Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Eliot Spitzer to resign today

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

^ awesome avi msdb!

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    If it was me, I'd stand beside him and think of all the money I would now be going to take from him in the divorce. He's worth about $500 million, so after 20 years of marriage she'll be entitled to quite a bit.
    Whoa - I had no idea he was worth that much! It certainly helps cushion the blow.

^ good, she deserves every penny! gawd he's even dumber then i originally thought! if there was a chance I could lose all that if i fucked up w/ my spouse, i'd be a damn saint and treat them like a GOD! what a fucking brain-dead moron i swear!

Oh well, that's what he gets.

Guess the media has to find another story to distract the public from IMPORTANT issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Authority View Post
    Oh well, that's what he gets.

Guess the media has to find another story to distract the public from IMPORTANT issues.
    You ain't kidding babe.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    They broke into every channel to carry the news conference of his resignation....

And his poor wife had to stand there AGAIN.
    She didn't have to stand there she chose to stand there. If I was her I would be at my lawyers watching the news conference and tapping it with the said lawyer while we hammer out my divorce settlement. Of course that is just me.
    ><((((º>·. ¸¸. ·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>><((((º>`·.¸¸.··´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º> `·.¸¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

I'm sure she felt she SHOULD stand up there with him. I'm sure she didn't want to.

How do we know she wasn't completely aware of all of this honestly? Maybe they haven't had a 'marriage' in the biblical sense in YEARS? Maybe she stayed with him all this time because she likes the power and all that comes with it?? I DOUBT this is the case, but just saying....there could be far more to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    She didn't have to stand there she chose to stand there. If I was her I would be at my lawyers watching the news conference and tapping it with the said lawyer while we hammer out my divorce settlement. Of course that is just me.
    Political wives don't do that though. Whatever comes after, they play to the cameras.

How many pols have been caught with their pants down...some having gay sex.......the wives always are by the side.

I'm sure there is some ass kicking behind closed doors.

^^LynnieD
    I agree with your points as well. I'm old enough to know that we can never know what goes on in someone else's marriage.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Hit By Ban Bus!

Silda Wall Spitzer: Public Ordeal of Private Person
    By ERIC KONIGSBERG

Silda Wall Spitzer gave up a high-powered career as a corporate lawyer to raise three daughters and support her husband as he sought elective office, yet has always had deep reservations about his political career. Time and again, she has found herself in the particular bind of encouraging him during critical junctures in his public life while still holding on to some regret that he had chosen to put himself — and their family — there in the first place.

In 1994, after Eliot Spitzer made his first, unsuccessful run for New York State attorney general, Ms. Wall Spitzer told Nicholas Kourides, a friend and a former colleague of hers from the world of corporate law, “Well, now he can go back and get a real job,” he said in a 2006 interview.

And in July, lamenting the political tumult that rocked the first six months of Governor Spitzer’s time in office, his wife asked him what would have been so bad about going into his father’s real estate business, Mr. Spitzer said at the time.

According to friends, the governor’s time in Albany exacted a psychic cost from Ms. Wall Spitzer, 50, who has not been able to fully embrace her role as first lady. “I think the whole period of his governorship hasn’t fit her,” one friend of both Spitzers said. “It strained the marriage.”

Recently, the friend said, the strain had increased.

“He’s been traveling a lot,” the friend continued, “and then what was happening to him politically — I had sensed it with Silda over the last several weeks in particular. She’s an extremely private person.”

On Monday, a day after she learned that federal investigators had identified Governor Spitzer as a customer of a high-priced prostitution ring, Ms. Wall Spitzer urged her husband not to resign. And on Tuesday, she apparently hewed to that line.

People close to Mr. Spitzer said that when the news first broke, Ms. Wall Spitzer had emotionally pleaded with her husband not to give up the governorship.

Friends of the pair said that they initially believed Ms. Wall Spitzer took the stance she did because she was not yet aware of the extent of the government’s investigation. “When Silda said that, the details that have come out since weren’t known,” a friend of Mr. Spitzer’s said, referring to the fact that the government complaint against the prostitution ring stemmed from an I.R.S. inquiry and involved Mr. Spitzer’s bank records.

