Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast
Results 316 to 330 of 441

Thread: DREAM Act Failed - Crisis for America!

  1. #316
    Elite Member *DIVA!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    15,753

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    Look, I used to live in Howard County Maryland for years, and I know exactly how it is. It's full of educated people. It's fairly progressive. It's very civilized and tolerant and clean. It's kind of odd, actually. But this is what you know & I'm telling you that it's an anomaly, an aberration. It has Columbia in the middle of it, which everybody knows was a planned hippy dippy town that was supposed to be all about racial & religious tolerance. Point is, it's an unusual kind of place to live based on my experience of living on both coasts and many places in between. You are isolated, sheltered, idealistic, uneducated and have nowhere close to the life experience that a person should have to be lecturing all of us like this. It's fine for a young person to have opinions and ideals, but it's clear that you are all about pushing them on other people without considering anything they have to say at all. Your professors praise you now and again because you are spewing out a bunch of crap in an essay that they think is well-presented for whatever venue you're in, but it does NOT mean that you are RIGHT.

    Talking to you is pointless. I am soooo done.
    You lived there... poor lady!
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesandy View Post
    Ok. Please wait for me as I reply to both of you all at the same time. I'll have to spend a few minutes to organize the thoughts that are arising in my head and make a reply. I'll start off by replying to Lobelia first then you, Nana.

    Lobelia - It's surprising to hear that you used to live in Howard County. (Assuming that you really were). Anyhow, I have a surprise for you too. My parents were not born in America. They were technically born in Trinidad & Tobago in 1962. They weren't involved in the Civil Rights Movement and all of the other stuff that occurred here at that time. We vacationed back to T&T in 2002, so nice try in attempting to think you already knew everything about me but you don't. That's why they are in favor of the Dream Act, and it wasn't as simple as filling out a few papers and getting into America since we were from a country like Trinidad & Tobago. Our family had to fight for a while to get into America. If we didn't fight back and backed off, I wouldn't have been in the country. Our family moved to America in 1988, and I was born in 1991, so basically I was born in America with parents who weren't born in America! That's why I'm arguing with you all on this site, and also because it's just a website. Next, I will discredit your racism argument which you keep trying to pursue against me. You are supposed to be black, and actually "like" who you are, first of all. Now let me explain what I mean by that before you or someone else says that my post makes no sense, and I can also back up my argument right with what I see within the sport I played throughout my high school years. The guy I will mention has an A in his first name and an I in his last name. (name concealed for security purposes) is the same race I am, and plays the same sport I do, cross country running. The thing about him is that he tries so hard to appeal and gravitate over to white guys. He forces himself to intermingle with only all of the other white athletes/white coaches/white girls to fit in, up to a point where he's actually getting into relationships with them. Unfortunately, he doesn't really assosciate with the other minorities, so that is referred to as being a black person with an identity crisis. It's basically a black person that doesn't like other black people. Having that label affixed on me is 50 times worse than reading your opinion about me from posts that I made on this forum. As a result of doing this, you have a lower self-esteem about yourself and less self-worth. I am not saying that you should avoid them completely, but you shouldn't be a black person dating or deliberately going only after white girls. If they just want to be friendly with you for other reasons, or just to assist you with homework, then it's not a problem. I'll post some images here that attempt to illustrate my point, that your self esteem is lowered if you have an identity crisis. And if anyone misinterprets this and thinks that's me, then you aren't right. Type my name into Facebook and you'd see my pictures. Additionally, this is why my mom recommended me not to applying to Penn State for my degree program beyond community college, because Penn State lacked diversity and the only people there were just mainly white kids. And even if racism wasn't an issue, she still didn't want me there in case I would have ended up always acting white while my skin color was black. Basically, she's not racist for saying "You aren't going to Penn State", she just simply doesn't want me there.
    You are one of those! An offspring of foreigners who live in the melting pot that is Howard county! There are a lot of them out there who believe just because they came here the USA owe them something! They want and most of the time get a free damn education! Most of them are racist themselves..they look down on the american black people thinking that they are better than us!! I have come across a lot of folks in that area who are basically like you who want something for nothing.

    The sad thing about it... Now, I get your self-righteous post!

