Page 9 of 63 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast
Like Tree3864Likes

Thread: Election Results 2016

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by ConstanceSpry View Post
    This is not forever, just for 4 years. But there is still hope, maybe someone will eliminate him (and his VP) before he is sworn in.
    I don't allow myself to say or think this.

Anyway, this is a triumph of ignorance and bigotry. I've said many times that it is in the GOP's best interests to perpetuate a population of white Americans that are poorly educated, disadvantaged, and in poor health so that - ironically, given the typical Republican script re: people of color - these people will be angry, confused, and dependent and willing to have their GOP leaders think for them.

They created this pool of angry, uninformed voters to perpetuate their own power, and now we are all going to have to reap what they have sown. Fuck them.

And we'll have to live with the consequences of the Dem leadership's bad choices as well. I would say that it serves them right, but we're the ones who'll have to pay the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    See, I get so angry about that moving to Canada stuff. Why the fuck should we sane people move to Canada or elsewhere? This is OUR country, goddammit! Just because more stupid, misguided, hateful people voted doesn't mean we should cave to them. It's depressing, but the most effective protest is not to leave, but to make it better. Speak up and do something when fucked up shit happens, educate people instead of looking away and hoping they figure it out. Look what happens when you don't. I want to go work for Planned Parenthood in protest.
    I know, but it frightens me. My SO is an immigrant from a muslim country. That scares me to death. No gun control, women's rights upended, the scary Trump supporters, Gingrich, Guiliani, the Supreme Court, the anti-gay rights VP. I just feel like it's going to be too much to overcome.

Quote Originally Posted by aabbcc View Post
    You have to be a permanent resident and have lived here for at least six years. It also takes time to become a permanent resident. My spouse is American. We have been married for almost two and a half years and we still live in different countries.
    I'm wondering because my dad is Canadian.

Quote Originally Posted by Seth82 View Post
    holding out hope against hope she wins.

we can kiss LGBT rights goodbye if Trump becomes president. His own vice president is a supporter of conversion therapy.
    Makes me so sad. The VP is worse than Trump.

I was watching a Spanish language channel, and a reporter was speaking to a Hispanic female supporter of Donald Trump when they announced that he won Florida and pulled ahead in the electoral vote count. She literally started jumping for joy at the announcement. They asked her something about about Trump's comments about women, and she responded by saying that what he said in his private life didn't matter given all that he's done for his female employees to support them. I literally shouted out "Pinche vieja ignorante!(Stupid ignorant bitch!") at the T.V.
    Beeyotch, Kittylady and panic like this.

Right, FLORIDA is the only state that trump won. Maybe if other states didn't vote for him then it wouldn't be up to FL.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    Right, FLORIDA is the only state that trump won. Maybe if other states didn't vote for him then it wouldn't be up to FL.
    I know. Just hated seeing it.

Shit, he's only 26 away...

Quote Originally Posted by BBDSP View Post
    I don't allow myself to say or think this.

Anyway, this is a triumph of ignorance and bigotry. I've said many times that it is in the GOP's best interests to perpetuate a population of white Americans that are poorly educated, disadvantaged, and in poor health so that - ironically, given the typical Republican script re: people of color - these people will be angry, confused, and dependent and willing to have their GOP leaders think for them.

They created this pool of angry, uninformed voters to perpetuate their own power, and now we are all going to have to reap what they have sown. Fuck them.

And we'll have to live with the consequences of the Dem leadership's bad choices as well. I would say that it serves them right, but we're the ones who'll have to pay the price.
    Not to mention a repub house and senate majority. If dems had won that, at least trump could be stifled at every opportunity. At this point, it will be smooth sailing for lots of fuckery for the next 4 years.
    C_is_for_Cookie and Mivvi21 like this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Quote Originally Posted by Brah View Post
    How hard is it to become a citizen of any country that's not the US? Literally, anywhere?
    You can try for Ireland or France if you have family there. I have one friend who got her Irish passport, not sure if that makes her a dual citizen, I think it does. She was born in the US to parents who were also born in the US. A large portion of my family (many, many cousins) who are not native to the US (the true native side is Cherokee-Chiricahua) live in France (I am a crazy mix), but my DH would need to learn French for it to be an option for us to move there, just to start. I lived and worked there in my younger years and did like it, but they have their own issues. I am very worried about how this will play out globally,not sure if I should withdraw our savings tomorrow, truly.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    I'm wondering because my dad is Canadian.
    I'm not sure how it works with a relative, but I think if you were born in the US, you would still have to apply for residency in order to stay in Canada for the time requirement. I could be wrong, though.

Quote Originally Posted by ConstanceSpry View Post
    Not to mention a repub house and senate majority. If dems had won that, at least trump could be stifled at every opportunity. At this point, it will be smooth sailing for lots of fuckery for the next 4 years.
    Given that it seemed like a lot of Republicans were also against Trump, how "easy" of a time will he truly have to make the changes he keeps saying he will? It's not like he can just go in and decide on his own to make major legislative changes without Congressional approval right? I'm hoping the Republican Congress will rebel against him...
    panic likes this.

Honestly, there's only so much you can say to these people. I've tried to educate, but you can't educate a piece of putty, or a dull rock. They're not interested in learning, or being educated. They reject education, they reject knowledge. Trump & his supporters celebrate ignorance, and it's terrifying and disgusting, and I want out.
    Yeah I know, I'm not talking about those people. But anyone who is still learning and impressionable. Young people, I guess. This is just tragic.

Anyone who voted third party deserves to choke on their own vomit. Especially states where more than 3-4% of people voted "other" and Trump is projected to win by a narrow margin.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

^Several of my coworkers voted third-party, and I don't know if I'll be able to hide my anger tomorrow. I may say something, and I'll likely not care.

Quote Originally Posted by MmeVertigina View Post
    You can try for Ireland or France if you have family there. I have one friend who got her Irish passport, not sure if that makes her a dual citizen, I think it does. She was born in the US to parents who were also born in the US. A large portion of my family (many, many cousins) who are not native to the US (the true native side is Cherokee-Chiricahua) live in France (I am a crazy mix), but my DH would need to learn French for it to be an option for us to move there, just to start. I lived and worked there in my younger years and did like it, but they have their own issues. I am very worried about how this will play out globally,not sure if I should withdraw our savings tomorrow, truly.
    I have an aunt with a dual citizenship with Ireland. I truly will have to look into this, although idk how much I'd like to live in a country that is still so influenced by the church. But fuck, who cares. I honestly can't even breathe.

I have an aunt with a dual citizenship with Ireland. I truly will have to look into this, although idk how much I'd like to live in a country that is still so influenced by the church. But fuck, who cares. I honestly can't even breathe.
    I understand, it's disgusting. I think we need to take a deep look at what we are doing wrong as a society that people even think Trump as president should be an option. Generations of people think this is alright, what the fuck. It's embarrassing. Good luck with your citizenship quest!

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Moongirl View Post
    Shit, he's only 26 away...
    Is there ANY path to 270 for Hillary left? I'm looking at the maps and I just can't see it.

Page 9 of 63 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

Thread Information