Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 46 to 55 of 55

Thread: Drunk, anti-gay, republican senator arrested leaving gay nightclub

  1. #46
    Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    31,884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scooter View Post
    I wouldn't characterize most of California as being anti gay. Also there's that group of gay Republicans called 'Log Cabin Republicans'.
    That's what I was trying to say: he saying he took the anti-gay stance because that's what his voters wanted and I'm questioning whether or not his constiuents are all rabid homophobes.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

    "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

  2. #47
    Elite Member Moongirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Cal-i-for-nigh-ay!
    Posts
    9,211

    Default

    ^^ I happen to live in the area he represents, and my small city in particular is quite conservative about gay issues, from what I've seen. During the Prop. 8 campaign, there were lots of vote for Prop. 8 signs around town, 3 or 4 just on my small block. I saw maybe 2 against Prop. 8 in the whole city. I'm kind of ashamed to admit that I did want to put up a Vote No on Prop. 8 sign on my lawn, but my husband talked me out of it.

  3. #48
    Elite Member Grimmlok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In WhoreLand fucking your MOM
    Posts
    55,359

    Default

    talked you out of it how? boy needs a cuff upside the head
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

  4. #49
    Elite Member Moongirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Cal-i-for-nigh-ay!
    Posts
    9,211

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    talked you out of it how? boy needs a cuff upside the head

    My husband was pretty much pro Prop 8, I was very much against it. Even my kids, esp. my daughter, were like, what's wrong with 2 people who love each other being able to get married? (He was like, what are you teaching our kids?!? Umm, I don't know, tolerance? That everyone has the right to be happy?) Honestly, I think he was afraid of backlash from our white neighbors (we're Mexican). When my husband was fixing up the house before we moved in, one of our neighbors came over, befriended him a bit, and basically told him about how he used to hate us Mexicans, but had been going to church and found God, and had changed his mind. He had a vote yes on Prop 8 sign on his yard, as well as our other neighbor to the left of us. They both also had McCain/Palin signs(). I know, I should have stood my ground and just put up a damn no on Prop 8 sign, and Obama/Biden one as well.

  5. #50
    Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    31,884

    Default

    ^^ Maybe if your neighbour spends more time in church he'll learn to like gays as well? Or maybe it will reinforce his bigoted ways.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

    "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

  6. #51
    Elite Member Grimmlok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In WhoreLand fucking your MOM
    Posts
    55,359

    Default

    i dunno that i could stay married to someone like that.

    it would leave an extremely foul taste in my mouth.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

  7. #52
    Elite Member kingcap72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    10 miles from Pootie Tang
    Posts
    21,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moongirl View Post
    My husband was pretty much pro Prop 8, I was very much against it. Even my kids, esp. my daughter, were like, what's wrong with 2 people who love each other being able to get married? (He was like, what are you teaching our kids?!? Umm, I don't know, tolerance? That everyone has the right to be happy?) Honestly, I think he was afraid of backlash from our white neighbors (we're Mexican). When my husband was fixing up the house before we moved in, one of our neighbors came over, befriended him a bit, and basically told him about how he used to hate us Mexicans, but had been going to church and found God, and had changed his mind. He had a vote yes on Prop 8 sign on his yard, as well as our other neighbor to the left of us. They both also had McCain/Palin signs(). I know, I should have stood my ground and just put up a damn no on Prop 8 sign, and Obama/Biden one as well.
    Moongirl for some reason I thought you were black, not Mexican. Learn something new everyday on GR.

    As for your husband's lack of tolerance, just tell him that he should remember how it feels when he runs up against intolerance. Or how would he feel if someone was intolerant toward your kids just because they are Mexican. Intolerance is always easy for some people until they run up against it themselves and then it's a bitter pill to swallow.

  8. #53
    Elite Member Moongirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Cal-i-for-nigh-ay!
    Posts
    9,211

    Default

    kingcap72;2068794 Moongirl for some reason I thought you were black, not Mexican. Learn something new everyday on GR.

    As for your husband's lack of tolerance, just tell him that he should remember how it feels when he runs up against intolerance. Or how would he feel if someone was intolerant toward your kids just because they are Mexican. Intolerance is always easy for some people until they run up against it themselves and then it's a bitter pill to swallow.
    So, now you know I'm Mexican, and I recently found out you were gay; that shouldn't stop us from running off with each other, should it?


    I think he has come around some; I think the Mexican macho in him tought he should be against gay marriage. One of the arguments he came at me with was how would I feel if I were in a public place with our kids, and a gay couple started getting hot and heavy with each other; I told him regardless of whether it was a gay or straight couple, I would not feel comfortable with someone dry humping in front of my kids, period.

  9. #54
    Elite Member kingcap72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    10 miles from Pootie Tang
    Posts
    21,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moongirl View Post
    So, now you know I'm Mexican, and I recently found out you were gay; that shouldn't stop us from running off with each other, should it?


    I think he has come around some; I think the Mexican macho in him tought he should be against gay marriage. One of the arguments he came at me with was how would I feel if I were in a public place with our kids, and a gay couple started getting hot and heavy with each other; I told him regardless of whether it was a gay or straight couple, I would not feel comfortable with someone dry humping in front of my kids, period.
    Nothing should stop our forbidden love. It'll be West Side Story meets Will & Grace, but with more flava.

    You definitely put your husband's argument in check. I think the big issue people have with gay rights is that they think it's a lifestyle choice, instead of something that is determined at birth like your race or gender.

    And even some of the people that recognize that being gay isn't a choice will get stuck on the religious angle. Because their belief that being gay is a sin conflicts with their belief that God made you gay. And that would mean they would either have to acknowledge that God made a mistake making you gay, which conflicts with the belief that God doesn't make mistakes. Or they would have to realize that being gay isn't actually a sin, so that destroys any reason for them to hate gays & would force them to question not only the Bible, but their narrow religious beliefs.

  10. #55
    Elite Member KrisNine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Sleepy night night land
    Posts
    24,266

    Default

    My favorite story of the year!!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. PA Republican Senator: We allow gays to exist
    By Hasdrubal in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: June 25th, 2009, 02:23 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: October 5th, 2008, 01:50 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: October 15th, 2006, 07:18 AM
  4. Republican Senator Frist to introduce anti-gay bill in May
    By Grimmlok in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: February 13th, 2006, 10:19 PM
  5. Replies: 13
    Last Post: January 18th, 2006, 02:16 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •