Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Extracts from today's interview with Sarah Palin and the ABC

Quote Originally Posted by ana-mish-ana View Post
    But wouldnt put it passed them if they hid a mike ala Bush during the last debates.
    They know they are going to have to mike her or Biden will tear her apart. (which I would love to see)

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    she also basically declared war on russia.
    Yeah. And those hypotheticals about nuclear war do not bode well for the future if this Moose Lady is elected.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    I can't take her seriously, for various reasons, but that VOICE is annoying as hell.
    She sounds like she has a Minnesota accent. I can't place it either. But it is annoying as fuck (but much love to the Minnesotans)

Quote Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
    Hey, this is sorta off-topic, but I've thought about dressing up as Sarah Palin for Halloween this year. America's Worst nightmare!
    Well, all you have to do is find a Cryptkeeper outfit for your significant other or friend, and they can be McCorpse! You may even win first prize!

After the interview, they fact-checked her and she got some of that stuff wrong. She said hardly any VPs met foreign officials--in point of fact, it's been 32 years since a VP has had no contact w/ foreign officials previously. The Bush Doctine... hilarious!

Palin's voice sounds like Frances McDormand's character in Fargo.

Gibson looked liked he wanted to either hit her or tell to GTFO.He knows she's full of shit.

Just a propaganda wired robot she is.
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?

PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska.

GIBSON: No, not what sight does that give you, but what insight?

PALIN: I just told you Charlie, we can see them right there. Look! (To a handler off camera "Go get my rifle, cause I can see a moose too!")

Note - Italicized parts are just my attempts at humor. Not to be taken literally or as fact. You know, kind of like the McCain/Palin speeches on their accomplishments and the "change" they represent for America.

Oh no you di'int!! Oh yes I did.
    Last edited by nwgirl; September 12th, 2008 at 10:45 AM.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

^ Bwahahaha!

Classic.

Kudos to Charlie Gibson for not going soft on the Wolf Murderer.

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

I heard the exchange but not the last bit about the moose. Be careful adding shit, people will believe it.
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

Quote Originally Posted by nana55 View Post
    I heard the exchange but not the last bit about the moose. Be careful adding shit, people will believe it.
    Yeah, might want to italicize it to differentiate it.

GIBSON: And under the NATO treaty, wouldn't we then have to go to war if Russia went into Georgia?
    PALIN: Perhaps so. I mean, that is the agreement when you are a NATO ally, is if another country is attacked, you're going to be expected to be called upon and help.
    Gov. Palin has simply reiterated the central and foundational element of the NATO Charter. Article 5 of the NATO Charter, to which Gibson and Gov. Palin refer here, "states that an armed attack against one or more of the Allies in Europe or North America shall be considered an attack against them all.

That is the reason for NATO's existence, and it was originally drafted in 1949 precisely to deal with the situation of a Russian (then Soviet) invasion of the easternmost frontier of NATO, which is precisely what Georgia and/or Ukraine would become if their NATO membership is approved next year.

Funny, isn't it, how people lose interest in multilateralism and treaty obligations when it suits their purpose? No American politician would offer a different answer to Gibson's question. Any other answer would simply be a declaration of intent to withdraw from NATO.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
    Hey, this is sorta off-topic, but I've thought about dressing up as Sarah Palin for Halloween this year. America's Worst nightmare!
    I bet that would be a riot!! Be sure to carry a fake rifle!!

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    I bet that would be a riot!! Be sure to carry a fake rifle!!
    Only problem is, here in NC, people may misunderstand and think that I endorse her, and I can't have that!

^ 1. First of all, NATO would not necessarily just go to war so quickly as she was implying. More likely, cooler heads would prevail and negotiate a cease-fire, etc. NATO (since it is an alliance) would have to decide as a whole to go to war.

2. Georgia & Ukraine are not yet members of NATO. The South Ossetian war/battle/skirmish/whatever-you-want-to-call-it might delay Georgia's accession into NATO.

Elite Member

When Gibson asked her about the Bush Doctrine, she reminded me of a kid at school who hadn't done the homework and got called on by the teacher. First she fished 'which part' clearly looking for a hint. Then she tried the non answer answer. Then when he explained what it was she tried the 'blizzard of words' answer. I love how he came back and said is that a yes?

Quote Originally Posted by Little Wombat View Post
    ^ 1. First of all, NATO would not necessarily just go to war so quickly as she was implying. More likely, cooler heads would prevail and negotiate a cease-fire, etc. NATO (since it is an alliance) would have to decide as a whole to go to war.

2. Georgia & Ukraine are not yet members of NATO. The South Ossetian war/battle/skirmish/whatever-you-want-to-call-it might delay Georgia's accession into NATO.

The question as asked by Gibson was prefaced with 'if Georgia was a NATO member'

The South Ossetian war was started precisely to STOP Georgia from entering NATO......and it was a warning to the rest of the Ex-Soviet nations

And I did not say NATO would go to war that quickly....but that's why NATO exists.....please don't put words in my mouth
    Last edited by witchcurlgirl; September 12th, 2008 at 12:10 PM.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by scooter View Post
    When Gibson asked her about the Bush Doctrine, she reminded me of a kid at school who hadn't done the homework and got called on by the teacher. First she fished 'which part' clearly looking for a hint. Then she tried the non answer answer. Then when he explained what it was she tried the 'blizzard of words' answer. I love how he came back and said is that a yes?
    May Buchanan was on CNN last night and said, "that was a great answer. Most people in the Midwest won't care because they don't know what the Bush Doctrine is."

Now, this may be true, but I would like my elected leaders to know what the Bush Doctrine is.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    And I did not say NATO would go to war that quickly....but that's why NATO exists.....please don't put words in my mouth

She did also end the statement with there would more likely be ecomonic and political sanctions first.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information