Page 59 of 63 FirstFirst ... 949555657585960616263 LastLast
Like Tree3864Likes

Thread: Election Results 2016

^^^ And the lawyers walked away with a big chunk of the 25. Justice is served!

Quote Originally Posted by joebob View Post
    Sadly, many of the people that want to do away with the EC want it gone so that the voices they do not want to hear, I.E rural vote, won't have a say at all. To them, it's simply not fair, because they know the election will go one way, every time if we did a popular vote.

Also, I think the people that feed a hell of a lot of this country deserve to have their voices heard. Yet some want it taken fully away, because it hurts their feelings.
    Well if this election is proof of anything, it's that lots of non-rural voters can be swayed. If a candidate from either side is moderate enough to attract a whole other subset of voters, it should be fair game for all.

And I'd say, since we're generalizing here, the people who create and advance the technological advancements we've seen in the last 20 plus years are pretty damn tired of the people "who grow our food" having a disproportionate advantage in the elections. The world isn't an aw-shucks, go to church every Sunday, plow your fields, read the Bible or ya'll are damned to fire and brimstone iffen ya dont follow baby Jesus, kinda place anymore. It's much more diverse ethnically, religiously, sexually, etc. than the people who grow our food are comfortable with.

As a non-rural, non food grower, it's like banging my head against a wall to try and even have a basic discussion about actual facts and why just because someone may be thumping the Bible, doesn't mean they're actually good for your life and well being.
    Mivvi21, HWBL, stella blue and 6 others like this.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

the people "who grow our food"
    Eh. Our food is grown by giant multinationals.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

OCD

Quote Originally Posted by joebob View Post
    Sadly, many of the people that want to do away with the EC want it gone so that the voices they do not want to hear, I.E rural vote, won't have a say at all. To them, it's simply not fair, because they know the election will go one way, every time if we did a popular vote.

Also, I think the people that feed a hell of a lot of this country deserve to have their voices heard. Yet some want it taken fully away, because it hurts their feelings.
    The people that feed this country? You do realize these folks aren't mom and pop farmers anymore, but by all means big ag's vote should count for more than my blue city vote. I've thought the electoral college was stupid since 1996- the first year I could vote. Large swaths of statistically uneducated, poor, welfare sucking states should not get weighted votes. Sorry. We aren't living in the old days when you could count on manufacturing jobs. They will never come back. I do love the way Trump voters are getting played though. Just think how pissed they'll be in 4 years when their Medicaid is gone, and every other safety net and none of those awesome jobs they got promised materialize. But captain douchewaffle and his sheet wearing cabinet members will be flush.

MONSANTO, anyone?
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

... and harvested by migrant labour.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    “Real Americans” vs. “Coastal Elites”: What right-wing sneers at city dwellers really mean

Red state voters don't hate the actual elites — just ask the Trump family! It's the intellectual mind they loathe
    Thank you for this! Wow, I needed to read this today.

Source: Occupy Democrats

Trump’s Team Just Accidentally Revealed “Extreme” Anti-Immigrant Plans In Photo Mishap

Republicans made information security a central theme of the election, smearing Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton for her use of a private email server and for an FBI inquiry that ultimately cleared her of all wrongdoing. So when a potential Trump cabinet pick gets photographed openly holding sensitive documents, it’s appropriate to wonder where the outrage is.
    Kansas Secretary of State and avowed Islamophobe Kris Kobach is being considered to lead the Department of Homeland Security, but failed to put his plans for said agency in a folder, or have a cover sheet, or anything at all to prevent the public from zooming into them:

LIKE THIS:

The documents appear to contain Kobach’s heinous anti-Muslim plans, including expanding the NSEERS (National Security Entry-Exit Registration System) program and reducing the intake of refugees fleeing the mass slaughter of Syrian civilians to zero. Those are his literal first priorities.
    Kobach created the NSEERS program with John Ashcroft while serving under President Bush. It registered men from 25 predominantly Muslim nations, fingerprinting and questioning them. The program was ended in 2003 and succeeded in deporting 14,000 Muslims who overstayed visas but did not produce a single terrorism arrest and was considered an abject failure by the Bush Administration.
    “Even folks within the Bush administration we worked with at the time knew that it was a waste of time and a waste of resources. … It’s clearly profiling. It’s clearly singling out Arabs and Muslims. It’s a very problematic program,” said Abed Ayoub, legal director for the American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee.
    “From the accounts we received at the time, it was simply a massive bureaucracy where people would go into the office, be asked some questions and nothing came of it. And in the process, it caused an incredible amount of fear and also almost certainly it inhibited the efforts to gain actionable information from communities that we need to work with to actually combat important threats” said Raj Goyle, an ACLU lawyer.
    It appears that Kobach is still intent on using this program as a discriminatory tool to register and surveil Muslims as well as finding excuses to deport them. The plan itself is absolutely appalling; the way it was revealed to the public is just as disturbing. How can we trust this man to keep our country safe when he can’t even keep printed documents out of the public eye?

