Page 52 of 63 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast
Like Tree3864Likes

Thread: Election Results 2016

I don't see how the electoral college changing their votes is any more radical than electing a president who has raped, had 200+ settlements from lawsuits, been sued for racial discrimination, denies climate change, called for women to be put in jail for abortions, has white supremacists in his team, mocked the disabled, sexual assaulted women, lied in the debates, idolized hitler by reading his speeches every night, etc etc etc.

Especially when it means actually recognizing the popular vote, which was Hillary. How is pushing out a man who has already been called and congratulated by Putin, and putting in the woman that the American people actually voted for, a crazy or chaotic idea?

To me, it's fucking sane. And I'm praying for it every day.

Quote Originally Posted by joebob View Post
    If the election were somehow overturned and Hillary was given it, this country would be put under martial law before she ever got into power.

Sorry, I mean no offense by this. But Trump is going to be the president on January 20th. He won fair and square under the laws of this country. I do not like him. But I do not support overthrowing the election.
    I sure as fuck do. Nothing Trump did was fair or square. This election was hacked beyond belief. I'm rooting for the EC to vote the right person in, and I have no idea if they will or not. I hate that fucker and if I can do something to prevent him from taking office, I sure as fuck will.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by joebob View Post
    Once he got to 270, anything after that means very little. It's just something to complain about. That is how it works.
    Again, not 100% true. The electors haven't voted yet. We have 1 more month to see what he does and then they vote. Who knows what will happen. Yes, he got to 270, everyone agrees on that point. The point is, Donald Trump as President of the US should terrify people.

And really, Conservatives have bitched, complained, and obstructed for 8 years. I think we're entitled to 10 days.
    Brookie, Mivvi21, Brah and 7 others like this.

Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

New theory: Trump still doesn't actually want the job, and with the electoral college win, he's got some cover. Nominate the giantest assholes you can think of to every position of power, then cross your fingers that the electors vote for Hillary instead because a) she won the popular vote and b) Trump looks like a blooming idiot. Off the hook, but can pretend it was a win. Hello TrumpNews starring Sean Hannity!

^I like it, I'll indulge the fantasy. Well the part about him not really wanting the job I think is true. He just wanted to win, something different altogether.
    czb, Trixie, HWBL and 3 others like this.

A*O

I'm sure he's just as shocked at his win as his vociferous opponents. I think his original intention was to stir things up a bit, not actually become POTUS and things just assumed their own momentum as he tapped into a much larger pool of voters than he realised existed, ending with this extraordinary result. Unlike most (all?) of his predecessors he hasn't been preparing for the top job since high school and suddenly he's done it. The terrifying reality probably hasn't sunk in yet but his ego will help him bluff it out. As for Melania, she must be totally overwhelmed. I think Ivanka will step in as First Lady. His douchebag sons will become truly monstrous.

Note and for the record: I am not a Trump groupie, far from it. He's a deeply flawed character wholly unsuited to the power and responsibility of POTUS. But so is Hillary.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

I'm hoping the discrepancies between the exit polls and the votes will spur an audit. This link has some really good info. Apparently any disparity over the margin of error is indication of fraud. I have hope that this gains traction before the EC vote.

Exit Polls versus Reported Vote Counts. 2016 Presidential Primaries – TDMS|RESEARCH
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

Also, you can call the House Oversight Committee at 202-225-5074 and voice your support for an investigation into Trump's financials and conflicts of interest. Not that Chaffetz has any desire to investigate anything but Hillary's emails mind you, but you can at least get a score on the side of people requesting it.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    I agree about perspectives, and i think its important to try to see other's.

But Pie isn't a pundit, he's a satirical character played by a comedian named Tom Walker. it seems that quite a few American media outlets didn’t know that, and think he is a left leaning reporter. That the video went viral after being promoted by these websites as 'real' has become it's own story in the past few days.

