Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Face veils: Bans in Europe fail to take hold in U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    it was meant to be ridiculous.... and I have no fear or hatred of foreign people since you don't know me I'll let you slide... Ok so I did have to look the word up but I wanted to know if I was being insulted or praised, you just never know.

truth

we don't get many people wearing veils here in the burbs of Atlanta, so I was at JoAnns (my favorite store don't cha know) and there was a lady (I guess) dressed in a total burka.. the only thing I saw were her eye balls. Yet her husband and kids were not wearing the black sack, they had on normal western wear. Now I ask you where is the fairness in that? Anyway the darn things are scary looking, you could hide a city under that thing but I was at JoAnns and couldn't see a reason to blow the place up. So does that make me a xeno-blah blah? I don't know but since we aren't doing to well with the Muslims.. war and all...
    Funny, I wonder where the "fairness" is when there is a Western husband fully clothed in baggy, full-coverage Western men's clothing, but he wants his Western wife "sexily" nearly bare with skin-tight threads and junk hanging out everywhere, walking in dangerous, damaging high heels. On one hand, the woman "has" to be demure. On the other, she "has" to be a sexpot. In service to master hubby in either case.

Some women like to reveal, and others like to conceal. That should be their choice. Obviously, in whatever culture, the males are influencing whether they like "sexy" or "saintly" wives. Once the influence turns into demand, the line is crossed. But you can't be sure that a Muslim husband ordered his wife to dress a certain way any more than a Western one did, unless you asked them.

Also, just to clarify, the "war on terrorism" isn't "we" against "the Muslims." "We" includes thousands of American Muslims, and there are countlesss more Muslims in the US and all over who denounce terrorism. So, yeah, it does sound kinda xeno-blah-blah.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by lurkur View Post
    Funny, I wonder where the "fairness" is when there is a Western husband fully clothed in baggy, full-coverage Western men's clothing, but he wants his Western wife "sexily" nearly bare with skin-tight threads and junk hanging out everywhere, walking in dangerous, damaging high heels. On one hand, the woman "has" to be demure. On the other, she "has" to be a sexpot. In service to master hubby in either case.

Some women like to reveal, and others like to conceal. That should be their choice. Obviously, in whatever culture, the males are influencing whether they like "sexy" or "saintly" wives. Once the influence turns into demand, the line is crossed. But you can't be sure that a Muslim husband ordered his wife to dress a certain way any more than a Western one did, unless you asked them.

Also, just to clarify, the "war on terrorism" isn't "we" against "the Muslims." "We" includes thousands of American Muslims, and there are countlesss more Muslims in the US and all over who denounce terrorism. So, yeah, it does sound kinda xeno-blah-blah.

now how did I know this was coming?
    How about telling the thousands of American Muslims I'm not ticked at them but perhaps I can grow some ESP and be able to tell the difference. phfft all to heck and back.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkur View Post

Thank you. That was a very enlightened post. I was struggling to respond nicely to such an unbelievably rude post.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by january View Post
    Thank you. That was a very enlightened post. I was struggling to respond nicely to such an unbelievably rude post.

phfft

hitting ignore button

Wouldn't want to see anything enlightening.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

"Trump is, in my opinion, the first woman president of the United States." -- Roseanne Barr

There is concealing and there is being ridiculous. Insisting on taking an ID photo with your face covered is ridiculous. Sitting an exam under a burka is beyond ridiculous. Going around covered from head to toe is unsafe and ridiculous. They can go back to their own country where this cultural practice is acceptable and practice it as much as they want.

I might be more persuaded to believe some of this Niqab and Burqa stuff was the woman's idea if they weren't being beaten with sticks by goons from the "Ministry to Protect Virtue and Prevent Vice" jump-out squad for showing a square-inch of bare flesh, even if it's just the ankle or wrist.

Conversely, I don't know of any women in Western countries who are beaten with sticks by guys from the "Ministry to Protect Sexiness and Prevent Dowdiness" for covering up and wearing shapeless outfits.

I feel that Muslim women may make a choice to wear it but it's because they have been indoctrinated from birth with the idea that wearing the clothing was the good and right thing to do. So yes, they choose it - because they have been brainwashed. Same as any other type of religious nonsense.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I guess it would be somewhat analogous to daughters from polygamous families here being indoctrinated to believe it's okay being one of 6 wives.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information