Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Elisabeth Hasselbeck defends Sarah Palin's hunting by bringing up abortion

If men were the ones who got pregnant, can you imagine how great birth control options would be?

Although I suppose they wouldn't rule the world and control health research funding if they were the ones who had to go through it.

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

That's why I made my husband get a vasectomy 33 years ago. I got pregnant, I gave birth, his turn for birth control. No objections or whining from him.
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

Quote Originally Posted by nana55 View Post
    Of course I don't think every woman should be forced to give birth. But with pregnancy tests letting you know so soon, there is no reason to wait until you are so far along you can feel the baby kick. I didn't ask if you used birth control, I asked if you had any children. My husband also had a vasectomy 2 weeks after our second was born because we were done and we were responsible.
    Yes, I have a son and, just like yours, my husband had a vasectomy because we did not want any more children.
    I do agree about late-term abortions, but they are so rare and most of the time done for medical reasons. I don't personally know anyone who had an abortion later than 3 months along. I am not saying it's right that people have late-term abortions just because they couldn't be bothered to have it done early, and I don't think it's anything I would have the stomach to do, but some states do allow it and it is legal.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Quote Originally Posted by ConstanceSpry View Post
    Sorry, but as long as abortion is legal, it IS no one else's business, just the business of the woman who is pregnant. And as for how late into a pregnancy abortion is legal, I leave that to individual state laws. If they say it's legal at 8 months, then I guess it's legal.

Just to clarify my comment about abortion as birth control, I am NOT suggesting women should use abortion as birth control, but I am saying that EVEN IF a woman were to use abortion as birth control, it is her business and preferable to birthing unwanted infants.

And most women I know who've had abortions have not had them reluctantly. Not everyone wants children and not everyone gets pregnant due to not using birth control. People do get pregnant after using precaution. Do you really suggest every woman who accidentally gets pregnant should carry out the pregnancy and then give the infant up for adoption? Now THAT is preposterous!!

And since you asked, though this is irrelevant to this discussion, my husband had a vasectomy years ago and thankfully I have not had to worry about birth control.
    I agree with everything you have said. And yes, I really do think they would expect a woman to have it regardless of the circumstances.

From Dead Dwarf:
    People like to say, "Oh she should give it up for adoption then." But in REALITY that usually doesn't happen because the same forces that make the woman keep the baby (i.e. religion) also pressure her to raise the child as her own. The woman suffers because she has a child she never wanted and the child suffers because he is born to a mother who never loved him

The people who say that totally ignore the health risks that come with pregnancy and delivery, even in this day and age. I know three otherwise healthy women who had to be hospitalized for complications due to pregnancy, and they wanted their babies.
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to the View for a minute. I laughed when just before they went to break after the sparring, you hear Serri saying "Another meeting!" They must have a meeting every day. You just know that Joy can't stand Bitsy.
    As for abortion. It's the womans choice. Late term abortions I have a problem with..unless the pregnancy is risking the womans life. That's just my take on it.

Quote Originally Posted by nana55 View Post
    Excuse me!! Have you any children. Do you feel you have no responsability to use birth control? If you are in your eight month and decide this having a baby is too difficult you believe in abortion. I'm not talking medical reason. Have any of you heard of ADOPTION? To actually say it is no ones business is appaling. Abortion is a choice most women make very reluctantly, it is NOT birth control. I can't believe someone would actually write this.
    Agreed. I think when it gets to a certain stage it is other people's business. An abortion at 8 months is murdering a baby, not just 'some cells'.

I don't see what the discussion here is about...if I had an unplanned and unwanted pregnancy, of course I'd just go out to a pasture, lie on my back with my legs spread and wait for a low flying helicopter to pass me by and shoot me in the cooch. Elizabeth Hasselback is a goddess and wise beyond her years. Anyone who says otherwise is just well, ummm, intelligent.

A woman's body and choice is NOBODY's business but her own - certainly not politicians or strangers. Why in the world anyone would think that forcing a woman to have a child that she feels neither able nor ready to care for is right, simply befuddles me. Have you seen the craptastic job that people are doing raising their children these days???? And those are the kids people wanted to have.

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    I don't see what the discussion here is about...if I had an unplanned and unwanted pregnancy, of course I'd just go out to a pasture, lie on my back with my legs spread and wait for a low flying helicopter to pass me by and shoot me in the cooch. Elizabeth Hasselback is a goddess and wise beyond her years. Anyone who says otherwise is just well, ummm, intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    A woman's body and choice is NOBODY's business but her own - certainly not politicians or strangers. Why in the world anyone would think that forcing a woman to have a child that she feels neither able nor ready to care for is right, simply befuddles me. Have you seen the craptastic job that people are doing raising their children these days???? And those are the kids people wanted to have.

Say it loud!

Elite Member

I'd also like to point out that amniocentesis is done at 16 weeks and you dont get the results back for 10-14 days, so that's 4 1/2 months. Then the physiological ultrasound for abnormalities is done at 20 weeks (5 months). So you dont really know if the fetus is normal and healthy until the middle of the 2nd trimester. So lets say you find out the fetus has a serious defect. Wouldn't you need a little while to process that and decide whether you want to continue or terminate? That's how you end up with a late term abortion. Not for using it as birth control.

Oh God, I can't watch that video. That just made me sick in my stomach.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information