Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: DREAM Act Failed - Crisis for America!

*facepalm*
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Troll or Aspergers?
    Uh

Aspergers.

Or

Really bored high school kid on Holiday break.

ah now they are pming me. LOL idiot.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    I'd like to see this fantasy netherworld you're pulling your conclusions out of.

Oh wait, no.. it's right here on this map. It's called "your ass."

That doesn't sound very pleasant.
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBYpmFDfBlA&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

He makes the exact same argument that I'm making on this post. He's a professor at the University of California. Many of you are probably going to disagree with his views, but the reality is that he is right in what he is saying about the bill. We should keep pursuing this issue until our side wins. Even if it extends into 2012 and becomes a 2012 campaign issue, we'd still be fighting it then and this thread will be still be going two years from now.

http://politics.nytimes.com/congress...8?ref=politics

51 votes should have been the majority needed for a bill to pass, so if the US Constitution was modified, I know this bill would have passed.

I'm against the Dream Act. My family emigrated legally. We had to wait in line and do all the paperwork. Why should they get to line jump. Its not fair. It was wrong for their parents to do this to them but it is not fair to all of us who went through the proper procedures. They don't let many of us Europeans in.

You are full of bullshit and hot steam. I'm against granting amnesty for illegal aliens because I live in a state that is buckling under the immigration problem, yet I'm married to a legal immigrant from a "third world country." So I guess I don't hate foreigners enough, like you so "eloquently" stated in a different thread, I didn't get the memo. I'm not much older than you and I can tell you're just a bullshit college kid who thinks he has it "all figured out" when you really know jackshit about life because you haven't lived it. The reality is, this is a complicated area, and no one perception is right or wrong. Writing down notes in a class to repeat verbatim on a message board does not make you look intelligent. Nor does quoting references like WIKIPEDIA or ANSWERS.COM. If your community college teachers let you get by with referencing those, then that is an indictment of our school system. I do believe you are simply a troll that is looking for attention, because your bullshit responses are simply beyond the scope of believability. So pack up your shit and get the fuck out, because your condescension and your need to be "right" reeks of insecurity. You're a little boy, and we appreciate real men on this forum. So fuck you very much, have a great day.

And by the way, I'm far from a conservative.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

I've missed you, January!

Quote Originally Posted by mikesandy View Post
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBYpmFDfBlA&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

He makes the exact same argument that I'm making on this post. He's a professor at the University of California. Many of you are probably going to disagree with his views, but the reality is that he is right in what he is saying about the bill. We should keep pursuing this issue until our side wins. Even if it extends into 2012 and becomes a 2012 campaign issue, we'd still be fighting it then and this thread will be still be going two years from now.

Senate Vote 278 - Fails To Advance Dream Act - NYTimes.com

51 votes should have been the majority needed for a bill to pass, so if the US Constitution was modified, I know this bill would have passed.
    I've seen professors from fucking Harvard wish Canada congratulations on moving to the 24 hour time system.

Big deal.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Hmm. Interesting claims. Anyhow, in your response to where I cite my articles, I have written several reports in my Tech Writing class and managed to get a B grade for the semester, a few percentage points off from an A. I’m not trying to show off, I’m just telling you. English is one of my best subjects, and I’m majoring in Cybersecurity. The references were not from Wikipedia or Answers.com.

In response to your other claims, first of all, I’m not just trolling. Right in Howard County, a county that has voted slightly more Democratic than Republican, there are issues that have occurred which state that yeah the Dream act needs to be passed. During my high school years, I recall that in 2007 at Atholton high school, an Indian kid hanged himself because of bullying and torment that he received from the white kids (some of which really are douchebags) at the school. He killed himself basically and now no one gives a damn about him anymore. Martin Santelieces (a latino kid) also stated that he felt isolated and out of the pack at times, at AHS. Basically the people he was mainly able to connect with were latino kids and black kids. He stated in a way that no one else (whites, teachers) gave a shit about him when ever he succeeded and he felt a worthless feeling during his high school years.

