Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Eternal victim Sarah Palin whines about the media in new interview

If you can bear to watch this to the end, she says the country needs her to push reform through and that she's gonna put herself through this again.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoAmI View Post
    If you can bear to watch this to the end, she says the country needs her to push reform through and that she's gonna put herself through this again.
    I'm glad she's thinking of us, 'cause we all need a laugh every now and then...

And of course, she continued her whining by releasing a press release about her newest interview, ever the narcissist:
    Governor's Office sends out official press release responding to media

by: Celtic Diva

Thu Jan 08, 2009 at 18:30:01 PM AKST

(I heard a rumor that you could hear the foot-stomping from Russia.)

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE No. 09-04
    Governor Palin Says to Media, "There You Go Again"

January 8, 2009, Anchorage, Alaska - Governor Sarah Palin today expressed dismay at continuing efforts in the media to take her comments out of context to create adversarial situations.

Ironically, the latest media eruption concerning the governor came out of an interview she gave to a filmmaker who is creating a documentary on distortions by the national press.

Gov. Palin gave the interview Monday as one of many voices contributing to the film "Media Malpractice...How Obama Got Elected," concerning the performance of the media last fall. The filmmaker posted excerpts from the interview on YouTube.com, which then led to misleading reports in the press.

Particularly troubling was a post on Politico.com titled, "Palin: Media Goes Easy on Kennedy." The headline inflames the governor's quote in the transcript, in which she answered a question about media treatment of the prospect that Caroline Kennedy would be appointed to the U.S. Senate: "It's going to be interesting to see how that plays out and I think that as we watch that we will perhaps be able to prove that there is a class issue here also that was such a factor in the scrutiny of my candidacy versus, say, the scrutiny of what her candidacy may be."

"I was not commenting at all on Caroline Kennedy as a prospective U.S. senator, but rather on the seemingly arbitrary ways in which news organizations determine the level and kind of scrutiny given to those who aspire to public office," Gov. Palin said today. "In fact, I consider Ms. Kennedy qualified and experienced, and she could serve New York well."

The governor's interview came as news organizations pursued erroneous and often outrageous leads on a variety of non-issues.

Just this week, false stories in the media surfaced alleging improper influence by the Palin administration or the governor herself. In one case, a state union alleged that the administration delayed serving an arrest warrant on the mother of Levi Johnston, the father of the governor's grandson. The union admitted within 48 hours that the allegation was not true.

In another case, an irresponsible talk show host in Anchorage alleged in a newspaper column that the governor must have intervened to get a job for her future son-in-law, circumventing eligibility rules for the position. Again, the allegation was immediately discredited by proof that the governor did not influence Levi's employment.

Meanwhile, bloggers, the Atlantic magazine and even the Anchorage Daily News continue to give credence to the sensational allegation that the governor's child, Trig, is not hers.

"As a public official, I expect criticism and I expect to be held accountable for how I govern," Gov. Palin said. "But the personal, salacious nature of recent reporting, and often the refusal of the media to correct obvious mistakes, unfortunately discredits too many in journalism today, making it difficult for many Americans to believe what they see in the media."

------------------------------------------------------
    A couple of things:

1)
    Exactly what were you doing IN YOUR HOME DURING THE DAY ON A MONDAY only TEN DAYS from the beginning of the Legislative Session giving an interview to some nutcase for his "documentary" that CLEARLY has NOTHING to do with Alaska...that CLEARLY is meant to improve your image in the "lower 48?" In other words, WHY ARE YOU CAMPAIGNING for 2012 ON STATE TIME?

2) What exactly were you thinking when you had your staff release this response to criticism about your obvious 2012 CAMPAIGNING interview as an official press release? Are you trying to get them brought before the Personnel Board?

