Page 55 of 63 FirstFirst ... 545515253545556575859 ... LastLast
Like Tree3864Likes

Thread: Election Results 2016

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmeringGlow View Post
    Mike Pence is going to be the most powerful VP ever. He's going to be the one paying attention in cabinet meetings and briefings. Trump is going to be in NYC tweeting.
    And we thought Dick Cheney had a lot of power..

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    He looks like he smells bad.
    He really does. Like a dirty, unwashed head that just rolled out of bed with the funky breath and all. Nasty.

You know he wears crocs and has thick, dirty toenails.

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmeringGlow View Post
    Mike Pence is going to be the most powerful VP ever. He's going to be the one paying attention in cabinet meetings and briefings. Trump is going to be in NYC tweeting.
    He's going to be calling the shots the way Cheney did.

My favorite thing this weekend are the morons with the #trumpcups. Something tells me that these Fox news folks are new to the whole protesting thing. Hmm, lets see, lets show Starbuck that we are protesting them by purchasing Starbucks. Oh, and we'll tell them that our name is Trump to really stick it to 'em!

FFS, these are the people that vote. Dumb ass mother fuckers.

Oh, and #boycottHamilton! Another brilliant idea. Boycott a Broadway show that's sold out. Good for me. When we hit NYC this winter, I'll be able to get a tickets for a reasonable price.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    He really does. Like a dirty, unwashed head that just rolled out of bed with the funky breath and all. Nasty.

You know he wears crocs and has thick, dirty toenails.

He's going to be calling the shots the way Cheney did.

My favorite thing this weekend are the morons with the #trumpcups. Something tells me that these Fox news folks are new to the whole protesting thing. Hmm, lets see, lets show Starbuck that we are protesting them by purchasing Starbucks. Oh, and we'll tell them that our name is Trump to really stick it to 'em!

FFS, these are the people that vote. Dumb ass mother fuckers.

Oh, and #boycottHamilton! Another brilliant idea. Boycott a Broadway show that's sold out. Good for me. When we hit NYC this winter, I'll be able to get a tickets for a reasonable price.
    Hamilton is sold out 2 years in advance. Trump is throwing a Twitter fit and Pence is saying that he wasn't offended and that he and his family enjoyed the show. A glimpse into how it's going to be for the next 4 years. Pence is going to play the grown up while Trump whines in the schoolyard about how everyone is being mean to him.

Curious to know which owners holder gave their tickets to the Pence klan to see the sold out for 2 years show. Being influenced before even officially taking power.

Its been rumored for some time that Barron is autistic. this may be why they don't want to upset his routine. if its true, and they have been hiding it then bringing him to DC would likely make it unable to be kept quiet.
    Kittylady likes this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I wouldn't fault them for that. But I still don't really believe the orange one spends any time with him anyway.
    czb likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Its been rumored for some time that Barron is autistic. this may be why they don't want to upset his routine. if its true, and they have been hiding it then bringing him to DC would likely make it unable to be kept quiet.
    I just read article about how Barron doesn't have a nanny and that Melania is completely hands on when it comes to her kid. Ivanka is going to be the First Lady while running Daddy's business. Conflict of interest waiting to happen. Her presence in the White House won't be questioned.
    Kittylady likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    I wouldn't fault them for that. But I still don't really believe the orange one spends any time with him anyway.
    Yeah, i don't think he spent time with the older ones when they were kids either. People like him are too self involved to be able to deal with chikdren, they're children themselves.
    Kittylady and ManxMouse like this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Trump can now loot millions of dollars from the Secret Service with no disclosure

It’s thanks to the plane, oddly.

Updated by Matthew Yglesias@mattyglesiasmatt@vox.com Nov 16, 2016, 9:00am EST

Photo by Chip Somodevilla/Getty ImagesWhen he’s president, Donald Trump will fly on Air Force One. Which means the Boeing 757 that Trump owns through a holding company will be free for use by Ivanka, Melania, Eric, Donald Jr., or whomever else. And if Trump requests Secret Service protection for those people, he will probably get it. And when Secret Service agents fly alongside a protectee, they use their budget to pay airfare. Which in the case of a flight on the Trump jet would mean paying Trump for the seats on his plane.