Now, I bet you’re going to still try to arrogantly argue that I don’t “genuinely” care about the case and I’m just here to troll as you preach. But there are serious reasons why I believe it should be passed, so the white kids here can suck it when the bill does pass and they become disappointed at the result.

Another reason of why we’re dealing with these problems is because of the Latin gangs such as MS-13 that exist in California. The politicians know about these about these kinds of gangs and stereotypes. Again, you can say that's a reason why they didn't vote for it. There’s still a perception that they are violent and scary people, a claim that you will flat out deny. It’s not much different with blacks, when the negative connotation is that they claim that we’re from the hood and they question our intellectual capabilities, as you and others already have attempted to do. That’s why you made the claim that I go to a community college and there's something that's low caliber about it, but if college costs were cheaper I would’ve been able to get into a better school initially and you would have nothing to say if education costs were minimal. Also,you probably assumed that I didn't know what MS-13 was. You know damn well that's better to at least go to a community college than to go directly into the workforce and have the highest educational level attained being a high school diploma.

Right in my jurisdiction, things like this happen to minorities: http://www.wbal.com/absolutenm/templ...53118&zoneid=3 and http://www.explorehoward.com/news/77...r-punched-him/ and you don't even know.

Also, there are 192 countries in the world, it would have been easier for him to gain legal status if the country he is from is Croatia instead of Mexico or Central America. Therefore, in my opinion, you're still wrong, and I'm not here to troll. This should pass just so I can laugh at you realizing that you didn't get your way with this bill and the over 50% majority of people who want this thing passed get what they want.
    Last edited by mikesandy; December 20th, 2010 at 08:47 PM.

^^Honey, when in the hell do you go back to school?

Answer this question then. What percentage of illegal immigrants do you think would eventually end up being criminals? There's no way to decipher that and figure it out.
    I'm jumping in late here...let's ponder this question..."What percentage of illegal immigrants do you think would eventually end up being criminal?"

You answered yourself. And if you don't understand that, then I surely can't help you.

My issue with the Dream Act is that we need a comprehensive plan. We've tried immigration policy in the past (including amnesty) and all it did is explode the illegal (yes, that means criminal) population. We can't piecemeal children brought here, tied to college or anything else. Once we have a going forward plan, then we can discuss how to handle the folks here illegally, but unintentionally? No fault of their own? Of criminal parents? Whatever, cart before the horse. I have no problem with this not passing.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    I'm jumping in late here...let's ponder this question..."What percentage of illegal immigrants do you think would eventually end up being criminal?"

You answered yourself. And if you don't understand that, then I surely can't help you.

My issue with the Dream Act is that we need a comprehensive plan. We've tried immigration policy in the past (including amnesty) and all it did is explode the illegal (yes, that means criminal) population. We can't piecemeal children brought here, tied to college or anything else. Once we have a going forward plan, then we can discuss how to handle the folks here illegally, but unintentionally? No fault of their own? Of criminal parents? Whatever, cart before the horse. I have no problem with this not passing.
    I'm aware. You and others state that it's 100%. That's the frustrating thing about it. Anyhow, failure of passage of this bill does have economic consequences as it will cause more American jobs to be shipped overseas. The policies of the Republicans have caused this.

I'm aware. You and others state that it's 100%. That's the frustrating thing about it. Anyhow, failure of passage of this bill does have economic consequences as it will cause more American jobs to be shipped overseas. The policies of the Republicans have caused this.
    So the issue is basic vocabulary. Since you're a stellar B English student, I'll help you (it's the season of giving after all)

ILLEGAL = CRIMINAL

Don't say I never gave you anything.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Hit By Ban Bus!

I know that, Illegal = Criminal. A different word should be used in place of "illegal" within "illegal immigrants". That's just my opinion. I would say "Non native immigrants".

Quote Originally Posted by *DIVA! View Post
    ^^Honey, when in the hell do you go back to school?
    Oh I'm sure they'll post a link to let us know.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread Information