Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fundie retards put out a "gay marriage will KILL EVERYBODY" tv spot. Buncha horseshit

That youtube would be hilarious if it wasn't true!

They're taking our freeeeeeedom! It's affecting me!

Get the fuck out of town. Seriously, I can never get over how amazically ignorant people are.

I'm married and my freedom hasn't been taken away. I'm married and I'm not affected if my neighbor and his partner of 500 years now get married. Sheesh. People are so stupid.

And who knew there was a National Organization for Marraige? That even sounds stupid.

^^^NOM

nom nom nom
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Wink Spoof

The Gathering Storm

Well, that didn't take long. Did Maggie Gallagher really think we'd take those campy green screen Beckisms lying down? Nuh-huh, girlfriend:
    [youtube]I5HQ2fOUYws[/youtube]

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

That Is Great!!!!
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

Elite Member

You fucking numnuts! YOU want to tell THEM how to live THEIR life! But then whine about how they are trying to ruin YOUR lives. WHAT!?

And guess what California douche doctor, you may soon be able to LIE to a patient if it's against your faith. You know not have to tell them about the abortion option, not help gay couples with infertility.

Why must these fundies insist on affecting MY life? If we just let people be who they are (within reason ie rapists, murderers) my boyfriend and I wouldn't argue on same sex marriage. My sister and I COULD have that double wedding we talked about as children and not have to go to Canada for it. So thanks Fundies for affecting MY life.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC4B4LknF90[/youtube]
    This parody takes an anti-gay marriage advertisement by NOM and replaces "gay" with "interracial" to make obvious the underlying prejudice. All of the original audio has been replaced. The voices are those of anonymous users of a social networking site who submitted their voice recordings to another user who mixed and edited them together.

Denying rights and freedoms to any specific group is equated with hate and racism. Work to create a world where every person is guaranteed the same rights, no matter what their race, belief, or lifestyle.

This is a work of parody created collaboratively by members of reddit.com. Imagery is copyright (C) 2009 "The National Organization for Marriage" and is used without permission under the fair use doctrine codified in 17 USC 107.The sound effects and music were used through a creative commons license from these locations:
    http://www.freesound.org/packsViewSin...
    Thank you to those that created them.
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    redditors Receive "Homo Heroes" Honor for Parodying Hate Campaign

Posted by erik [hueypriest] at 12:55 |

Labels: a gathering storm of redditors, videos

It looks like all those epic pun threads built some fast-twitch satire muscles. Last week the National Organization for Marriage (NOM not NOM) launched a $1.5 million ad campaign to "protect marriage and religious liberty throughout the nation" against the "The Gathering Storm" of same-sex marriage. Not only were redditors not scared by the bad actors, lies, and crappy green screen effects, but they also decided to respond to "the most ridiculous anti-gay ad ever" with a sharp collaborative work of parody. "[NOM's] 'Gathering Storm' ad was so rife with misinformation and fear-mongering that the internet changed just a few words to show what it really was: bigotry."

By replacing all the audio, and substituting the word "gay" with "interracial" redditors highlighted the prejudice and fear mongering of the NOM ad. All of this was done quickly, collaboratively, and without any of the redditors ever meeting face to face. Yesterday, The Lesbian and Gay Foundation recognized this project and gave "the reddit users behind the parody a hearty high five for being 'Homo Heroes' and challenging the homophobic National Organisation for Marriage, who most definitely win the accolade of 'Homo Zeros'!" redditors didn't stop there either. They quickly parodied NOM's website with People-Against-Equality.org. Outstanding job by everyone involved! You are Heroes!
    blog.reddit -- what's new on reddit: redditors Receive "Homo Heroes" Honor for Parodying Hate Campaign
    "If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

I have always gone by the motto "do whatever you want to do as long as you don't hurt anyone". well this is just bullshit imo. If a couple wishes to get married and they happen to be gay so be it. I don't see anyone hurting anyone else with a couple's desire to get married.
    YOU CAN'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT
    (M. Jagger/K. Richards)

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    [youtube]ZC4B4LknF90[/youtube]
    This parody takes an anti-gay marriage advertisement by NOM and replaces "gay" with "interracial" to make obvious the underlying prejudice. All of the original audio has been replaced. The voices are those of anonymous users of a social networking site who submitted their voice recordings to another user who mixed and edited them together.

Denying rights and freedoms to any specific group is equated with hate and racism. Work to create a world where every person is guaranteed the same rights, no matter what their race, belief, or lifestyle.

This is a work of parody created collaboratively by members of reddit.com. Imagery is copyright (C) 2009 "The National Organization for Marriage" and is used without permission under the fair use doctrine codified in 17 USC 107.The sound effects and music were used through a creative commons license from these locations:
    Thank you to those that created them.
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    redditors Receive "Homo Heroes" Honor for Parodying Hate Campaign

Posted by erik [hueypriest] at 12:55 |

Labels: a gathering storm of redditors, videos

It looks like all those epic pun threads built some fast-twitch satire muscles. Last week the National Organization for Marriage (NOM not NOM) launched a $1.5 million ad campaign to "protect marriage and religious liberty throughout the nation" against the "The Gathering Storm" of same-sex marriage. Not only were redditors not scared by the bad actors, lies, and crappy green screen effects, but they also decided to respond to "the most ridiculous anti-gay ad ever" with a sharp collaborative work of parody. "[NOM's] 'Gathering Storm' ad was so rife with misinformation and fear-mongering that the internet changed just a few words to show what it really was: bigotry."

By replacing all the audio, and substituting the word "gay" with "interracial" redditors highlighted the prejudice and fear mongering of the NOM ad. All of this was done quickly, collaboratively, and without any of the redditors ever meeting face to face. Yesterday, The Lesbian and Gay Foundation recognized this project and gave "the reddit users behind the parody a hearty high five for being 'Homo Heroes' and challenging the homophobic National Organisation for Marriage, who most definitely win the accolade of 'Homo Zeros'!" redditors didn't stop there either. They quickly parodied NOM's website with People-Against-Equality.org. Outstanding job by everyone involved! You are Heroes!
    blog.reddit -- what's new on reddit: redditors Receive "Homo Heroes" Honor for Parodying Hate Campaign
    Total awesomeness, both the parody and the Homo Heroes LOL.

When two people love each other, our laws don't bar them from marrying just because they were born different. Likewise, the laws shouldn't bar them from marrying just because they were born the same.

When you're an anti-gay, anything that looks like gays will have the same rights as you do looks like a threat. GAYS EAT BROCCOLI! A threat to vegetables everywhere!

Sheesh. SHADDAP!

^^ LOL, I love it. "How can I value myself for eating broccoli if two men are also eating broccoli right next door!!??"

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok
    Don't get gay married then

I don't get it at all. Heterosexuals don't even do a good job of keeping marriage 'sacred'. Someone tell them God said to knock it off.

Its such a clusterfuck and it doesn't have to be. The simple solution is to make it legal for everyone in every state. Its bullshit to make people jump through hoops! We all know it will eventually be legalized anyway, do these people have their heads in the sand?
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information