Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: DREAM Act Failed - Crisis for America!

the principle of family reunification isn't just in american law, it's enshrined in international law and human rights as well. and yes, it has to be balanced with a state's right to control immigration but it can't just be discarded on a whim either or because of politically motivated anti-migrant sentiment.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Well, I agree with Greys and McJag. The system needs an overhaul but this was NOT the way to get that.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Listen, ILLEGAL is the key word here. My forefathers came over from England and Scotland legally. They obeyed the laws.
    Americans came from all over the globe-legally.
    As far as not meaning they are bad? They are. They broke the law,knowingly. They did not enter this country by accident.
    My ancestors did not break any laws.
    Yes, I expect the very same from them.
    Entering ANY coutry illegally is a crime. In every single country.

And frankly, at GR we care more about their sense of style.
    Well, you and Melanie are Texans, so the immigration issue is a high priority topic specifically in your state, and in Arizona/California. Seems like you would still prefer to wake up one day in the small, rural town you live in with an 85% to 90% white community 20 years from now. I remember Obama saying that we are a United Nation or something during the campaign, so you can just classify some of the immigrants as being Mexican-American or whatever eventually when they drive past that border from Mexico into California, Arizona or Texas. You can't discount every single immigrant from entering the country that's eligible to gain legal status. You just can't.

I don't think that injudiciously implying bigotry is going to win any converts to your side, mikesandy.

Quote Originally Posted by mikesandy View Post
    Well, you and Melanie are Texans, so the immigration issue is a high priority topic specifically in your state, and in Arizona/California. Seems like you would still prefer to wake up one day in the small, rural town you live in with an 85% to 90% white community 20 years from now. I remember Obama saying that we are a United Nation or something during the campaign, so you can just classify some of the immigrants as being Mexican-American or whatever eventually when they drive past that border from Mexico into California, Arizona or Texas. You can't discount every single immigrant from entering the country that's eligible to gain legal status. You just can't.
    A. My name is not Melanie. Don't make assumptions.
    B. Houston is a small, rural town with 85% to 90% white community? WTF are you smoking? Do your homework and then come back with facts not random bullshit.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(•_•)П

Seems like you would still prefer to wake up one day in the small, rural town you live in with an 85% to 90% white community 20 years from now

I really don't think you know Mel or McJag well enough to know what they would prefer.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Hit By Ban Bus!

Well I didn't know you lived in Houston. You said a while ago you lived in Texas and implied that you didn't vote for Bush in the elections. By the way, I don't smoke and the semester just ended.

Random bullshit is right. Seriously, WTF?
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Well I didn't know you lived in Houston. You said a while ago you lived in Texas and implied that you didn't vote for Bush in the elections. By the way, I don't smoke and the semester just ended.
    I do live in Texas. Houston is IN Texas. I didn't imply jackshit. I flat out said "I didn't vote for either Bush". You make too many assumptions based on one fact: McJag & myself live in Texas. Bigotry ain't always about color is it, my little bigoted friend?
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(•_•)П

Hit By Ban Bus!

I already knew that Houston was in Texas. There are tons of cities in Texas, such as Del Rio, TX.

Del Rio, Texas (TX) profile: population, maps, real estate, averages, homes, statistics, relocation, travel, jobs, hospitals, schools, crime, moving, houses, sex offenders, news, sex offenders

Estimated median household income in 2009: $42,945 (it was $36,616 in 2000)
    Houston: $42,945
    Texas:
    $48,259

Read more: Houston, Texas (TX) profile: population, maps, real estate, averages, homes, statistics, relocation, travel, jobs, hospitals, schools, crime, moving, houses, sex offenders, news, sex offenders

Estimated median household income in 2009: $34,077 (it was $27,387 in 2000)
    Del Rio: $34,077
    Texas:
    $48,259

See, there's an income disparity. As you can see by the demographics of the town, it's 82% Hispanic and it's low-income. Compare that to Houston.

Poverty Rates in Texas: Poorest Areas of Texas Severely Isolated

Is there a point to that? Dude, are you high?
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I already knew that Houston was in Texas. There are tons of cities in Texas, such as Del Rio, TX.

Del Rio, Texas (TX) profile: population, maps, real estate, averages, homes, statistics, relocation, travel, jobs, hospitals, schools, crime, moving, houses, sex offenders, news, sex offenders

Estimated median household income in 2009: $34,077 (it was $27,387 in 2000)
    Del Rio:$34,077Texas:$48,259

See, there's an income disparity.
    What is your point?

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

The actual point is that MikeSandy is a real estate agent serving the Del Rio, TX area.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I wasn't finished editing my post. My point is beyond the metropolitan cites in Texas, the other cites are poorer and lower income, and also more minority. I posted that chart on the first page that stated that Hispanics have the lowest median income among the other races. That needs to change. Financial gain should be even across the board for every race. That's the first step in getting this thing to pass if Washington decides to try again with immigration reform.

WTF. Living in Houston makes a difference? I live in Dallas. Figure that one out!
    Here's to ya.
    YouTube - Cee Lo Green - FUCK YOU (Official Video)
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information