Page 10 of 63 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast
Like Tree3864Likes

Thread: Election Results 2016

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Moongirl View Post
    Given that it seemed like a lot of Republicans were also against Trump, how "easy" of a time will he truly have to make the changes he keeps saying he will? It's not like he can just go in and decide on his own to make major legislative changes without Congressional approval right? I'm hoping the Republican Congress will rebel against him...
    Given what Trump has said or implied in the past about not really being that interested in doing the actual job of president, I'm sure the republicans in congress are expecting to run their own agenda.
    Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum

Thank god my mother died....this would have killed her.
    HWBL and panic like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    Anyone who voted third party deserves to choke on their own vomit. Especially states where more than 3-4% of people voted "other" and Trump is projected to win by a narrow margin.
    Why not blame the people who did not bother to go out and vote? They make up about 40% of registered or eligible voters.
    HWBL likes this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

I don't know, if they're dumb enough to not realize how important it was to vote, I'd be afraid they'd vote Trump anyway.
    panic likes this.

Good news elections results :-)

California will be legalizing recreational marijuana, chipping away at the failed, racist "drug war" that targets minorities, even offering people who were previously convicted a chance to overturn and expunge criminal records.

Any other good news?
    If being cunty is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    I don't know, if they're dumb enough to not realize how important it was to vote, I'd be afraid they'd vote Trump anyway.
    Not necessarily. There are plenty of people who sat this election out because the did not want to vote for any of the candidates.

No. No other good news at all. Whatever good has happened, just give trump and his supporters a chance to take it all away.

My problem with the third party vote or the protest vote is that it always seems to come at a time where every vote counts. Even for the people that sit out. Try and make an educated guess and go with the person you would most be able to live with, because someone is winning and it might as well be someone that lines up with most of your views.

California will be banning plastic bags, like those used in grocery stores and elsewhere, reducing trash on land and in the oceans -- hopefully we can slow the growth of the "Great" Pacific Garbage Patch, and maybe even eliminate it one day...
    MmeVertigina and panic like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ConstanceSpry View Post
    Why not blame the people who did not bother to go out and vote? They make up about 40% of registered or eligible voters.
    Because if you actually made the effort to go out and vote and did so for Johnson and Stein, you're worse than the people who don't vote at all. At least in swing states or states that trump won by a narrow margin. If your vote was guaranteed blue then it doesn't matter.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I'm sorry, I just don't get it. The talking head on CNN (idk some blonde woman in a white dress) is saying that the country wants its government back from the elite. Trump is the elite! What do they think he is, working class?

Quote Originally Posted by MmeVertigina View Post
    I'm sorry, I just don't get it. The talking head on CNN (idk some blonde woman in a white dress) is saying that the country wants its government back from the elite. Trump is the elite! What do they think he is, working class?
    Uh yeah, it's not like he got his start in business with a 'small million dollar loan from daddy' Oh wait...

California will be proposing an amendment to the U.S. Constitution to overturn the Citizens United ruling that granted corporations personhood regarding political contributions, hopefully spearheading a movement to establish people as people.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    No. No other good news at all. Whatever good has happened, just give trump and his supporters a chance to take it all away.

My problem with the third party vote or the protest vote is that it always seems to come at a time where every vote counts. Even for the people that sit out. Try and make an educated guess and go with the person you would most be able to live with, because someone is winning and it might as well be someone that lines up with most of your views.
    I did vote for the person im most able to live with. And its bullshit that thirdparty votes only happen when you deem most important, you just only notice them when the dems put up a shitty candidate.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I just woke up, it's 6:30 here.
    REALLY?
    Every democratic country has the president it deserves, but what has the world done to the people of he USA who just voted or not?

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    Because if you actually made the effort to go out and vote and did so for Johnson and Stein, you're worse than the people who don't vote at all. At least in swing states or states that trump won by a narrow margin. If your vote was guaranteed blue then it doesn't matter.
    I don't agree. IMO, the primary mistake was the DNC nominating Clinton instead of Sanders. Clinton is an establishment candidate and disliked by many. Trump beat her in every preliminary poll. Sanders was also a populist candidate, like trump, and won every single preliminary poll against trump by a wide margin. What it boils down to is a huge majority of disenfranchised, unhappy voters mobilizing because they were determined to sock it to establishment politics and their posterchild, Hilary Clinton. If the dems had picked a better candidate, things would look much different now.

Page 10 of 63 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Thread Information