Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: First gay soldier to be fired, for being gay, under Obama's watch

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Who said that?
    There are other posters here, you know.

Why are they worried about what other people do? It doesn't affect them. If they're worried about what a minority group does that has no effect on them then they're bigots and they might want to re-evaluate their 'liberal' label.
    They have a right to believe whatever they want to. I don't have to like it or agree.

They can disagree with things that affect them all they want. When they disagree with issues that HAVE NO EFFECT ON THEM WHATSOEVER, merely because they don't think some other group should enjoy the same benefits for nebulous, illogical reasons, it makes them bigots. I'm not going through this with you AGAIN.
    Good, because I won't even read it. Same old, same old. Let the "bigots" do what they do. I really don't have time to care about it.

The question was random and could have been asked of any of them. She also didn't lose because of that.

however, had she been asked about interracial marriage i'm sure you would have cooed and batted your eyes at her 'honesty'
    You are hilarious! I am a mixed race woman who grew up in the deep south. I date or marry whomever I want and if you think I haven't seen open bigotry, you hare sadly mistaken. I know it first hand. I know damn well I have been passed over in situations due to my look, my background, my family, or whatever. I deal with it, do my thing, and do it better than they do. See, I'm not weak. I know how to brush off my shoulders. So let me break it down to you. I do what I want, when I want, with whom I want. Let them hate me. Let them throw slurs. I can flip the bitch switch in a minute and I assure you, when I am done, they are speechless and backing away.

As for her "honesty", I would never have asked because, if you can't tell by now, I don't give a damn what she, or anyone else, thinks about the way I live. I don't require some bubble-headed, silicone beauty contest bimbo's validation, so I would never have been there, let alone given her the opportunity to voice her airheaded "opinion".

EDIT: nevermind, i thought you had just gone crazy.. didnt see crumpets post...

*rubs eyes*
    See what assumption does for you? Read the screen name. Crazy doesn't bother me. Sometimes those who don't follow the mainstream or group mentality are labeled crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post
    There are other posters here, you know.

They have a right to believe whatever they want to. I don't have to like it or agree.

Good, because I won't even read it. Same old, same old. Let the "bigots" do what they do. I really don't have time to care about it.

You are hilarious! I am a mixed race woman who grew up in the deep south. I date or marry whomever I want and if you think I haven't seen open bigotry, you hare sadly mistaken. I know it first hand. I know damn well I have been passed over in situations due to my look, my background, my family, or whatever. I deal with it, do my thing, and do it better than they do. See, I'm not weak. I know how to brush off my shoulders. So let me break it down to you. I do what I want, when I want, with whom I want. Let them hate me. Let them throw slurs. I can flip the bitch switch in a minute and I assure you, when I am done, they are speechless and backing away.

As for her "honesty", I would never have asked because, if you can't tell by now, I don't give a damn what she, or anyone else, thinks about the way I live. I don't require some bubble-headed, silicone beauty contest bimbo's validation, so I would never have been there, let alone given her the opportunity to voice her airheaded "opinion".

See what assumption does for you? Read the screen name. Crazy doesn't bother me. Sometimes those who don't follow the mainstream or group mentality are labeled crazy.
    My kinda girl!!! The world needs more people like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    Why would they? Would you want to die for someone that's prejudice against you? I know I wouldn't.
    Well they are not fighting and dying for someone that is prejudiced against them. They are fighting and dying for a military and country they believe in. It so happens that there are homophobes in the military and whatnot that sets these policies. That's a different issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    My kinda girl!!! The world needs more people like that.
    More power to the Uber Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by celeb_2006 View Post
    Well they are not fighting and dying for someone that is prejudiced against them. They are fighting and dying for a military and country they believe in. It so happens that there are homophobes in the military and whatnot that sets these policies. That's a different issue.
    That is a stupid statement.

Quote Originally Posted by celeb_2006 View Post
    They believe in a country which they feel is oppressing them? So, basically, they want the right to fight and die for a country which will not give them what they believe are basic freedoms? Wouldn't that be the enemy?

Will not at present. They fight for the ideals that are SUPPOSED to be in play, but are obviously unequally applied. They know what the country can be, if only it existed as it should be.

Again.. stupid, or really noble? I think the nobility comes into play when they try and CHANGE the status quo to make the nation reflect what it should be.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

ah, I do see race & sexual orientation as something that isn't a choice. something that can't be helped. dadt is the same to me as saying rosa parks should've just moved on to the back of the bus - where the hell would we be today? people saying "this isn't ok - I'm tired and I want to sit" can start a movement that can benefit others tremendously.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

but racism and homophobia aren't the same because people use jebus as an excuse. or some crap..
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    ah, I do see race & sexual orientation as something that isn't a choice. something that can't be helped. dadt is the same to me as saying rosa parks should've just moved on to the back of the bus - where the hell would we be today?
    I thought about bringing the Rosa Parks example up earlier. Rosa chose not to move to the back of the bus, and she broke an unjust law, but it was still the law at the time. Her actions then led to massive protests and then changing the law.

It was the same after Prop 8 passed in November. You had massive protests and now more states are legalizing or moving in the direction of legalizing same sex marriage. I think people keep expecting the government to always take the lead in civil rights issues, when the real change starts with the people applying the pressure to bring about that change.

People at one point in time used the Bible and Jesus to justify slavery and racism.
    Also, blacks went into the armed forces even when they knew they weren't going to advance in rank, as well as being horribly treated..etc..
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

...and I'm a straight, white non-military man (because I like to think for myself) who would rather shower with a gay man than with a homophobe who might try to kick the crap out of me because my red towel faded to pink and he thinks I look gay.....

...America is built on the display of civil disobedience to get things noticed and changed....however, those who choose this method must realize that they will pay the price/penalty for that decision....the military was right to oust this soldier and he is right to bring all the attention he can to this injustice....our laws are always changing to reflect our society's beliefs....and the days of homophobia being the norm are coming to a close....

..if Obama was as brave as he makes himself out to be, he would come down on the right side of this and stop using excuses not to use his bully pulpit as a way to begin the change...

yep, didn't the country vote for a change?
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

the change appears to be very slow moving.. or in some cases, reversing itself

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

He broke an unjust rule:

I admire bucking the system for a greater cause but still accept that I may be unjustly punished for doing so.......until the rules are finally changed. Lots of people get arrested protesting things. They accept getting arrested as a sacrifice for standing up for what they believe in. I think pot laws are ridiculous and unjust, doesn't mean I won't get arrested if I'm caught with it.

He was punished for being honest:

So was Miss California.....and? I mean, she kept her state crown but possibly lost the national title, we will never know for sure. When she is called names and verbally bullied for what she said she is reminded by folks on the left that free speech has consequences. Well, so does civil disobedience.
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information