Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GAS WAR - an Idea that WILL Work

SVZ

Default Re: GAS WAR - an Idea that WILL Work

I'm sure someone in your area works in the same area as you do, you could then walk or take pt to your work area. It'd be more hassle and perhaps not worth the effort.

SVZ

They don't have to work in your office. But it looks like you're stuck paying gas prices, unless you move.

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

Most of the car pools around here the people work in many different offices not for the same company. They live in the same general area and work in another same general area. So instead of six people driving separately to work from one general area to another, roughly 60 plus miles, they all might drive five miles, meet up, drive in together and disburse from a central location, maybe walking a few blocks or hopping a bus to take a mile trip to the office. It's set up to save you long hauls. in this area it's nothing to have a 70 mile one way trip into the Greater DC area to work daily and itwould be much worse without commuter trains, car pools and the subway. But it's not easy or convienent.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

yes! you guys we have to something anything to stick it to the Bush Administration! I'm so glad (and richer) that i started bussing and its not as bad as you might think, and if I couldn't bus, I'd try to car pool too, but I know its hard in smaller places to do that, but try something anything b/c these gas prices are ridiculous and They are just taking advantage of us all! The rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer and bigger! and i'm sick of it!!

Sometimes it's really impossible to ride anything but your own car. Especially if you have small children, the bus isn't going to take you to your child's daycare or babysitter, also public transportation sometimes takes twice as long to get you home. It just doesn't work out for some people.

SVZ

The rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer and bigger! and i'm sick of it!!
    It's true, the middle class is disappearing and the top 1% of the country own over 40% of the country's wealth, and moving across class barriers is near impossible now (compared to 50 years ago)

why does everyone get their back up when the issue of doing something to make a difference comes up? it's true, not EVERY city in north america is like Grimmlok describes, but most of it is... or working towards it.

if carpooling or walking or biking doesn't work, that's fine. get a smaller car. how many ppl that are bitching about soaring gas prices have giant gas-guzzling SUVs or giant vans (b/c they ain't so mini anymore) and don't give me the "i need a large vehicle for my kids" b/c that's bullshit. there are MANY smaller more fuel efficient cars that can do the job.

it boggles my mind how ppl want what is advertised. WTF is a HUMMER doing in somebody's driveway?!?! how did THAT become the vehicle to have??

Me too. My MINI is great on gas.

Does anyone know if putting nitrogen in yout tires really saves fuel? I saw an ad for it the other day and was curious.

Black on black. I'm very weird about making sure my car doesn't clash with my outfits. So as much as I really wanted the British racing green, I couldn't bring myself to do it!

I love your Neon, Monkey! So cute!

In my car, I made the mistake of getting black leather seats because I thought it looked nicer, and now while I do have a nice interior, I sweat like a buffalo.

SVZ

Quote Originally Posted by miss_perfect
    Me too. My MINI is great on gas.

Does anyone know if putting nitrogen in yout tires really saves fuel? I saw an ad for it the other day and was curious.
    I doubt it...you can probably save a few grams of weight.

Thanks! I thought it seemed kind of shady.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMix
    Some people definitely need them and its understandable. Most people get them for status, though, and not necessity. Besides, to me a Ford Escape is quite different than say a Hummer or a Escalade or any of the other behemoth SUVs out there.
    yeah that.

s

Zee

Frank,

My new tires came were installed with N2 fill. My car is doing a bit better on gas mileage, about 5% better. My thoughts are thought the tires maintain their fill weight with nitrogen. Doesn't bleed out as quickly as air.

I'm not very good at checking tire pressure on a regular basis. If you do that, there is no need for filling tires with n2.

Most planes use N2 in tires, I have a private airport in my neighborhood & they'll usually check my tires for some donuts.
    Drive a car, drive a boat, drive a plane. What does it matter? As long as I'm drunk!
    pəʇɐɔɐɯnpə ɹ ı

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information