3) You made this claim:
    In another case, an irresponsible talk show host in Anchorage alleged in a newspaper column that the governor must have intervened to get a job for her future son-in-law, circumventing eligibility rules for the position. Again, the allegation was immediately discredited by proof that the governor did not influence Levi's employment.
    Actually, Governor, your interview with KTUU PROVED EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE.
    Monday Palin was adamant she pulled no strings to get Johnston his job, only writing him a letter of recommendation.
    Oh please, Governor Palin, don't you think that a letter of recommendation from THE GOVERNOR OF ALASKA holds just a TEENSY BIT of influence? Do you think that ANYONE would be STUPID enough to reject a candidate who had a letter of recommendation from THE GOVERNOR OF ALASKA? How many people have you given letters of recommendation and how many have NOT gotten the jobs they were looking for?

DO NOT try and claim that Levi's father ALONE carries the kind of clout as an engineer for ASRC to have them WAIVE THE EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS for an apprenticeship position. I'm sure the LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION FROM THE GOVERNOR OF ALASKA helped a great deal towards that end.

4) I see one thing that ADN should jump on. To my knowledge, they NEVER gave any credibility to the Trig allegation. I didn't talk about it...nor did a number of other blogs.

Be careful, Governor, we all have archives.

Celtic Diva's Blue Oasis:: Governor's Office sends out official press release responding to media
    Palin can't make it through one day of press with the national media without McCain's lackeys. Can't wait to see what other gems are headed our way...

Elite Member

She should rename herself Dickita the Dickita.

Oh, the irony of that headline.

If she ever runs for a national office again the same press she is slamming will rip her to shreds.

Oh, Jesus Christ, she just said it was 'sexism'. What a looney bitch, after her remarks to Hillary about the 'perceived whine'.

Lol, the dude has the camera pan back to get his Grecian formula do and bomber jacket. Too funny.

Wow, I have to say...she literally almost started crying after that clip about her daughter. So she does have emotions. So Sorry Sarah, YOU made this decision, I called it when it happened, she hung her daughter out to swing in front of the entire world, for her own political ambitions. She has no one but herself to blame.

Yes she does, she has the rest of the planet!
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

The whole 'this child' comment is odd. Also, I love the fact that she says Bristol and her hick aren't going to ask for handouts...at least not from the government but you can bet your sweet ass that if Mamma Palin isn't paying the bills the druggie granny will be.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

My word, Palin is really losing it. From the Anchorage Daily News:
    Gov. Palin's press office: 'There they go again?'

Posted by editorsblog
    Posted: January 8, 2009 - 7:03 pm

The governor’s office issued a press release this afternoon with the title:
    Governor Palin Says to Media, "There You Go Again"

You can read the full press release on the Alaska Politics blog, but this was the paragraph that jumped out at me:

Meanwhile, bloggers, the Atlantic magazine and even the Anchorage Daily News continue to give credence to the sensational allegation that the governor's child, Trig, is not hers.

The comment about the Daily News struck me as curious, at the least. Here’s why:

On Dec. 31, eight days ago, I received an email from Gov. Palin asking several questions about news coverage in the Daily News. I took her inquiry seriously and by the end of the day had prepared a long email addressing each of her questions in detail.

This was her final question:

And is your paper really still pursuing the sensational lie that I am not Trig's mother? Is it true you have a reporter still bothering my state office, my very busy doctor (who's already set the record straight for you), and the school district, in pursuit of your ridiculous conspiracy?”

This was my reply:

Yes, it's true.

You may have been too busy with the campaign to notice, but the Daily News has, from the beginning, dismissed the conspiracy theories about Trig's birth as nonsense. I don't believe we have ever published in the newspaper a story, a letter, a column or anything alleging a coverup surrounding your maternity.

In fact, my integrity and the integrity of the newspaper have been repeatedly attacked in national forums for our complicity in the "coverup." I have personally received more than a 100 emails accusing me and the paper of conspiring to hide the truth (about Trig’s birth.)

(I should acknowledge, however, that many people who commented on adn.com have alleged a coverup. Many of those were deleted as soon as we saw them, but many were not.)

