Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Eventually we will all hate Barack Obama too

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    I see what you're saying about the Iraqi people deserving their freedom. But my problem with that is 1) that wasn't the reason why we originally went in. Bush made it about WMD's. When that turned out to be a bust, then it became about freeing the Iraqi people. 2) when you look at places like Somalia, Rawanda and Darfur, which are worse off than Iraq was, we just ignored it.

It's just like the WMD's excuse didn't fly, since North Korea already made it known that they had WMD's and weren't afraid to use them, but we didn't invade that country.

And even if Hussein had WMD's, he still wasn't a bigger threat than Bin Laden. And the only thing Bush did by illegally invading that country is give Al-Queda a good recruiting tool to bring in new members. Not to mention, left Bin Laden on the loose to plan more attacks.

I'm not attacking you or anything, just so you know.
    thank you for not attacking me
    I have to disagree with you respectfully. there was evidence of wmd if I remember correctly.

complete ot for one second: is your computer running really slow or is it this site. seems I am waiting the longest time today to open threads,etc.
    YOU CAN'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT
    (M. Jagger/K. Richards)

Quote Originally Posted by viggofan View Post
    thank you for not attacking me
    I have to disagree with you respectfully. there was evidence of wmd if I remember correctly.

complete ot for one second: is your computer running really slow or is it this site. seems I am waiting the longest time today to open threads,etc.
    No problem.

The evidence they claimed to have of WMD's turned out to be false. Even Colin Powell admitted that, after he lied to the U.N. and Congress to get this war started.

OT: And, yeah, the site was running a little wierd earlier in the day for me. But if it's running slow it could just be a lot of people posting/lurking and clogging up the server...like me.

No problem.

The evidence they claimed to have of WMD's turned out to be false. Even Colin Powell admitted that, after he lied to the U.N. and Congress to get this war started.

OT: And, yeah, the site was running a little wierd earlier in the day for me. But if it's running slow it could just be a lot of people posting/lurking and clogging up the server...like me.
    I am going to agree to disagree with you on this but just for the sake of arguement I will even go research again the time when the government was debating the evidence.

however for now I have to get an estimate on my car as I had a car accident this week and my poor car hood and front is smushed. between that and my f-i-l being on a vent and in icu for the last two weeks I would say these are some really sucky times. chat again soon.
    (M. Jagger/K. Richards)

Quote Originally Posted by viggofan View Post
    I am going to agree to disagree with you on this but just for the sake of arguement I will even go research again the time when the government was debating the evidence.

however for now I have to get an estimate on my car as I had a car accident this week and my poor car hood and front is smushed. between that and my f-i-l being on a vent and in icu for the last two weeks I would say these are some really sucky times. chat again soon.
    Sorry about that, VF. Feel better.

Actually, I've got to start getting ready for work, so we'll continue this later. Good discussion.

I see what you're saying about the Iraqi people deserving their freedom. But my problem with that is 1) that wasn't the reason why we originally went in. Bush made it about WMD's. When that turned out to be a bust, then it became about freeing the Iraqi people. 2) when you look at places like Somalia, Rawanda and Darfur, which are worse off than Iraq was, we just ignored it.

It's just like the WMD's excuse didn't fly, since North Korea already made it known that they had WMD's and weren't afraid to use them, but we didn't invade that country.

And even if Hussein had WMD's, he still wasn't a bigger threat than Bin Laden. And the only thing Bush did by illegally invading that country is give Al-Queda a good recruiting tool to bring in new members. Not to mention, left Bin Laden on the loose to plan more attacks.

I'm not attacking you or anything, just so you know.
    Ditto. Especially about the horrors that are happening in other places as you listed.

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

This has been a great civilized discussion. thank you. Kingcap if you could just continue in your calm way to talk to all out "conservative" friends that would be great. How shall I delicately say this........some women just listen to their husbands and believe them. I'm not saying Viggofan did this, I'm just saying some that I know.
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

nana this was a good conversation. I truly stay away from political threads, I don't ususally like them as I encounter these discussions many times at home with the hubby but I found myself just drifting over here. I come on here to battle about angelina and jennifer lol. I understand what you mean by some people just listening to their husbands/partners/s.o. . I know you said in your post you were not saying I did this so I thank you for that b/c I don't . I come from a family that is predominantly democrat so you can imagine how the convo goes when hubby starts to discuss politics LOL I personally don't consider myself a dem, rep, or an ind (nor is hubby believe it or not) but rather, just like many folks,someone who votes for the best person at the time imo. Your statement about only listening to what the other partner says reminded me of a time when a family would just simply vote the straight party ie: all dem or all rep down the ticket only b/c that is what their parents did and their grandparents before them. not making any judgement on that just a memory lol.

thanks again for a most interesting discussion.
    Last edited by viggofan; July 29th, 2008 at 06:42 AM.
    (M. Jagger/K. Richards)

that didnt actually answer the question..
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

acus'not.

Is it inauguration day yet? x_x

I just find it fascinating when people completely discount the colossal fuck up that was Bush's reign of terror.

Like he had no part in the last 8 years or something. Like he wasn't there.

It's baffling, really.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleWasHere View Post
    Is it inauguration day yet? x_x
    My daughter and I have tickets for the inauguration and I am terrified that it won't be Obama we see. The last inauguration I attended was Bill Clinton's first. I suspected I was pregnant and drove there feeling so full of hope for the future. I now hope to experience that feeling again as I watch Obama sworn in.

People hate Obama, who has not even set foot into the White House, yet they still find love for a man who has stomped on the law and led this country into purgatory?

With thinking like that, I can't help wondering if America must hit rock bottom so the force of impact will dislodge some people's heads from their asses.

There is no good candidate in this election, truth be told. I have serious disgust for all who are involved in the mess known as the presidential election. I do have to choose the lesser of two evils, which McCain is not.

Bush has singlehandedly bankrupted this country, screwed another country which he had no right trespassing in, made America the most loathed society in the world, and done absolutely nothing positive during his Reign of Terror. If he is looking for the most iminent terrorist threat, he only has to stand in front of a mirror to find it. Anyone who claims his job performance has been even acceptable is delusional.

I totally agree with what you said- whats funny- Bush will get away with this without any censure or major criticism. Its like he is invisible and its funny that the RNC basically ignored him because they dont want to remind voters of him maladminstration for the last 8 years.

But didnt you know McCain is POW!!!!! No one cant hate his policies or his campaign

Nobody in American politics has ever deserved to be hated more than
    George W. Bush and his band of hoodlums (Cheney, Rumsfeld etc.).
    They are true war criminals, white collar war criminals, because they
    were too cowardly to physically get their hands dirty.
    Shoot, even tricky Dick Nixon is more likeable (and I pretty much hate
    him, too) than this downright rotten, corrupt, treacherous bunch.
    They wouldn't know morals, values, honesty, decency, compassion,
    honorability if they collectively bit them on their worthless asses.
    Obama is not somebody who immediately appeals to me. He's no
    Clinton who has that easy charismatic charm. But I do believe he
    is sincere in his desire to make more Americans share in (what's
    left of) the pie.
    Will people (start to) hate him? Yes, probably, especially the idiots
    who do not or simply refuse to understand that cleaning up the
    unbelievable mess the horrible years of Chimpy McSmirkface's sorry
    excuse for governing have left us with simply CAN NOT be cleaned
    up in just one term. Maybe not even in two. It took Bill Clinton
    a full term to undo the damage Bush sr. did to this country, and
    that mess was half as big (financially) as what his dimwitted son caused.
    So, we should all be aware of that and help our new President undo
    the biggest, faulest man made disaster our nation has ever had to
    deal with.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread Information