Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: For the 'funemployed,' unemployment is welcome

keep in mind these are friends who were already relatively 'established' in their fields and all have post-grad degrees, so it shouldn't be too hard for them to get back on their feet once they return.
    in fact, the one who took a year off to travel with his gf, found a better paying job upon his return.
    as for retirement, it depends where you are but in this case, his job automatically took part of his salary and put it in a pension fund and he didn't touch that when he left, it wasn't part of his savings for the trip.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    keep in mind these are friends who were already relatively 'established' in their fields and all have post-grad degrees, so it shouldn't be too hard for them to get back on their feet once they return.
    in fact, the one who took a year off to travel with his gf, found a better paying job upon his return.
    as for retirement, it depends where you are but in this case, his job automatically took part of his salary and put it in a pension fund and he didn't touch that when he left, it wasn't part of his savings for the trip.
    He was in the perfect position to be able to travel. I like stories like this, because he took the opportunity to do something that most people never get to do. Who knows if that situation will arise again. Good for him!
    Hopefully someday I will be able to do the same. I hate the idea of living with regret.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Elite Member

Default re

I hate it when writers and culture watchers take anecdotes about 4 or 5 people and then try to turn it into a trend with a name. Such bullshit.

Most people who are unemployed are scared shitless. For younger people who would ordinarily be starting out their careers, it can set them back several years. It's not something to be trivialized.

I see nothing wrong with taking one's own savings and doing whatever one wants with it. What bugs me is when someone uses someone else's savings, like their parents. Maybe they needed the money for their retirement? They're older, how long can their money last? It's just being cruel to their own parents.
    "Just because I walked into a turd supermarket doesn't mean I have to buy anything." - John Oliver

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information