Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gay rights finally get due at presidential forum on TV

WELCOME THE FUCK BACK, ANALYZER!!!

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by DoveFeatheredRaven View Post
    I am pro gay marriage and from the bible belt. Think about this-- I don't know what the numbers are but I am sure most Americans are not for gay marriage. If any politician comes out strongly in support of gay marriage there goes their chance at election. Obama and Clinton cannot afford to staunchly and vocally support this at this time. I don't agree with this but if they came out and supported gay marriage right now, the Repubs would run with it. Other issues would stop being discussed and all the focus would be about that. It is shitty but we all know that is what would happen and we would end up with another four years of Repubs in the White House. I agree with analyzer that hopeful the Dems can figure out a way to answer these questions cleverly, get elected, and then try to change things. I am ready for the tables to turn on conservative America.
    I can see what you're saying and you're probably right. It's just frustrating when our so-called leaders won't take a stand and instead support some half-baked compromise. I think most people either support it or don't care enough about it to make it an issue (IIRC polls even reflect this). It's just that very vocal, very active minority that keeps it from happening.

I'd like to see Obama have some balls and step up in support of gay MARRIAGE.

I don't agree with this but if they came out and supported gay marriage right now, the Repubs would run with it.
    Other issues would stop being discussed and all the focus would be about that. .

^Right. It would never occur like that. Everything would be gay this and gay that. Gay, Gay, Gay.

I'd like the Midwestern anti-gay-marriage but pro-civil-union folk to explain their faulty logic to me. Are they really just afraid of a simple eight-letter word??

Elite Member DoveFeatheredRaven's Avatar

I think the anti-marriage but pro-civil union people object to gay marriage because the word "marriage" is biblical and of course they believe it is a sin, blah, blah. I could be wrong on this. Of course, I don't understand that. Marriage and civil union are the same to me. I don't see a difference and think gay folks should be able to marry and divorce like the rest of us!!

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by WickedHo View Post
    WELCOME THE FUCK BACK, ANALYZER!!!
    THANKS WickedHO!!

I made a thread in random talk addressing my return and departure you should check it out.

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/ran...yzer-back.html

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    the reality is this:

Americans are not ready for gay MARRIAGE. They just aren't. They're brainwashed by preachers and priests into thinking the word is suddenly sacred, despite all attemps by Vegas and Britney Spears to convince them otherwise.

To court gay MARRIAGE is to court political death right now. Supporting civil unions (read: not marriage) means they're all for legal equality but know their constituents are buttfuck stupid and would never accept MARRIAGE.

Civil unions will happen to start and it'll slowly turn into marriage while the christofascist shitbags are looking the other way.
    I think people not ready for gay marriage have their head buried in the sand. They have this"idealized" way of how the world is "supposed to work" and when it spits in their face they lash out at those they don't understand. I would rather spend all this time and energy on ridding the world of pedophiles, wifebeaters, murders, and robbers. But somehow they deserve more rights than a couple of the opposite sex. I think in the long run this will bite us on the ass!

I would rather spend all this time and energy on ridding the world of pedophiles, wifebeaters, murders, and robbers.
    Yeah, well, they're already saying they have spent enough tax payer money trying to prevent, and help those types of people out.

^^ Gee, you're a ray of sunshine.

LOL, I think that IS where all the time and money is spent, at least on the local levels in the States. LOL

Fucking depressing, ain't it? All that waste!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information