I want to be very clear on this: I have from the beginning and do now consider the conspiracy theories about Trig's birth to be nutty nonsense.

If that's true, why has Lisa Demer been asking questions about Trig's birth?

Because we have been amazed by the widespread and enduring quality of these rumors. I finally decided, after watching this go on unabated for months, to let a reporter try to do a story about the "conspiracy theory that would not die" and, possibly, report the facts of Trig's birth thoroughly enough to kill the nonsense once and for all.

Lisa Demer started reporting. She received very little cooperation in her efforts from the parties who, in my judgment, stood to benefit most from the story, namely you and your family. Even so, we reported the matter as thoroughly as we could. Several weeks ago, when we considered the information Lisa had gathered, we decided we didn't have enough of a story to accomplish what we had hoped. Lisa moved on to other topics and we haven't decided whether the idea is worth any further effort.

Even the birth of your grandson may not dissuade the Trig conspiracy theorists from their beliefs. It strikes me that if there is never a clear, contemporaneous public record of what transpired with Trig's birth, that may actually ensure that the conspiracy theory never dies. Time will tell.

According to the “return receipt” feature of my email, my reply was opened shortly after I sent it on New Year’s Eve. Other than that, I have received no response or acknowledgement of that email.

I think I was clear that we were not asking about Trig’s birth in an effort to validate the conspiracy. Instead we were focused on the persistence of the conspiracy allegations. In the end, we didn't think the story was worth the effort required to develop it.

So I don’t understand the behavior of the governor’s press office. Did the governor not share my email with the press staff? Did the press staff deliberately ignore what I said in order to have a longer list of press “outrages?” Or are they just sloppy with details? I don’t know.

The governor's press release ended with this:

As a public official, I expect criticism and I expect to be held accountable for how I govern . . . often the refusal of the media to correct obvious mistakes, unfortunately discredits too many in journalism today, making it difficult for many Americans to believe what they see in the media.

Will the governor's press office correct its misrepresentation of the Daily News?

Time will tell.

The Editor's Blog : Gov. Palin's press office: 'There they go again?' | adn.com

Jesus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The guy who ever dug up this crazy bitch should be shot!
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

I love that pouty faced picture up there.
    "If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Is that Cindy McCain next to her? If so she looks like the Crypt Keeper.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

"In fact, I consider Ms. Kennedy qualified and experienced, and she could serve New York well."

Yeah, because Palin is the perfect judge of political qualifications.

Her foundation is way to dark.

Default Alaskan blogger: Going Through "There You Go Again"

Friday, January 9, 2009

Going Through "There You Go Again"

Going through
    Alaska Governor Sarah Palin's very self-serving press release from Thursday, a lot of us came up with a series of blanks. Part of Gov. Palin's recent modus operandi is to dismiss questions about her veracity, authenticity and mendacity. Typically, she picks a straw man, sets it up, and pokes weird sticks at it and into it. Then she moves on to the next strange tidbit.

Palin herself has helped fuel speculation into several stories by simply refusing to provide innocent, timely information, or by creating an adversarial relationship with press members, either by her own actions, or through the actions of subordinates, such as Meg Stapleton, Ed O'Callaghan, or Bill McAllister.

Anchorage Daily News publisher Patrick Dougherty illustrates this in his response to the Palin press release, at his well-hidden personal niche, the ADN Editor's Blog. As Gryphen at the Immoral Minorityhas observed, though, Dougherty's response is at odds with statements issued by the ADN last year, when they denied anything of the sort, of efforts being assiduously pursued then by reporter Lisa Demer, as possibly occurring. As usual, Dougherty is too busy running ruining a great paper to notice the falsity he is enabling.

But Dougherty does raise a number of good points about how much bullshit the press has had to put up with from the Palin administration from the second half of 2008 until now - especially since August 29th, the day Palin stopped blinking and started looking for God's doors to open up for her.