On Monday and Tuesday, as the allegations exploded across front pages and television screens, Governor Spitzer and Ms. Wall Spitzer sought the advice of a group of people who over the years have been both colleagues and friends.

“I was flabbergasted,” said Lloyd Constantine, a senior adviser and a longtime friend, describing his reaction to the initial news reports.
    “I have tremendous insight into what she’s going through,” Mr. Constantine said. “Right now, what I’m trying to do, as a friend of Eliot and Silda’s, is to be as helpful as possible to them and to their family and to the people of the state of New York. And at this time, that does not involve talking about what they have shared with me.”
    Mr. Constantine, whose wife, Jan, is a good friend of Ms. Wall Spitzer (the two families have vacation homes near each other in upstate New York and have spent Thanksgivings together), was said to be initially Ms. Wall Spitzer’s lone ally in encouraging Governor Spitzer not to resign in haste.

Reached on her cellphone on Tuesday evening, Ms. Wall Spitzer declined, with extreme politeness, to discuss her husband’s political future. “I really don’t have anything to say,” she said.

Clifford Sloan, a friend of Mr. Spitzer’s during their time as Harvard Law School students and a lawyer in Washington, is believed by mutual friends to have come to New York to be by the governor’s side.

It’s difficult at the moment to see Ms. Wall Spitzer as something other than the aggrieved party in her husband’s transgressions. But she appears to still hold singular sway over his political decisions.

Some friends said that they had reached out to the Spitzers by e-mail to express their sympathy and support. “And she responded in a very generous and loving way,” said Andrew G. Celli Jr., one friend. “I was a little surprised that she had the inclination to write back. I supposed it means she’s not totally, totally in the bunker.”

Friends of Mr. Spitzer’s describe his wife as perhaps the only person whose approval he values so much that she has even, at times, been able to take the edge off his abrasive style. They cite her willingness to quit her job at Chase Manhattan Bank (she previously worked at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom) in 1994, the year the youngest of their three daughters was born and the year of her husband’s first run for attorney general, as something for which he has always felt especially grateful.

“The fact that she believed in me enough to put her very promising legal career on hold was a great source of inspiration,” Mr. Spitzer said in an interview during his 2006 campaign.

But Ms. Wall Spitzer, also speaking at the time of the campaign, acknowledged her enduring ambivalence.

“I’ve basically got three jobs now, with the campaign,” she said — referring also to motherhood and Children for Children, a foundation she started. “And none of them are corporate law, and none of them pay.”

The two met as students at Harvard Law School and were married in 1987. Ms. Wall Spitzer was the product of Concord, N.C., which had a population of 20,000, and a graduate of Meredith College, a Baptist women’s school in her home state.

In 2006, she said that one of the things that had always attracted her to her husband was his close relationship with his parents.

“I can always tell when Eliot is talking to his mother or his father on the phone,” she said. “He just sounds different.”

Since Governor Spitzer began his term in Albany, his wife has spent much of her time in New York City, where their teenage daughters have remained and attend school. In 2006, when Ms. Wall Spitzer showed a reporter around their apartment on Fifth Avenue, she proudly declared that as a rule, only artwork made by members of the immediate family was allowed to hang on the walls.

One multicolored drip painting, in a den that the family calls the Adirondack Room, had been signed “Spitzer Wall,” because the two of them had painted it together early in their courtship.

“Eliot and I had been to the Whitney and were looking at a Jackson Pollock, and he said, ‘I could do that,’ ” Ms. Wall Spitzer said, imitating her husband with a braggadocious tone. “So I said, ‘Let’s see you try,’ and then I helped him.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/12/ny...nt&oref=slogin

whatta moron.

Hit By Ban Bus!

