Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
Like Tree3864Likes

Thread: Election Results 2016

I just voted and I have never seen so many people at the polls. It was crazy, we were lined up on the street. I have also never been slightly nervous. I hate to be elitist (sorry not sorry) but there were some serious knuckle draggers come down to vote. I swear one guy, in his cammos and boots, was carrying a side arm. WTF you armed for asshole? Going to shoot your fellow voters? The senior citizens telling us what line to stand in? This country has lost its collective mind.
    Kittylady and C_is_for_Cookie like this.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Keith Urban has been in the US at least 20 years, I'm not surprised he got his citizenship.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Esther Diamond, born before women had right to vote: 'You can’t throw away an opportunity to be listened to'

Arwa Mahdawi

Esther Diamond doesn’t like people who don’t vote. “Voting is a privilege,” she reminds me, as we sit in her apartment in Queens, New York. “People have died for it. You can’t throw away an opportunity to be listened to.”

Esther Diamond Photograph: Arwa Mahdawi for the GuardianDiamond knows what that feels like. She was born in January 1920, months before the final state ratified the 19th Amendment, which granted women the right to vote. Now, the 96-year-old, who immigrated to America from Russia as a child, is looking forward to voting for a woman herself. “I’ve hoped for a long time that this day would come,” she says.
    Diamond is just one of many women born before the 19thAmendment profiled on the website iwaited96years.com: different women from different backgrounds sharing the same excitement about this historic moment. In a lifetime they’ve gone from being disenfranchised because of their sex to casting a vote for, potentially, the first female President of the United States.
    There’s Eugenia Perkins, 102, in North Carolina: “It is about time there was a woman President!”
    There’s Lung Hsin Wu, 98, in Oregon, by way of Beijing: “My vote means another step towards equity for women!”
    And there’s Diamond, who says: “Since as long as I can remember…I don’t want to be better than men. I want to be equal to them. You’re a second-class citizen if you’re not.”
    Women’s rights have progressed a lot in Diamond’s lifetime, but there’s still a way to go. “When you hear the difference in salaries between men and woman for the same job and the men get more than you do…” she shakes her head. “Maybe Hillary can help.”
    Diamond has been doing as much campaigning as she can for Clinton. When her assisted living facility had early voting a couple of weeks ago she got a placard of Hillary made up “sat 50 feet away from the voting booth” doing last minute electioneering.
    Diamond thinks the final result will be close. But whether Clinton wins or not, “she’s opened the door for future women to think about running and that’s important. I’m sure there will be others, maybe not in my lifetime. You just need one person to try the water. Maybe my great granddaughter will be President.”

George W. Bush didn't vote for Trump or Clinton

George W. Bush and Laura Bush did not vote for either major-party presidential nominee this year, a Bush spokesman said Tuesday.
    BY PATRICK SVITEKNOV. 8, 2016 3:59 PM

Former President George W. Bush hugs Laura Bush at the topping out ceremony for the George Bush Presidential Center at Southern Methodist University on October 3, 2011. Bob Daemmrich

George W. Bush and Laura Bush did not vote for either major-party presidential nominee this year, a spokesman for the former president said Tuesday.
    "They didn't vote for Hillary; they didn't vote for Trump," spokesman Freddy Ford wrote in an email to The Texas Tribune after radio host Rush Limbaugh suggested Tuesday that the Bushes had voted for Clinton. Ford did not say for whom they voted.
    Neither George W. Bush nor his father, fellow former President George H.W. Bush, endorsed their Republican Party's nominee, Donald Trump. But it has been an open question whether they would cast a ballot for Trump — or his Democratic rival, Hillary Clinton.
    Speculation flared in September that George H.W. Bush was planning to vote for Clinton. His spokesman neither confirmed nor denied reports at the time.

https://www.texastribune.org/2016/11...p-nor-clinton/

panic and Waterslide like this.

So far, the orange cheetoh is ahead by dozens of percentage points in New Hampshire, Kentucky and Indiana.
    If this trend continues, the UN is going to have to deal with a whole new stream of refugees: US citizens leaving the loony bin.
    MmeVertigina, Janus and panic like this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Kentucky and Indiana were always going to be red, though. They are every election, and have been for years and years.
    C_is_for_Cookie and Trixie like this.

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    So far, the orange cheetoh is ahead by dozens of percentage points in New Hampshire, Kentucky and Indiana.
    If this trend continues, the UN is going to have to deal with a whole new stream of refugees: US citizens leaving the loony bin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mivvi21 View Post
    Kentucky and Indiana were always going to be red, though. They are every election, and have been for years and years.
    ^ Seriously. Calm down please.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by Mivvi21 View Post
    True, but you can already see the panic on CNN. For the first time one of the presenters said we may have a president Trump; since some of their poll predictions were way off with the first results.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

It's so annoying how the media pretends there are only 2 candidates. I can't vote, but hubby and sons voted for Jill Stein.
    lurkur and greysfang like this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

I just wish people didn't use this particular election to make a stand on the 2-party system.

Elite Member

I feel sick.
    MmeVertigina and panic like this.
    Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum

The background music on CNN is making me crazy! Why can't they speak the results calmly? It's bad enough, no need for dramatic music.
    Janus likes this.

I saw one of the channels reporting that Gary Johnson got 1.8% of the vote somewhere, sorry but I didn't really think it was worth paying attention.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Damnit Florida! Get it together!

Really Florida. We aren't even playing this time.

eta: In my state, Hilary has a healthy lead.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread Information