Looking through her press release, some in the mainstream press, alternative press and electronic press (ie - bloggers) have written essays about where they might fit into Palin's list of accusations. I guess I should do the same, especially since I found out yesterday that
    I received a national award from a real magazine, based on one early article I wrote about Gov. Palin.

Here are my responses to some of the governor's claims:

The governorís interview came as news organizations pursued erroneous and often outrageous leads on a variety of non-issues.

She is probably right. I had to deal with calls from two national tabloids about an alleged fight between Todd and Levi on Saturday night, after, supposedly, Levi and Bristol had attempted to move out. I have no idea whether that happened or not, so told the people that, and didn't write about it now, except to illustrate the kind of bullshit I have to deal with, defending her.

There are other examples.
    For instance, yesterday, when a national blog tried to turn the Wasilla High School bomb scare lockdown into a story, I wrote there:
    Sorry, Lisa, but this is sort of a BS story. Wasilla, Colony an Palmer High Schools all seem to get something like this about once every year or so. Dwight Probasco is a good friend of mine. I taught an evening course at WHS for 14 years.

Why is this even up here?

Just this week, false stories in the media surfaced alleging improper influence by the Palin administration or the governor herself.

Not at Progressive Alaska.

In one case, a state union alleged that the administration delayed serving an arrest warrant on the mother of Levi Johnston, the father of the governorís grandson. The union admitted within 48 hours that the allegation was not true.

Progressive Alaska
    commented on this story by questioning whether the story was all that Sean Cockerham seemed to be making out of it. My story was called "More Weirdness at the Anchorage Daily News?"

In another case, an irresponsible talk show host in Anchorage alleged in a newspaper column that the governor must have intervened to get a job for her future son-in-law, circumventing eligibility rules for the position. Again, the allegation was immediately discredited by proof that the governor did not influence Leviís employment.

Progressive Alaska covered the story's coverage. I certainly agree with Palin that Dan Fagan is an "irresponsible talk show host." From the beginning of this blog, I've been critical of his racism, his lies abut the George Bush record, and his shilling for corporate interests. The way the ADNpumped pimped his usual Sunday whoring out there on a Friday night to bring traffic by their increasingly decrepit street corner was prostitution at its best. Or worse, depending on whether you are Pat or me.

My comments in
    PA's coverage, and my quote from Diane Benson, in retrospect, were as accurate as anything written then about this incident.

Meanwhile, bloggers, the
    Atlantic magazine and even the Anchorage Daily News continue to give credence to the sensational allegation that the governorís child, Trig, is not hers.

I can't recount the number of times I have commented at national blogs about this. Essentially, I say that Cathy Baldwin-Johnson helped save MY son's life and was my wife's doctor for a long time. I stick up for CBJ every time I have an opportunity.
    Like every doctor I've spoken with about Palin's questionable travel in the days and hours before her youngest child's birth, I question Palin's wisdom, but question her motives in those decisions, even more.

ďAs a public official, I expect criticism and I expect to be held accountable for how I govern,Ē Gov. Palin said. ďBut the personal, salacious nature of recent reporting, and often the refusal of the media to correct obvious mistakes, unfortunately discredits too many in journalism today, making it difficult for many Americans to believe what they see in the media.Ē

Palin's absurd conclusion to her rant shows how unprepared she still is for the obvious fact that the mainstream American press treats presidential-level contenders - ALL OF THEM - like competitors in a hybrid version of American Idol and Survivor. Her accommodation Monday of John Ziegler, one of the chief purveyors of distortions she pretends to lament shows how out of her league Gov. Palin continues to be.
    I doubt that will change.

images - AP, Alaska Report, Darkblack

Posted by Philip Munger at 10:42 AM

Progressive Alaska: Going Through "There You Go Again"

Look at the GIF in my signature, that's the only way this bitch will shut up!

Perfect!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information