This Is What $4,300 Can Buy

Spitzie just resigned as the HBIC of New York. Now he can use all his free time to cavort with all the hookers he wants. Well, unless he's too busy taking it up the bum in prison. Anyway, PageSix.com has a picture of the woman involved in the Spitz prostitution case. The Feds got Spitz aka Client 9 on wiretap ordering Kristen to service his ass at his Washington hotel room. Kristen was also told that the client, "would ask you to do things that, like, you might not think were safe..." Not safe? Playing Jenga? Jenga is seriously hard on the nerves and dangerous.
    This leads me to Kristen's hilarious profile. Who cares if the bitch was a swimsuit model or what restaurants she's eaten snails in. Just tell me what the ho is into! Does she do anal, wear plushie costumes? Yeah, probably all of the above.
    Poor Kristen really needs to leave the twat selling game and join The Million Matchmaker. This Is What $4,300 Can Buy | Dlisted

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    I'll bet his wife is pissed. She was probably thrilled he was using hookers and now that it has been exposed he'll expect her to sleep with him again!
    I was thinking along these lines. Six years and $80K later, it's hard for me to believe that there weren't unspoken or spoken understandings between them through convenience and need, especially in the past six years of a twenty-year marriage. Plus, we are being told 6 years and $80K because that's what can be *proven* from bank account transfers that turned out to be suspect, correct? We don't know how much was in cash or when that started, so this might be the tip of the hookerberg.

I hope this at least brings in some high-end business for Kristen.

I think the Mrs. was still pleading with him not to resign up the bitter end. I respect her enormously for wanting him to go down (*groan) fighting and forcing the other side to mount (*double groan) a case. It also shows she's pretty slick on the career aspect of their lives together, which makes me doubt again her status as clueless, cuckholded victim. I don't think she's any more victim or clueless than Hillary.

Quote Originally Posted by ingi View Post
    Poor Kristen really needs to leave the twat selling game and join The Million Matchmaker. This Is What $4,300 Can Buy | Dlisted
    Well, it looks like she dresses in the subtle way Patty recommends, and hey, I think she straight irons her hair! If that wasn't a whoring agency, I don't know what is. The verbal display and presentation was different from the Emperor's Club - now why I know prostitution is called a crime of words, not acts. Heidi Fleiss did it better.
    Last edited by ariesallover; March 12th, 2008 at 05:29 PM.
    "I ransacked his drawers when he left me by myself at his place for the first time. That's how we did it in the good old days. Tells me all I need to know about him. He pretends he didn't notice. That's how good relationships start." - Chilly Willy

Hit By Ban Bus!

More photos are surfacing of “Kristen” (a.k.a. Ashley Alexandra Dupré), the woman who is at the centre of the sex scandal that forced disgraced Governor of New York Eliot Spitzer to resign.
    These MySpace snaps of the brown-haired prostitute show the softer, more human side of the woman who has managed to ruin the life of a braindead politician’s wife and her three children.
    CLICK HERE to check out her profile, leave a mean message for the whore and take a listen to the aspiring singer’s single, What We Want.
    Girlfriend oughta stick to smoking poles professional cuz something tels me the whole singing thing is not going to work out! Faded Youth Blog » Blog Archive » THE WOMAN WHO BROUGHT DOWN THE GOVERNOR

^ whatta douche!

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Political wives don't do that though. Whatever comes after, they play to the cameras.

How many pols have been caught with their pants down...some having gay sex.......the wives always are by the side.

I'm sure there is some ass kicking behind closed doors.

^^LynnieD
    I agree with your points as well. I'm old enough to know that we can never know what goes on in someone else's marriage.
    Oh hell, I can only say what *I'd* do in that situation, and there would certainly be no behind the scenes ass kicking. Dick severing, maybe.

I truly can not understand why any self-respecting woman would tolerate this kind of crap. Lost ALL respect for Hillary when she stood by that cheatin fool, Bill. In my mind, the whole 'stand by yer man' shit is a HUGE blow to feminism, period.

Of course, I've never been a proponent of feminism. In my world, you cheat, you'd better damn well hope there isn't a knife around because I'm gonna go Lorena Bobbitt on your dick. And toss that shit out the window as I squeal with glee.

I know what you're thinking... damn, that Tkdgirl bitch is harsh. But there are two things I could never, NEVER tolerate in a marriage... hitting and cheating. You do one of those things, and damn it, you'd better pray I'm not PMSing because a normal tkdgirl would be bad enough.

Testify.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information