panic and nwgirl like this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

I saw that on Twitter & was wondering if it was a doctored photo ^. I guess not.

ETA #2 cracks me up! Just ask them...that's the right way to predict if someone has "fundamental" leanings, just ask them. Giggles aside, overall this is terrifying. Did his entire cabinet forget that domestic terrorism exists? I am boggled by the stupidity of these men.
    panic and C_is_for_Cookie like this.

JFC. It's worse than a SNL parody. Just flash secure documents in front of cameras for the WORLD to see. Dipshits.

Papers on the outside of the folder for the photo op is not a 'mishap.' That shit's deliberate.

News
    Trump supporters’ neo-Nazi party in DC just backfired in the most beautiful way possible

Nathan Wellman | November 21, 2016

FacebookTwitter

A restaurant in Washington DC has apologized to its customers after unwittingly hosting a Nazi-celebrating alt-right gathering last weekend, turning the tables on the racist group by donating the night’s proceeds to a Jewish charity.
    The National Policy Institute is a white nationalist think tank that describes itself as “an independent organization dedicated to the heritage, identity, and future of people of European descent in the United States, and around the world.” Though based in Virginia, they were in Washington to attend a conference that included such agendas as “Trump and the New White Voter,” “America and the Jewish Consciousness,” and “The Future of the Alt-Right.”
    “An awakening among everyone has occurred with this Trump election,” said Richard Spencer, president of NPI, in his opening remarks. “We’re not quite the establishment now, but I think we should start acting like it.”
    Local Italian restaurant Maggiano’s posted on their Facebook that the alt-right group reserved space under a different name, and that the restaurant was “not aware that NPI was dining with us or what the group represents. “
    Maggiano’s became aware of NPI’s true identity after protesters forced them to close their restaurant early in response to a tweet from Trump-supporting reality show star Tila Tequila, in which she can be seen in a picture at Maggiano’s performing the Nazi salute with the caption “Sieg heil!”

“This expression of support of Hitler is extremely offensive to us, as our restaurant is home to Teammates and Guests of every race, religion and cultural background,” Maggiano’s wrote in a Facebook post.
    “We want to sincerely apologize to the community of Friendship Heights for inadvertently hosting this meeting, which resulted in hateful sentiment. We want you to know that at the suggestion of one of our Guests, we are donating the profits from our restaurant sales on Friday, $10,000, to the DC office of the Anti-Defamation League, which for decades has been working to bring people together in peace and understanding.”
    The Anti-Defamation League was founded in 1913 “to stop the defamation of the Jewish people and to secure justice and fair treatment to all.”
    “We welcome the President-elect’s pledge to be a president for all Americans,” the ADL said in response to the recent election. “This is a time to heal the wounds of this political season. At the same time you can count on ADL to be relentless in the fight against anti-Semitism, racism and bigotry and in the defense of civil liberties. In just the past few days, we have seen an uptick in hate crimes directed against Jews and other minorities. It’s a reminder that ADL matters now more than ever.”
    The full post from Maggiano’s can be found below. You can donate to the ADL’s fight against bigotry here.
    Last edited by HWBL; November 21st, 2016 at 06:05 PM.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

I've heard that nothing will radicalize people faster than things being done to them that they see as injustice. What team Dipshit is doing is gross injustice and yeah..

Not my president, will never be my president.
    Mivvi21, nwgirl, gas_chick and 3 others like this.

Tila Tequila is such an idiot. They're WHITE SUPREMACISTS and hate non-whites of all races, and you're ASIAN, you moron! The mental gymnastics any non-white person has to do to think they're one of them is astounding.

This is where you would hope that maybe the Electoral College will do the right thing. They are not all required to vote for this guy. Everything about Trump and the alt-right movement is SO freaking scary to me. "Hail Trump" Are we serious right now?

Thread Information