Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Evangelical 'Christians' fear losing right to incite murder

you're still not answering the question as to why you oppose adding gays to a law that is already on the books and covers other groups. it's not a new law, they're just broadening it to include gays. so are you saying you're against the law, period?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

There are already laws on the books designed to prosecute hate speakers when that hate speech causes violence. I'm pretty sure the SC ruled it was Constitutional since inciting violence wih speech isn't protected. Hate speech that results in violence against everyone except gays is already illegal in the U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    you're still not answering the question as to why you oppose adding gays to a law that is already on the books and covers other groups. it's not a new law, they're just broadening it to include gays. so are you saying you're against the law, period?

You didn't read the very last part of the post directly before yours, obviously.

^^^^
    i read it.
    If anyone calls for violence, they should face charges, regardless of whom it is against. Deciding what is incitement is the key.
    so basically, you agree with the law and the inclusion of homosexuals into said law? because the law clearly states that no one will be prosecuted for speech alone. and no one has ever been jailed for speaking out against certain groups, at least not so far.
    so if you agree, why are you arguing? just for argument's sake? just because if grimm posts in a thread, you feel like you have to go in and argue, even if you agree?
    or am i not understanding you?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Are you needling for no reason? If you have read my posts, which you either didn't or you just want to find some way to insinuate I don't want protections for gays, you will see I spoke about one portion of the entire original post.

I pointed out I want protection for gays, hate crime legislation for gays, and anti-discrimination laws for gay. What I touched upon was just a select passage, which due to its wording, indicated an overstepping of rights boundaries. I can comment on the way something is worded and what it implies, even if the overall desired effect is one I am in agreement with.

continue to dwell in confusion. that problem is solely your problem to deal with.

so your problem is with the the law as a whole?
    is it so hard to just say that, instead of dancing around and around - which btw only leads people to assume you don't want protection for gays. you are the one that can't give a clear answer, don't complain if that then leads people to assume the worst.

You want to assume the worst. Paranoia gives you a high apparently. You are the only one on the dance floor. The DJ left the building hours ago.

It has been made clear where I stand, including the points you continue to bring up.

You have two choices, read everything and pull the answers or continue to ask me to state it repeatedly. One last time. Add gays to law. Don't change law in any other way, such as the one I pointed out. Easier for you now?

If you don't get it by now, distract yourself with something else. There are soooo many of us who needed to be rounded up in the heterosexual homophobe oppressor witch hunt.
    Last edited by RevellingInSane; January 19th, 2009 at 02:28 PM.

It'd just be easier for everyone if you could directly answer the question, and not be such a pansy about it, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post
    You want to assume the worst. Paranoia gives you a high apparently. You are the only one on the dance floor. The DJ left the building hours ago.

It has been made clear where I stand, including the points you continue to bring up.

You have two choices, read everything and pull the answers or continue to ask me to state it repeatedly. One last time. Add gays to law. Don't change law in any other way, such as the one I pointed out. Easier for you now?

If you don't get it by now, distract yourself with something else. There are soooo many of us who needed to be rounded up in the heterosexual homophobe oppressor witch hunt.
    anger issues much?

It would be easier if people would go back and read the answers the first ten times they were given instead of being angry and moronic.

Angry? For what reason? Someone doesn't like what I say? I've never cared. Someone here despises what I think? As if it matters what someone I don't know, don't care to know, and will never know thinks about me? A faceless name on a cyber forum is just that. The masses have oppressed me in some way? Everyone feels that way at one point. Some of us just learn how navigate the waters and reach the other side.

See what happens when you assume? The only anger and hatred I have seen in these threads hasn't come from the "majority", if you will.

Actually, I'm in great spirits and am enjoying the show.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information