideast

The irony is that arabs are semetic people as well- so saying that they are anti semetic is pretty ironic. And the term I think was created by a German and was a relative recent way to describe what happened during the second world war because of the shit and discrimination that the Jews suffered at the hands of the Nazis.

Its sad to see this is used as a defence where there is nothing defensive about it. I hate extrememism it just breeds more hate.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Let's be honest here, "the west" tolerates Israel's illegal behaviour because there is still a lot of collective guilt about what happened to the Jews during WW2 and, it has to be said, if anyone dares criticise Israel's continued beligerance towards its neighbours then it's only a matter of time before some politician or religious or military leader plays the H card and everyone shuts up. They are literally getting away with murder but the world community is too intimidated about political correctness to call them to account. I know I'll probably get flamed for saying this, but someone had to.

And I am NOT defending Islamist militant suicide bombers and terrorists who carry out atrocities against innocent Israeli civilians. They are equally reprehensible. But there seems to be a perception that Israel are the "good guys" in all these conflicts and they are not.
    Thats what I take issue with as well. And you're absolutely correct, by the way. My own mother is aghast with me, she says that I go against the teachings of her church by being pro-Palestinian. She's brainwashed by propoganda. I asked her when did I ever say, even once, that I was pro-Palestinian? It seems to me that if you knock Israel, than you must side with Palestine. Not so. In fact, I'm pretty neutral in the fact that I dislike both Hamas and Israel. What bothers me is that anytime there is discourse between the two, there is a heavily disproportionate response of Palestinian civilian casualties as opposed to Israeli. Israel is overzealous aggressively and egregiously commits war crimes, yet never get punished. I'm more for justice here than anything else, it defies logic that time and time again Israel is let off the hook and never faces repercussions. And my heart breaks once again for all these children, just as it did during the Lebanon conflict in 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by Aella View Post
    No flames from me, you're absolutely right.

I almost got into a massive fight with this Jewish-American woman I know in livejournal the other day, because when someone expressed a (polite) criticism of Israel's actions in Gaza, she immediately snapped back accusing them of being antisemitic (!).

Er, criticism Israel's policy does not equal antisemitism. Criticizing a government does not mean you hate all the people living under that government! GOD! I criticize my own government all the time, I guess I'm crippled by self-loathing.
    Don't worry, thats an old fallback trick to silence anyone who dares to criticize Israeli policy. Its old and played out. I am so sick of all these games, quite honestly, the antisemitism card simply means that you have no other excuses to lay out regarding Israel's behavior, its a last ditch effort at deflection. I have Israeli friends and believe that Israel has a right to exist (just as Palestine does), just because I condemn their government means nothing regarding their people.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

You can also use the argument that Christians are getting caught up with this crap- Many palestianians are Christians in Palestine/Israel and in Lebanon. Its not only Muslims and Jews!

it's saddening that most people have forgotten or are unaware of Israel's reason for invading Gaza - since 2000 there have been rockets fired from Gaza into Israel, can you imagine living with that everyday? no one on the streets, bomb shelters in play grounds?? Israels reason for invading is to destroy the tunnels that are bringing weapons into Gaza and continuing the attacks on Israel.
    Maybe this isnt the best corse of action for the IDF to take, but what else can they do but sit and watch rockets being shot into their country everyday?

and what part of that warrants flechette missiles and phosphorous bombs?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

A*O

I'm sure Israel has the information and skills to send in special forces to take out Hamas positions with precision and minimum 'collateral damage' aka 'dead women and children'. Instead they have gone in using shock and awe tactics that are clearly intended to send the message that they have the military strength to obliterate Gaza if they choose to. They are using a sledgehammer instead of a scalpel and this kind of behaviour merely excalates the violence. And yet again nobody is holding Israel to account. Is it any wonder the Palestinians are so bitter about the west's apparent indifference and is it any wonder that these extremist organisations like Hamas have an endless and willing pool of volunteers ready to die for their cause?
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Stopping aid as well is another thing which doesnt help matters - at the end of the day the extremists on both sides are using this as way to further their own agenda and totally the humanitarian issues. That is no excuse to why this should be happening and like what the others said there are better ways instead of using the tactics that IDF are using right now.

