Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: DREAM Act Failed - Crisis for America!

Define we. I would love it if we were all better off.

And I have no idea what you're talking about, the vast majority of Chinese are completely illiterate, something insane like 90%.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by mikesandy View Post
    Our society would be as successful as China's if we were more educated. Think about how successful they are. How can you claim that I'm stupid if we were all better off instead of the position we're in now?
    China has 1/10 the per capita income of the United States.

And Chinese adults, on average have 6 years less schooling than adults in the United States.

Hit By Ban Bus!

They still beat us in Math, Reading and Science. If China or Finland were presented with this issue, whether or not to vote for the DREAM Act, the citizens would vote in a clear majority to pass the bill and the Congress/Parliament of the country would have voted strongly in favor for the bill as well.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/extra/fe...ion_12-10.html

All in favor of sending mikesandy to China, please raise your hands.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

But the progressives are losing, and things aren't looking good for us. Also, middle age is from 40 to 65. Therefore, you are middle aged. This is when some Americans also experience a mid-life crisis.
    Are you talking to me? if so, fuck off. I'm not 40, I'm 37. go piss up a rope.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Do you really think China would grant amnesty to illegal aliens? I don't get your point.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

This is so much fail it's hard to really see the entire breadth of it.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    All in favor of sending mikesandy to China, please raise your hands.
    Too bad, it wouldn't matter. I wouldn't be leaving anyway.

They still beat us in Math, Reading and Science. If China or Finland were presented with this issue, whether or not to vote for the DREAM Act, the citizens would vote in a clear majority to pass the bill and the Congress/Parliament of the country would have voted strongly in favor for the bill as well.

NewsHour Extra: Math, Science, Reading Scores Show U.S. Schools Slipping Behind | Dec. 10, 2010 | PBS

You mean the elite 10% in China who actually get to go to school? I hardly consider that beating us. And yes, Finland has an excellent education system, they also have some of the strictest immigration policies in the world. You fail again.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

What? That's incorrect.

Middle age - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just face it, your voting opinion is the same as the Americans who are older and have attained a weaker level of education. That's why I state it again, this bill really should have passed. If everyone's educational capabilities were higher, it would have passed.
    Too bad, it wouldn't matter. I wouldn't be leaving anyway.
    Why wouldn't you leave? They have it soooo much better. They are smarter - why do you think they don't have the illegal immigration problem we do?
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    You mean the elite 10% in China who actually get to go to school? I hardly consider that beating us. And yes, Finland has an excellent education system, they also have some of the strictest immigration policies in the world. You fail again.
    I don't believe that it makes them elite. The societies that are the most successful are the ones with the most prosperous educational system. I'm confident that more than 10% of China's population has been able to go to school, even school that is at a high school equivalent of the United States. It's apparent that we have ideological differences, your way of thinking is completely different from mine about these kinds of issues.

I can't leave because I'm still in school. I'm also optimistic that the United States could catch up one day, despite the political headwinds we are battling.

I don't believe that it makes them elite. The societies that are the most successful are the ones with the most prosperous educational system. I'm confident that more than 10% of China's population has been able to go to school, even school that is at a high school equivalent of the United States. It's apparent that we have ideological differences, your way of thinking is completely different from mine about these kinds of issues.
    Very few chinese are allowed complete education. The Chinese illiteracy rate is about 93%....yes, 93%!

So please enlighten me with a discourse on how much better the Chinese system is than the US's. Please. I'm dying for some inside info, especially from some teenager that has never been to China.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I can't leave because I'm still in school. I'm also optimistic that the United States could catch up one day, despite the political headwinds we are battling.

Dude, look it up. China is an illiterate nation and nothing you say is going to change that anytime soon.

NewsHour Extra: Math, Science, Reading Scores Show U.S. Schools Slipping Behind | Dec. 10, 2010 | PBS
    United States:

Literacy > Definition
    age 15 and over can read and write Literacy > Female 99% [17th of 157] Literacy > Male 99% [28th of 156]

China:
    Literacy > Definition
    age 15 and over can read and write Literacy > Female 78.8% [99th of 157] Literacy > Male 92.9% [81st of 156

When China catches North Korean immigrants coming across their border, they send them back to North Korea, where they are sentenced to years in a re-education camp, and are lucky if they survive at all.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Found a contradicting article to what you claim.

National Literacy Policies/China

Literacy Rate 85.2 %
    Illiterate Population 142.0 million

This is back in 2002. A literate person is a person who can perform basic functions such as reading and writing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._literacy_rate

Also, China is 93.3% literate (for every single Chinese citizen) on Wikipedia. So there is a discrepancy based on the data about this on the websites you obtained, compared to the websites I found.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_US_ci...literacy_rates

Also if you look here the cities have the lowest literacy rates are in areas that are impacted most severely by the failure of the DREAM Act. Texas and California. Tennessee also made the list.

Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread Information