It doesn't mean its not worth listening to him as there are often truths in jokes, but people do need to know who and what they are watching.
    Thanks WCG. I appreciate the background as this was my first introduction to him. As you say, there are many truths in what he said. Thanks for the response.

czb

bella!
    Bellatheball likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by nwgirl View Post
    Also, you can call the House Oversight Committee at 202-225-5074 and voice your support for an investigation into Trump's financials and conflicts of interest. Not that Chaffetz has any desire to investigate anything but Hillary's emails mind you, but you can at least get a score on the side of people requesting it.
    I have no more free articles for the month so I can't read this, but the title had to do with the phone lines being jammed from all of the calls! https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...7613&tid=ss_tw
    panic likes this.

I have free articles so here is the WaPo post

Congressional phones jammed by calls for Trump conflict-of-interest investigation

By Elise Viebeck November 18 at 3:42 PM

President-elect Donald Trump. (Brian Snyder/Reuters)

If you’re trying to call the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, you might find yourself on hold for … the afternoon.

The committee’s phones became jammed most of Friday after several Facebook posts calling for an investigation into President-elect Donald Trump’s finances started to go viral. The messages urged readers to call the panel to “support the call for a bipartisan review of Trump’s financials and apparent conflicts of interest.”

[Why Donald Trump’s family being in the White House is problematic, explained]

Some mentioned the ethical questions surrounding Trump’s daughter and son-in-law’s choice to join his private meeting Thursday night at Trump Tower with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe.

“This is a state meeting and they had no security clearance … and she is supposed to be running his businesses during his presidential term,” stated one post, referring to Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump. “Can you spell yyyuuuge conflict of interest?”

The Daily 202 newsletter

A must-read morning briefing for decision-makers.

The Abe meeting was Trump’s first in-person conversation with a foreign leader since he won the election last week. “It was a pleasure to have Prime Minister Shinzo Abe stop by my home and begin a great friendship,” Trump posted on Instagram with a photo.

The presence of Kushner and Ivanka Trump was not the only controversy to spring from the sit-down. The president-elect did not give reporters — including photo journalists — access to the meeting, a break with protocol. That’s why you are not seeing many videos or images from Abe’s visit at major news outlets.

Over on Capitol Hill, an oversight panel aide said staff members are answering calls as fast as they can, but that the system is “backed up.” That’s true — we tested it ourselves. As of 3:30 p.m., calls were going through to voice mail after a message stating the line is “not available.”

Thanks to the concerned Washington Post readers who called and emailed with the tip.

Ed O’Keefe contributed to this report.

Source:https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...7613&tid=ss_tw
    MmeVertigina, Kittylady and panic like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Annie B View Post
    45: The Transition

Congressional phones jammed by calls for Trump conflict-of-interest investigation

The Abe meeting was Trump’s first in-person conversation with a foreign leader since he won the election last week. “It was a pleasure to have Prime Minister Shinzo Abe stop by my home and begin a great friendship,” Trump posted on Instagram with a photo.
    The presence of Kushner and Ivanka Trump was not the only controversy to spring from the sit-down. The president-elect did not give reporters — including photo journalists — access to the meeting, a break with protocol. That’s why you are not seeing many videos or images from Abe’s visit at major news outlets.
    Over on Capitol Hill, an oversight panel aide said staff members are answering calls as fast as they can, but that the system is “backed up.” That’s true — we tested it ourselves. As of 3:30 p.m., calls were going through to voice mail after a message stating the line is “not available.”
    Thanks to the concerned Washington Post readers who called and emailed with the tip.
    Ed O’Keefe contributed to this report.
    This is scary. Do not forget Ivanka and Wendy Murdoch are BFF. And Wendy is rumoured to be Putin's Girlfriend. This is beyond conflict of interest. This is dangerous for the country.

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    Like I said: America under Trump is like Hitler's Third Reich.
    I couldn't agree more and Like I said: Bannon is his Himmler. This is so so scary. How many illegal things/ conflict of interest/scary things has he done since being elected?

What is clear from this election is that angry people who feel disenfranchised will cut their noses off to spite their faces, and we all suffer the consequences. I guess the message is more important than the competent execution of governing.
    Burt Johnson: I don't drink because drinking affects your decision-making.
    Arthur: You may be right. I can't decide.

Thread Information