Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gay marriage will cause straight people to commit (gay) adultery, say fundie nuts

.. but they won't be acting on it, they'll be committing adultery with the opposite sex.. i think... unless they are talking about committing adultery with a same sex partner..

still doesn't make sense
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    still doesn't make sense
    *smacks Grimm*

You're looking for sense from these people?
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

one would think it a prerequisite for an argument....
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    but why would it make them question their own monogamy? that's the part that makes no sense lol
    Because that is how fucking stupid the guy who is alleging this is.

But what else do you expect from dumbasses like him?

It's like poeple who say they won't let their kids be around gay people cause they could catch the gay.

Irrational and beyond stupid as fuck.

It's the same people who think this way:

Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Those for whom religion makes sense are not people I associate with. I have a sneaking suspicion most of the preachers, ministers, priests, or whatever they called themselves, I have met are gay anyway.

Hell, since it's been legalized here, I've been getting myself a whole bunch of women to cheat with...just 'cause.

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

If hetero, married men are going to cheat with another man, they'll do it regardless of whether or not gays are allowed to get married. This is such a bs tactic.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

What about single people? How would these marriages affect us? All we hear about is how gay marriage will negatively affect hetero marriage. Do you have to be married to get a warning? What the hell is gay marriage going to do to ME, or do I have to wait for some horrible surprise?

It's like the local news broadcasting tornado warnings only to certain neighborhoods.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

^ Hilarious avvie, Lobelia

Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post
    Those for whom religion makes sense are not people I associate with. I have a sneaking suspicion most of the preachers, ministers, priests, or whatever they called themselves, I have met are gay anyway.
    Heeeeey. My religion makes sense to me and I'm not a homophobic douchebag. Don't confuse religion in general with bigots who are hiding behind religion as a "justification" for their personal hate and intolerance. Wankers.

I was all of about 10 years old, for goodness sakes, when I came to the logical conclusion that God (or Mickey Mouse, or whoever) created gay people just like S/He created everyone else* and therefore, God's cool with it. S/He wouldn't make gay people just so that S/He could be all like "Oh myself, I hate you so much, how dare you be such abominations even though I made you like that?!" That sure wouldn't make any sense!

If a kid in 5th Grade can work that out all by herself, these fundie lunatics should be able to as well.

(*I don't mean in some literal Creationist sense - I believe in evolution. But I won't go into all that here.)

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by katerpillar View Post
    Heeeeey. My religion makes sense to me and I'm not a homophobic douchebag. Don't confuse religion in general with bigots who are hiding behind religion as a "justification" for their personal hate and intolerance. Wankers.

I was all of about 10 years old, for goodness sakes, when I came to the logical conclusion that God (or Mickey Mouse, or whoever) created gay people just like S/He created everyone else* and therefore, God's cool with it. S/He wouldn't make gay people just so that S/He could be all like "Oh myself, I hate you so much, how dare you be such abominations even though I made you like that?!" That sure wouldn't make any sense!

If a kid in 5th Grade can work that out all by herself, these fundie lunatics should be able to as well.

(*I don't mean in some literal Creationist sense - I believe in evolution. But I won't go into all that here.)
    I am glad you posted this because I consider myself religious or spiritual or a believer, etc... and I don't feel gay marriage has anything to do with me as a straight person. We have a lesbian couple a little ways down the street and if they married, I won't feel the need to cheat on my husband with a woman or a man. Wouldn't civil unions please everyone? Churches who are against gay marriage wouldn't be having it in their churches but gay couples could have the same rights as straight couples with a civil union?

Thank you!

Gold Member

I think you and I have the same idea towards our beliefs. I don't have an image of a man standing in the clouds moving us around like chess pieces, the fact that we can sin is a testament to that. Our brains and bodies work independently of a higher power, other than Nature, whom I firmly believe has some ADD.

I still can't figure out why my wedding would be more important than the wedding of another committed, loving couple. I could have been married in a courthouse, without any mention of God, so why can't they? If the church doesn't want to recognize it, fine, I think it's stupid but you can choose your church. The government should have no say in it. I really think it comes down to money and the religious weirdos are getting used as a distraction.

I have no desire to be a lesbian because my friend is gay and we both love Patsy Cline and Janis Joplin, I have no desire to cheat on my husband because I'm sitting there with our friend making dirty jokes and my marriage wouldn't fall apart because I asked another friend for advice on software (which it potentially could since my hubby is a software engineer, lol). I'd be a lesbian because I liked women or I was really drunk. It's not a good argument.

It's the same bad argument as someone telling me that gay men should not be allowed to be teachers because they will like the little boys. I couldn't even get passed the WTF moment to tell the person they were retarded. That's not a gay man, that's a pedophile. There's a difference.
    Snooky Wookums, prepare for the invasion!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information