Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Federal Judge strikes down gay marriage ban in California

Quote Originally Posted by mella View Post
    Why do you have to call it marriage ?
    Because it IS?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Because it's fucking marriage, that's why.

2 people getting MARRIED to each other. A joining of 2 people.

We're not making up some special new word just so you can stop feeling icky about it. Like racists when schools were integrated, get over it.

You have serious homophobic issues you need to deal with. I suggest you start now. We're not going away.
    I'll never understand these people who are so afraid of a word & acting like their own marriage is threatened or diminished in some way.
    “The thing that attracts people to “The Sopranos” is the family element. It shows that America still has a longing for that traditional upbringing.” Christine O'Donnell

And where should I go? I can't escape it, I can't change my line of thinking and it's not fun if people have nothing better to do than constantly bring it up . I had people at work asking me about it and it's none of their business

Why do you have to call it marriage ?
    Why do heterosexuals need to call it marriage. I don't care what the hell you call it as long as it is equal for everyone. Are you afriad your spouse will leave you and declare they are gay once it is legal?

I can't change my line of thinking
    And there is the problem stated very clearly. It must suck to go through life with such a narrow vision and not be open to accepting change.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Boy! The nerve of those gheys! I tell you, how fucking DARE they expect the same fucking rights that all us heteros enjoy! Tell you what, I've never been married and don't really plan to do it, the gheys can have all the turns I was entitled to - which apparently is an infinite amount. Let it harelip every homophobic motherfucker alive!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

And where should I go? I can't escape it, I can't change my line of thinking and it's not fun if people have nothing better to do than constantly bring it up . I had people at work asking me about it and it's none of their business
    oh, so now you're the victim? you can't 'escape' the gays and their demands for equal rights so what is a poor little homophobe like you supposed to do? who's looking out for you?
    uh.... seriously, do you not realise that you are the one with the problem here? and yes, yes you can change your line of thinking. starting out by getting some pychological help to deal with your deep-rooted issues with homosexuality (i remember the story about your aunt and all that).

i think this is great. i hope it makes it up to the supreme court (and that they do the right thing, of course). further proof that in the US, gay marriage will only ever be legal if there's a scotus ruling. that was the only way to get desegregation, the only way to get abortion, and the only way gays will get equal rights. you cannot have people voting on minority and/or civil rights issues. blacks would still be riding on the back of the bus in southern states if they'd made it a voting issue. it doesn't make it undemocratic because democracy does not mean majority rule on every single issue. as with every other political body, there has to be a system of checks and balances in place and one of those is a court system that is there to protect minorities from tyranny of the majority.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

You could always hang yourself, jump off a building, slit your wrists, overdose on pills, set yourself on fire, drown yourself in a lake, shoot yourself in the head, freeze to death, suffocate yourself.

You have so many options open to you.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Froogy View Post
    "Whats next, sex with animals?" Direct quote from a FB "friend"
    FFS. I hate it when people use that ridiculous 'argument'! Luckily I don't have anyone on my Facebook who thinks like that (or actually admits they think like that) I'd be deleting them from my list!

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    FFS. I hate it when people use that ridiculous 'argument'! Luckily I don't have anyone on my Facebook who thinks like that (or actually admits they think like that) I'd be deleting them from my list!
    homophobes are always saying shit like this, they always have to mention sex with their anti-gay arguments and make it dirty like that when being gay is so much more than just sex w/ a member of your own gender. its everything else that everyone else lives,

its just so silly and shows their own ignorance.

Anti-gay freaks think about gay sex more than gays do. They're freaking obsessed with it. It's bizarre.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

There is no need to even get SCOTUS involved. SCOTUS doesn't make law, they interpret the constitution and existing law.

Just like the landmark 1964 Civil Rights act, what is needed here is legislation. Which must be enacted by the executive branch (like LBJ did on civil rights) working with the legislative branch. Then SCOTUS can enforce such laws.

SCOTUS ruled on cases like Brown vs. Board of Ed, but until there was a federal law ensuring equal treatment, there was no real civil rights progress.

Same thing here. The laws must be changed, and that falls to Congress.

.....and Mella- seek help. I think you may be a repressed gay person, they way it bothers you so much suggests some self loathing.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Anti-gay freaks think about gay sex more than gays do. They're freaking obsessed with it. It's bizarre.
    they are and they're always like "well i would be fine with it if they didn't shove it in your face all the time" and its like HELLO! everywhere you look is hetero sex in your face and by that i mean women as sex objects for men. the whole premise of modern-day advertising is woman as sex objects selling shit to men. its sick, as the feminist that i am. sick sick sick world.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    There is no need to even get SCOTUS involved. SCOTUS doesn't make law, they interpret the constitution and existing law.

Just like the landmark 1964 Civil Rights act, what is needed here is legislation. Which must be enacted by the executive branch (like LBJ did on civil rights) working with the legislative branch. Then SCOTUS can enforce such laws.

SCOTUS ruled on cases like Brown vs. Board of Ed, but until there was a federal law ensuring equal treatment, there was no real civil rights progress.

Same thing here. The laws must be changed, and that falls to Congress.

.....and Mella- seek help. I think you may be a repressed gay person, they way it bothers you so much suggests some self loathing.
    Yes, but it's been declared unconstitutional and will go to the SCOTUS as a result. Courts can strike down laws, such as DOMA and DADT.

It happened on the state level, and now it's going to the federal.

It's not fun for people when they're denied basic human rights either. And it has to be brought up & it WILL be brought up until it's changed.
    “The thing that attracts people to “The Sopranos” is the family element. It shows that America still has a longing for that traditional upbringing.” Christine O'Donnell

Yes, but it's been declared unconstitutional and will go to the SCOTUS as a result. Courts can strike down laws, such as DOMA and DADT.

It happened on the state level, and now it's going to the federal.

Yes, but until there is no DOMA, this will continue. SCOTUS has never ruled that sexual orientation is a protected class (which is part of the problem). If congress would ditch DOMA, there would be complete protection.

There's a case that may test SCOTUS on DOMA before the CA one, it's out of MA, regarding a Federal judge who declared DOMA unconstitutional.

BTW- I don't know how much help Kagan is going to be on this issue- she's worked against the repeal of DOMA and DADT in the past. I hope she was just 'doing what she was told' and will do the opposite on the court.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

erm.. the SCOTUS can strike down DOMA. That's what it's heading to. There are multiple suits headed that way.

Whether the SCOTUS, filled with right wing losers and catholics, actually adheres to the letter of the constitution when giving their verdict is another matter.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information