Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fact check: Sliming Sarah Palin

why does it take this long to figure out that she had all this money in funding for something that was never really going to take place? checks and balances, folks.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    She can teach christian creationism in science class if I can preach about the Flying Spaghetti Monster in her church.

All will be touched by his noodly appendage.
    I fucking love the spaghetti monster; I have a photo of my son pretending to be "it" the blasphemy.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

^ Sounds like the people that gave her the money are the real idiots.

Yeah, how could they know she'd simply steal it, and then try to pretend she wasn't for a bridge to begin with.

I mean really. Their psychic powers are total fail.

I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Yeah, how could they know she'd simply steal it, and then try to pretend she wasn't for a bridge to begin with.

I mean really. Their psychic powers are total fail.

Why didn't they just take out charges once she did steal it? Again, idiots.

And the statement was just a joke. A comment to Mel's, "why does it take this long to figure out that she had all this money in funding for something that was never really going to take place? checks and balances, folks.

Exactly. Before money is alotted to states - especially a large amount like the Bridge to Nowhere fund - someone with a little distance, depth and common sense should be looking at it. States don't just say "gimme money" and someone does. It just does not work that way.. otherwise, I'd like to go ahead and apply for a bridge to nowhere in my neighborhood.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Hit By Ban Bus!
    squirrels in the morning, squirrels in the evening, squirrels at suppertime!

How is it sliming her when all of those things can be proven with video/photographic/document documentation to be TRUE!

She lies. Constantly. End of argument.

Sarah Palin's Alaskonomics

Copyright © 2008 Time Inc. All rights reserved
    Tuesday, Sep. 09, 2008 By MICHAEL KINSLEY

Sarah Palin thinks she is a better American than you because she comes from a small town, and a superior human being because she isn't a journalist and has never lived in Washington and likes to watch her kids play hockey. Although Palin praised John McCain in her acceptance speech as a man who puts the good of his country ahead of partisan politics, McCain pretty much proved the opposite with his selection of a running mate whose main asset is her ability to reignite the culture wars. So maybe Governor Palin does represent everything that is good and fine about America, as she herself maintains. But spare us, please, any talk about how she is a tough fiscal conservative.
    Palin has continued to repeat the already exposed lie that she said "No, thanks" to the famous "bridge to nowhere" (McCain's favorite example of wasteful federal spending). In fact, she said "Yes, please" until the project became a symbol and political albatross.
    Back to reality. Of the 50 states, Alaska ranks No. 1 in taxes per resident and No. 1 in spending per resident. Its tax burden per resident is 2 1/2 times the national average; its spending, more than double. The trick is that Alaska's government spends money on its own citizens and taxes the rest of us to pay for it. Although Palin, like McCain, talks about liberating ourselves from dependence on foreign oil, there is no evidence that being dependent on Alaskan oil would be any more pleasant to the pocketbook.
    Alaska is, in essence, an adjunct member of OPEC. It has four different taxes on oil, which produce more than 89% of the state's unrestricted revenue. On average, three-quarters of the value of a barrel of oil is taken by the state government before that oil is permitted to leave the state. Alaska residents each get a yearly check for about $2,000 from oil revenues, plus an additional $1,200 pushed through by Palin last year to take advantage of rising oil prices. Any sympathy the governor of Alaska expresses for folks in the lower 48 who are suffering from high gas prices or can't afford to heat their homes is strictly crocodile tears.
    As if it couldn't support itself, Alaska also ranks No. 1, year after year, in money it sucks in from Washington. In 2005 (the most recent figures), according to the Tax Foundation, Alaska ranked 18th in federal taxes paid per resident ($5,434) but first in federal spending received per resident ($13,950). Its ratio of federal spending received to federal taxes paid ranks third among the 50 states, and in the absolute amount it receives from Washington over and above the amount it sends to Washington, Alaska ranks No. 1.
    Under the state constitution, the governor of Alaska has unusually strong powers to shape the state budget. At the Republican National Convention, Palin bragged that she had vetoed "nearly $500 million" in state spending during her two years as governor. This amounts to less than 2% of the proposed budget. That's how much this warrior for you (the people) against it (the government) could find in wasteful spending under her control.
    One thing Barack Obama and McCain disagree on is an oil windfall–profits tax. McCain is against it, on the theory that it is a tax and therefore bad, and also that it would discourage domestic production. Obama is for it, on the theory that if oil companies can make a nice profit when oil sells for $50 per bbl., they can still make a nice profit when it sells for more than $100, even if the government takes a bit and spreads the money around to those who are hurting from higher oil prices.
    Although Palin's words side with McCain in this dispute, her actions side with Obama. Her major legislative accomplishment has been to revamp Alaska's windfall-profits tax in order to increase the state's take. Alaska calls it a "clear and equitable share" tax. The state assumes that extracting oil from the tundra costs about $25 per bbl. and takes as much as 75% of the difference between that and the sale price.
    Why is a windfall-profits tax good for Alaska but not for the U.S.? Well, it's obvious, isn't it? People in Alaska are better than people in the rest of the U.S. They're more American. Although there are small towns and farms and high school hockey teams in the lower 48, there are fewer down here, per capita, than in Alaska. And there are many more journalists and pollsters and city dwellers and other undesirables who might benefit if every American had the same right to leech off the government as do the good citizens of Sarah Palin's Alaska.

IMO these are the important facts that the other candidates NEED to get out to mainstream America so they see more than a "hawt" candidate and go back to looking at McCain and his poor choices.
    as privileged as a whore...victims in demand for public show, swept out through the cracks beneath the door, holier than thou, how?

Hit By Ban Bus!

Nobody covers Politics and media bias better than Jon Stewart!

Hulu - Sarah Palin Gender Card: The Daily Show with Jon Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by ana-mish-ana View Post
    Sarah Palin never a member of AIP- Both she and her husband were member- this is a vid of her addresses the AIP.

YouTube - Sarah Palin and the Alaska Independence Party. Palin addresses AIP convention

And this is the vid that the AIP member actually refers to Palin
    YouTube - Alaska Independence Party - Part 1

Around the 6 min mark-
    I saw one where at the beginning he refers to her as a "VIP" member. I'm surprised at Annenberg on this, I'd always heard they were respectable. The part about asking people to believe she was asking 'rhetorical' questions about book-banning is so far-fetched as to be ridiculous. Sorry, not buying it.

[quote=WesCAdle;1365957]Sarah Palin's Alaskonomics
    [quote]

isn't that something? I knew McCain had the media peeved at him but apparently now Palin does too. And it's a bad move for her because I think there is more dirt just below the surface in their case and all they have to do is dig just a little bit and they will hit it.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote View Post
    Nobody covers Politics and media bias better than Jon Stewart!

Hulu - Sarah Palin Gender Card: The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
    So funny and SO true!!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

superior human being because she isn't a journalist

But yet she played one on TV, even though she had to go to five different colleges to get that degree.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post

But yet she played one on TV, even though she had to go to five different colleges to get that degree.

HA HA HA, to quote Marlon Brando as Colonel Kurtz, "The Horror, the Horror". Quite amazing the amount of doublespeak going around as Jon Stewart so brilliantly pointed out.
    Last edited by WesCAdle; September 10th, 2008 at 08:15 AM.
    as privileged as a whore...victims in demand for public show, swept out through the cracks beneath the door, holier than thou, how?

How about the truthiness of charging back rape kit processing to the rape victims as a policy AND practice??

By the by, Jon Stewart is the only way to get political news - (mostly) equal opportunity skewring.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information