Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Duh alert: Bush insider says Bush is just using Christians...

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    I was thinking about this very thing yesterday, for no reason. About how a politician automatically gains a huge following just by proclaiming him/herself to be Christian, and spouting a bunch of rhetoric. You could be Satan himself & just recite the words, and the sheep come a-running. I would dearly love to have a herd of them seated in an auditorium, and have this article read to them. I'd love to see the looks on their faces, and hear the ensuing sputtering.

It does warn in the bible that towards the end times people in power will be pretending to be righteous but will not be and that they'll mislead many while they are doing this. Starting to believe Bush is one of the 'false prophets' mentioned in the new testament.

I'm sitting back and waiting avidly, like you'd wait for something gory, such as a bus on fire filled with crooked televangelists going over a high cliff into a lagoon of rapacious crocodiles. It should be amusing to watch the spin, grieve and denial exhibited by most of the right winger fundies I know. Last night the Mr and I were watching the coverage on all the news channels and they stated that many of the major Xian leaders like James Dobson and others had started thinking that they were being used and have been much colder to the administration lately. It's projected that the fundies are going to sit out the next few elections and not vote at all.

It's all too interesting.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Here's a tasty little update:

Oct. 16, 2006 — For the White House, the charges coming their way this morning in the new book "Tempting Faith: An Inside Story of Political Seduction" must seem anything but heaven-sent.

The accusations are coming from an unlikely source: David Kuo, former deputy director of the White House Office of Faith-Based Initiatives, which channels federal dollars to religious charities.

Kuo says the office was misused to rally evangelical Christians, the Republican base voters, to get GOP politicians elected. Not only that, Kuo claims Bush officials mocked evangelical leaders behind their backs, alleging that in the office of political guru Karl Rove they were called "the nuts."

"National Christian leaders received hugs and smiles in person and then were dismissed behind their backs and described as 'ridiculous', 'out of control,' and just plain 'goofy,' " Kuo writes.

"You name the important Christian leader, and I have heard them mocked by serious people in serious places," Kuo told "60 Minutes" Sunday night.

That mockery, he added, included the Rev. Pat Robertson being called "insane," the Rev. Jerry Falwell being called "ridiculous" and comments that Dr. James Dobson of Focus on the Family "had to be controlled."

James Towey, Kuo's former boss in the faith-based initiative office, suggested Kuo is bearing false witness.

What the book seems to be "describing is kind of a personal animus against evangelicals and a kind of personal insulting behavior," Towey said. "President Bush would never have tolerated that, and I never saw it in four and a half years."

Kuo says that he never heard President Bush himself say anything negative about Christians, but he believes many Christians have put too much faith in political leaders.

"I think the Christians have viewed this president with a lot of help from the White House, as a pastor-in-chief, as opposed to a commander-in-chief," Kuo said today on "Good Morning America."

"And Christians need to understand that there's a difference between George W. Bush who is a great man, a good, compassionate man, and President Bush, a politician."

Kuo says it should come as no surprise that any administration plays politics.

"But my point is even in this White House, you are loved for your votes, not anything else. That's what you need to know," Kuo said. "I say it within this broader argument, Christians have put way too much emphasis on politics."

Jesus as Precinct Captain

Towey allowed that "perhaps junior staffers and interns" may have made such a comment.

"Maybe David heard something, I don't know," he said. "You might hear a comment from a staff person, when they saw a religious leader, say something about Islam — or something after Katrina where you would kind of have your eyebrows raised saying, 'Why would they say such a thing?' "

But at high levels, he insisted, with "decision-makers in the White House and the president, there was respect for the evangelical leadership and for the other faith leaders with whom the president met. … People like Chuck Colson and Rick Warren and Dr. Dobson, they're friends of the White House. We may not always agree with them, but, uh, there was a real mutual respect."

Kuo also claims the White House used the taxpayer-funded Office of Faith-Based Initiatives to hold events designed to rally the evangelical conservative GOP members in 20 targeted races in 2002.
    http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=2570947&page=1

OK, so Bush's brain Rove and the rest of the gang are running around slinging insults left, right and center but Bush is completely unaware of this and is a good man? Get real. They said the same thing about Stalin during the Terror.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

That mockery, he added, included the Rev. Pat Robertson being called "insane," the Rev. Jerry Falwell being called "ridiculous" and comments that Dr. James Dobson of Focus on the Family "had to be controlled."
    I'm sorry, but this is just about the most sane and realistic thing the Bush cabal has EVER said.

Secondly, how can Bush be 'out of the loop' but still be 'the decider'. How can you decide if you don't know anything? lol
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post

You did NOT just say that! Bite your tongue, mister, beat yourself with horsehair and don't come back until you make amends. The man has no lips!
    I had not idea I called him 'her'..oops!..hehehe
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information