A*O

The sad fact is that while two bitter enemies want to live on the same piece of land that both consider theirs by right this situation is never going to be resolved peacefully.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

The UN tried to provide aid shipments today to Gaza but come under heavy fire by Israeli forces and had to retreat after one of the drivers died under fire. These are people who are only interested in bringing aid to the wounded, and yet even they are attacked. Its unbelievable.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Hit By Ban Bus!

NEVER FORGET

The King David Massacre

The Massacre at Baldat al-Shaikh

Yehida Massacre

Khisas Massacre

Qazaza, Massacre

The Semiramis Hotel Massacre

The Massacre at Dair Yasin

Naser Al-Din Massacre

The Tanturra Massacre

Beit Daras Massacre

The Dahmash Mosque Massacre

Dawayma Massacre

Houla Massacre

Sharafat Massacre

Salha Massacre

The Massacre at Qibya

Kaft Qasem Massacre

Khan Yunis Massacre

The Massacre in Gaza City

Al-Sammuo' Massacre

Aitharoun Massacre

Kawnin Massacre

Hanin Massacre

Bint Jbeil Massacre

Abbasieh Massacre

Adloun Massacre

Saida Massacre

Fakhani Massacre

Beirut Massacre

Sabra And Shatila Massacre

Jibsheet Massacre

Sohmor Massacre

Seer Al Garbiah

Maaraka Massacres

Zrariah Massacre

Homeen Al-Tahta Massacre

Jibaa Massacre

Yohmor Massacre

Tiri massacre

Al-Naher Al-Bared Massacre

Ain Al-Hillwee Massacre

Oyon Qara Massacre

Siddiqine Massacre

Al-Aqsa Mosque Massacre

The Ibrahimi Mosque Massacre

The Jabalia Massacre

Aramta Massacre

Eretz Checkpoint Massacre

Deir Al-Zahrani Massacre

Nabatiyeh (school bus) Massacre

Mnsuriah Massacre

The Sohmor Second Massacre

Nabatyaih Massacre

Qana Massacre

Trqumia Massacr

Janta Massacre

24 Of June 1999 Massacres

Western Bekaa villages Massacre

The above are all massacre's of Palestinians by Israeli's. Please google them all and read of the atrocities. This latest invasion is but a continuation of Israels determination to push the Palestinians into the sea and seize what is left of their forsaken land.

Feel free to google to try and find comparable Israeli body counts caused by Palestinians. You will not be able to.

Elite Member

You talk about the Arab world and the war between the Arab world and Israel, what war? the Arab world and Israel are no longer in war! Arab world is Egypt,Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Morocco, Jordan and more. as much as i know we have no war with those countries, as much that i know some of them support Israel actions in Gaza, some of them are even friends with Israel. The Hamas is NOT the Arab world (exactly like Hizballa and El Kaida are not the Arab world) they are terror organizations. To say that they are the Arab world its like to say that the Natzi is the Europe world or that the KKK is the Christian world.

We are not fighting agains the Arabs we fighting agains the terror organization, organization that his main goal is to destroy Israel and not to benefit with Gaza. we know that, Europe know that, Arab world know that and thats is why those leaders "let" Israel act in Gaza not bc someone somewere feel guilt about WW2, nobody feel guilt and nobody need to feel gulit.

A*O

So Palestinians are not Arabs? Please educate us.

Quote Originally Posted by marie View Post
    We are not fighting agains the Arabs we fighting agains the terror organization, organization that his main goal is to destroy Israel and not to benefit with Gaza.
    Oh, is that why Israel refuses to let western journalists into Gaza so that they can verify these facts? That hundreds of Gazans have been killed or wounded? Is that why the International Red Cross/Crescent started talking about war crimes today committed on Israel's behalf?

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    So Palestinians are not Arabs? Please educate us.
    The Palestinians did NOT vote or chose the Hamas! their elected leaders are the Fatha. The Hamas military coup Gaza. The Palestinias that live in the west bank with their leaders that they vote for in a democratic elections live with the Israeli pp, sit in the Knesset (Israeli parlament) and ect... Gaza which is under the Hamas military control is in war with Israel.

A*O

Thanks for the explanation. I freely admit I find the whole situation very confusing with all the various factions involved.

I still don't understand why Israel thinks that blasting Hamas into oblivion is going to solve the problem because it merely creates martyrs. If Hamas is the problem then I don't understand why the democratically elected Palestinian Fatha government doesn't take action to deal with it. It seems to me that they are complicit with the Hamas agenda by letting them continue with their "jihad" against Israel.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread Information