In other words, by asking for Secret Service protection for family members who fly on his plane, Donald Trump can directly funnel taxpayer money into his own pocket.

Justin Bachman at Bloomberg has the story:
    For any of the Trump or Pence clans assigned a protective detail due to safety risks— and the rancor of the 2016 vote could well produce many — Secret Service travel on a Trump-owned plane means the agency would need to reimburse the aircraft’s owner. In this case, the president.

“So then you have government money going into the pockets of the president and his children,” said Brett Kappel, a lawyer who specializes in political finance and ethics at Akerman LLP. The Trump transition team did not respond to email requests seeking comment. The Trump family has also hired private security guards, although it is unclear how Trump’s election will affect the extent of private security used. The Secret Service has assumed full authority for protecting the president-elect and vice-president elect, including a new no-fly zone the Federal Aviation Administration has established until Jan. 21 over Trump’s Manhattan residence.

Now, you might be saying to yourself that this is ridiculous and no public official would be so reckless with his political standing as to loot the Treasury in this manner.

But this is exactly what Trump did during the campaign, billing the federal government $1.6 million for granting Secret Service agents the right to fly on his plane.* The reason we know that is because it was a political campaign, so all the financial details were filed with the Federal Election Commission. With the campaign over, however, the plane just becomes part of Trump’s opaque web of privately held companies, so the amount of money he is funneling from the federal government into his pocket won’t be disclosed on that end.

And as Bachman explains, “Security travel costs for an elected official, visiting dignitary or other protectee are part of [the Secret Service’s] normal operating budget and not subject to disclosure.”

So Trump personally pocketed $1.6 million in taxpayer cash in plain sight in the middle of a hotly contested presidential campaign. And not only did he win the election, he won the election by painting his opponent as corrupt. Now he will have the opportunity to rake in an unknown sum of additional money through the exact same route with no disclosure whatsoever.

What’s your level of confidence that he’ll decide not to bother doing it?

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politi...secret-service

Last edited by ShimmeringGlow; November 20th, 2016 at 02:13 PM.

Yes, you read it here first: Trump "sacrificed" himself for the needs of the nation (per his lawyer).
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

So CNN seems to be working overtime having on Trump surrogates & "Republican strategists" to tell us how Steve Bannon is really a good, honorable and decent man. Jeff Sessions is not a racist, he has actually done a lot for supporting civil rights.

JFC, don't appoint actual good and decent people who want to be of service for the people, appoint self-serving racist scumbags then try to change the people's perception of them. This is going to be a long 4 years.

We're fucked. I'm sure I've said this before. We're fucked. I'll probably say it a few more times. We're fucked.

I hate how this makes me sound, but with any luck at all, someone will pick him off. I cannot imagine going through 4 years of THIS.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by MsDark View Post
    The process is flawed. It clearly does not work. It's not what the majority of people wanted. Even the majority who held their nose and "voted" for Trump. It can be legally bypassed. Or changed altogether.

Why is this so difficult to understand?
    You would be saying none of this if it happened the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    We're fucked. I'm sure I've said this before. We're fucked. I'll probably say it a few more times. We're fucked.

I hate how this makes me sound, but with any luck at all, someone will pick him off. I cannot imagine going through 4 years of THIS.
    Him AND pence.
    Brookie, HWBL, Kittylady and 1 others like this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Quote Originally Posted by joebob View Post
    You would be saying none of this if it happened the other way around.
    That's a moot point, because it would never happen the other way around. The EC gives preference to rural states and those always go conservative. The "winner take all" piece of it is the problem - if we're going to stick with the EC (and I don't think it's 100% terrible, because people in a few big cities shouldn't get to dictate to the rest of the country how to live) electoral votes need to be proportional to the popular vote counts in that state. Everyone in the entire state of Wyoming could move to California, and Wyoming isn't going to have any fewer electoral votes. That just doesn't make any sense.

Thread Information