Page 51 of 63 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
Like Tree3864Likes

Thread: Election Results 2016

I've posted the petition to my FB page and e-mailed several people on my email contact list. It's something at least...
    gas_chick, panic and Brookie like this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet! Anonymous Introvert

I don't. But, wouldn't it be amazing if these electors looked at the crap Trump has been doing in the 10 days since he won and decided it wasn't for the good of the country.

Another really annoying thing that goes along with the electoral college as making me feel disenfranchised as a voter, my state's primary is at the very end of the primary cycle so I don't ever have a say in who is chosen as the party nominee because all that is settled before it even lands here and it's really annoying!

I was reading where it went from Iowa, NH, Nevada, S.C., Alabama, Kansas, etc. states which don't have the most liberal voting records but if they had added NJ, Washington, California, in the early rounds, maybe just maybe, Trump's momentum could have been stopped with more reasonable Republican voters and states which allow Democrat voters to vote in Republican primaries.
    LastLook likes this.

Elite Member

If the election were somehow overturned and Hillary was given it, this country would be put under martial law before she ever got into power.

Sorry, I mean no offense by this. But Trump is going to be the president on January 20th. He won fair and square under the laws of this country. I do not like him. But I do not support overthrowing the election.

Quote Originally Posted by joebob View Post
    If the election were somehow overturned and Hillary was given it, this country would be put under martial law before she ever got into power.

Sorry, I mean no offense by this. But Trump is going to be the president on January 20th. He won fair and square under the laws of this country. I do not like him. But I do not support overthrowing the election.
    If it's within the law, it is not overthrowing, just another part of the rules of democracy. It's not a coup. (Sadly, I don't think it will happen anyway, but a person needs to hope there are still some sane, non racist, non mysoginist, intelligent people around in the US, or we might as well burn down the entire nation. And that would be illegal, but also almost inevitable, since Trump - especially with the few choices he's made for government posts - apparently is hell bent on destroying civilization as we know it. His third reich is taking shape.).
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Oh, I fully expect him to be elected. I'm not kidding myself there. But, technically he hasn't won until the electoral college votes on December 19th. I think about 1/2 the states require their electors to vote the way the state voted. But the other 1/2 of electors are basically "free agents" and can (and have) go rogue if they choose. What those electors could do would be to write in any other name, not necessarily Clinton. If Trump didn't secure 270 electors the vote would go to the House of Reps to choose the new President.

Do I think that will happen? No way. It would be chaos on a level no one has seen.
    panic, czb and Beeyotch like this.

Trump is appointing white supremists to key positions and giving classified information to members of his family. Trump is going to be in charge of agencies who have ongoing investigations into his businesses. Not to mention he's got zero credibility with any major world leader. I'm not sure martial law would be any worse.
    HWBL, dolem, MmeVertigina and 6 others like this.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    If it's within the law, it is not overthrowing, just another part of the rules of democracy. It's not a coup. (Sadly, I don't think it will happen anyway, but a person needs to hope there are still some sane, non racist, non mysoginist, intelligent people around in the US, or we might as well burn down the entire nation. And that would be illegal, but also almost inevitable, since Trump - especially with the few choices he's made for government posts - apparently is hell bent on destroying civilization as we know it. His third reich is taking shape.).
    Try telling this to millions upon millions of people who feel that their voices were not being heard until November 8th. Then once they had their voices heard, another group of people that were upset about the result, tells them...."O, you got what you wanted? Nope. We didn't like it, so we did a 180 and changed the whole fucking thing because we were offended by it".

Do you not understand the ramifications of something like that?

This is America not Burger King. You can't just have it your way.

Try telling this to millions upon millions of people who feel that their voices were not being heard until November 8th. Then once they had their voices heard, another group of people that were upset about the result, tells them...."O, you got what you wanted? Nope. We didn't like it, so we did a 180 and changed the whole fucking thing because we were offended by it".

Do you not understand the ramifications of his political course as it will most probably be, considering who he has already named for certain positions? Like I said: America under Trump is like Hitler's Third Reich. I guess you don't mind if (ethnic, gender, socio-economic) portions of the US population that you don't belong to get disadvantaged (at best) by their own government? He is a dictator who is handpicking rightwing, racist, mysogenist, gay-hating, bible thumping extremists to fill cabinet seats and THAT doesn't bother you? Also: the group that voted against him is still bigger than the group that voted for him. The most recent count has Hillary at 63,045,266 votes to Trump’s 61,607,950.

***** celeb

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    Do you not understand the ramifications of his political course as it will most probably be, considering who he has already named for certain positions? Like I said: America under Trump is like Hitler's Third Reich. I guess you don't mind if (ethnic, gender, socio-economic) portions of the US population that you don't belong to get disadvantaged (at best) by their own government? He is a dictator who is handpicking rightwing, racist, mysogenist, gay-hating, bible thumping extremists to fill cabinet seats and THAT doesn't bother you?
    Stop with the hyperbole. This is nothing like Hitler. Him being elected is nothing like groups of people picking up guns in protest. Nothing like it.

What about the million + people MORE who voted for Clinton? I think that's what a lot of people take issue with. It's not anywhere near as close of a race as the 2000 election was. She has over 1 million more votes than Trump. That's massive.

I very much understand that people don't love Hillary. I get that people wanted to throw a brick at the establishment. Or, that people are sick and tired of political dynasty families.

But, you have to look at the ramifications of a president like Trump is lining up to be. He's appointing people to his top jobs that are climate change deniers and known racists ( Bannon and Sessions). He wants a registry of Muslims. That right there makes me sick and all I can think of is registering Jews in the 30's and 40's. Does America really want to hark back to those days? His top cabinet picks are shocking and horrifying.

At least under Obama (and even GW Bush to an extent) you didn't have to worry about registering on a religious list. You didn't have to worry that your rights as a woman might be taken away. You didn't have to worry that your President would get pissy at someone and start a nuclear war.

At this point I'd rather Ted Cruz was the winner because at the very least he understand the power structure in our country. He understand the Constitution and would work within its' confines. Trump doesn't, he's vastly unqualified. I don't even want it "my way". I want it, "not Trump", anyone else.

You will get your way and I hope you enjoy it.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by dolem View Post
    What about the million + people MORE who voted for Clinton? I think that's what a lot of people take issue with. It's not anywhere near as close of a race as the 2000 election was. She has over 1 million more votes than Trump. That's massive.
    Once he got to 270, anything after that means very little. It's just something to complain about. That is how it works.
    Bluebonnet likes this.

Thanks for the explanation of how the process works. Enjoy the shitstorm to follow.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Stop with the hyperbole. This is nothing like Hitler. Him being elected is nothing like groups of people picking up guns in protest. Nothing like it.
    You're right, it's not. It's worse. At the beginning of his reign, Hitler only singled out 1 particular group (later in the concentration camps he included gays, gypsies, the mentally retarded/ill, etc.), so Trump is ahead of him there. Will he put them into concentration camps? No, not necessary. His political agenda will exclude them from any chance of having a normal, decent, life, just like his rules excluded blacks from renting apartments in his buildings back in the 1970's.

***** celeb

Thread Information