Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Frustrated job seekers deciding to call it quits

I lost my job in June & gave up looking for a job in December. Waste of time to look for something that isn't to be had. Employers asking for the moon & stars but only willing to pay minimum wage, people with masters degrees working at Subway, etc., you all know the story. I KNEW there had to be a better way.

Feb. 1, my friend & I started a company and we are looking to hire more people next month! I don't know what the future holds but I am now in control of it. My career and success(or failure) are only dependent on me and not some half-assed employer and I have NEVER BEEN HAPPIER!!

As of now, I don't have 2 nickles to rub together and I'm losing my house but...I AM FREE!! I have nothing left for anybody to take from me and that is a huge sense of relief. It sounds a bit twisted but if I have nothing left to lose, I also have nothing to fear. I have to admit, after these last 8 months, I fear NOTHING (ok, except spiders,lol).

Hang in there guys and keep you mind open to ANY possibility, it WILL happen. My heart goes out to you all, it's a long, hard road.
    I'm not quite drunk enough to really care, but is this her violation of her violation of her violation of her violation of probation or her violation of her violation of her violation of her probation????? ~MontanaMama on LL's latest arrest.

I've got some of the same mindset that you have, Kandy. Since I've been out of work I haven't been too stressed in the job hunt. I just decided to worry about the things that I can control and not stress over the things that I can't control, and just ride this recession out. You hang in there too, Kandy.

This thread is terrifying! Everyday, it gets a little bit closer to you. The hot breath of unemployment, the plight of the homeless, people losing fucking everything.
    I was at Bank Of America the other day and surprisingly enough, I wound up with a teller who told me he thinks we have years of this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    This thread is terrifying! Everyday, it gets a little bit closer to you. The hot breath of unemployment, the plight of the homeless, people losing fucking everything.
    I was at Bank Of America the other day and surprisingly enough, I wound up with a teller who told me he thinks we have years of this.
    That's not a surprise. The economy is going to take years to really rebound. Just the sheer amount of jobs that were lost is going to make recovery slow.

no, I was surprised that the fucker at the bank didn't try to blow smoke up my ass.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(•_•)П

A teller probably wouldn't. Now, one of the bank managers would've blown smoke.

I was out of work for 6 months and worked only part time the year prior to that. I applied for every job I could find. Jobs that fit my resume to a T...and I couldn't even get a call back or get into the office for an interview. I tried Starbucks and retail. Nothing. I registered with the four major temp agencies in my area. Again, nothing. I applied for jobs answering phones, part time file clerks, hostess at a restaurant. Still nothing. Finally, I found a job posting and sent in a resume. They called within an hour or two to tell me they got my resume and wanted to interview me. It took a full month to get the interview and another two weeks to get the job. I'm now an executive assistant. Not what I did before but it's a great job with great pay and benefits. It sucks out there.

i did a walk around of the major job agencies in this city, and they all said the same thing.. "there isn't much right now, even though your resume is exactly what we're looking for"

awesome.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I should go kiss my boss's ass right now... but I'm not gonna!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(•_•)П

A girl's gotta have limits!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Good for you, Mel. I wish more people realized that kissing ass doesn't really pay off in the long run.

Oh, I'm allergic to ass. These lips will swell right up if I even get in the vacinity. I see the people who kiss ass and keep a job and frankly, I'd rather be unemployed.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(•_•)П

Same here. I'm too stubborn to kiss somebody's ass for something. If I can't earn it myself, then I don't want it.

All of the people that I know who kiss ass to get ahead always complain about how the person they're kissing up to doesn't trust or respect them. And I'm like, well duh. The person you're kissing up to knows that you want something, which is why they don't trust you. And they don't respect you, because they know that if you had some self-respect you wouldn't be kissing their ass to begin with, so why should they respect you if you don't respect yourself.

I only kiss ass if I'm going to fuck it. Thank God I work for the government. Anyone looking for work, DC is still holding on pretty good.

My my, didn't we all just dip our tongues in some acid today.

Good luck to everybody on this thread!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information