  2. #317
    Gold Member BigBen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,452

    Default

    I am not saying that you should avoid them completely, but you shouldn't be a black person dating or deliberately going only after white girls. If they just want to be friendly with you for other reasons, or just to assist you with homework, then it's not a problem.
    .....
    Additionally, this is why my mom recommended me not to applying to Penn State for my degree program beyond community college, because Penn State lacked diversity and the only people there were just mainly white kids. And even if racism wasn't an issue, she still didn't want me there in case I would have ended up always acting white while my skin color was black. Basically, she's not racist for saying "You aren't going to Penn State", she just simply doesn't want me there.
    Now THAT is some racist shit right there! Damn, son. How does one act white anyway? My Xmas wish is that this jack-off is a very dedicated troll and not serious, or worse, a representation of his generation.
    "Not only do we embrace it, we take it out for drinks, get it absolutely steaming drunk, leg hump it and then leave it covered in shaving foam and a stolen Chuck E Cheese outfit in its own bath with no recollection of how it got there." -Kittylady on the sad and pathetic and strange.

  3. #318
    Elite Member Grimmlok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In WhoreLand fucking your MOM
    Posts
    55,359

    Default

    acting white?

    I had no idea skin color had a direct correlation to mannerisms. So, since you're black, do you talk like some uneducated rapper thug, or are you more of a cottonfields negro with the yessuh massah?

    I know that, being white, I can't dance, am uptight and enunciate perfectly. I also tie my Lacoste sweater around my neck when I'm playing tennis with Muffy and Buffy.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

  4. #319
    Elite Member sputnik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    fellow traveller
    Posts
    58,015

    Default

    and don't forget to pop the collar on your pastel pink lacoste polo.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

  5. #320
    Elite Member Grimmlok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In WhoreLand fucking your MOM
    Posts
    55,359

    Default

    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

  6. #321
    Elite Member msdeb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    39,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikesandy View Post
    Additionally, this is why my mom recommended me not to applying to Penn State for my degree program beyond community college, because Penn State lacked diversity and the only people there were just mainly white kids. And even if racism wasn't an issue, she still didn't want me there in case I would have ended up always acting white while my skin color was black. Basically, she's not racist for saying "You aren't going to Penn State", she just simply doesn't want me there.
    I find you to be a racist. Your parents, who weren't even born here, probably NEVER attended college, raised you to be racist as well, by passing judgement on a school they only saw online. AND, if by some off the freaking wall chance they HAD been to Penn State, then they formed an opinion that is completely based on racist lies. I cannot wait for you to actually get out into the working world, and FAIL, because with your 'thinking' that's exactly whats going to happen toots.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

  7. #322
    Gold Member nana51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    in Sunny San Diego
    Posts
    1,308

    Default

    One way to correct the educational issue is to propose [COLOR="Yellow"]one-on-one tutoring, because of the simple fact that it's difficult for one teacher to teach 60 or 70 people a concept in a classroom easily. [/COLOR]If this idea is implemented, I think the educational achievements for everyone (regardless of race) would be much better than it is today, and that's not limited to just the K-12 educational system. This avoids the act of having the students have to learn the material on their own without any true direction from the teacher. Also, since your husband came from France, it must have been easier from him to gain an American passport and be assigned a social security number than it was for us. I'd also recommend for you to check out some reviews from universities at StudentsReview.com, which explain how they review the educational quality of a school. Based on your response, I can make a hypothesis.

    If the Obama administration can make crucial improvements to the United States` educational system (Think about Obama's Race To The Top initiative) in the next few years, the passage of the DREAM Act or a similar bill would become more successful, less successful, or would it make no difference. What do you think about that? I'm eager to hear your response.

    ???? What the hell did you just say? Where the fuck is California going to get the money for one on one tutors? We don't have 70 children in our classrooms, we have 23 - 30. My husband came legally, anyone who comes legally gets a social security #. He didn't get a passport until he became a citizen. You come here legally, get your social, wait 5 years and apply to be a citizen. What don't you understand.
    Students in elementary school do not learn on their own. We have ESL teachers to help them. Some have ESL teachers for 6 years and still can't speak English at the end. i would blame the ESL teachers but it is not that simple. Because all the other students and his family speak Spanish he has no need to really learn. When you are Asian, French or Italian, you have no help so you have to learn. This is not true in every case of course. We have immigrants whose parents are desperate for them to learn English and other language speaking kids who don't want to. I'm speaking generally.
    Oh, I offended you with my opinion? You should hear the ones I keep to myself.

  8. #323
    Elite Member Mel1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Cuntopia
    Posts
    42,981

    Default

    I knew it! Mikesandy is an anchor baby! A black one!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

  9. #324
    Elite Member *DIVA!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    15,753

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    I knew it! Mikesandy is an anchor baby! A black one!
    Hell NO!! He is Trinidadian and Toboggan.. The majority of them DON'T think of themselves as black, and the same goes for the majority of Africans..they think very lowly of blacks!

    His racism and views made perfect sense once he said where his parent were from. The self righteous sense of entitlement mixed with the racism is enough to just make you sick!

  10. #325
    Elite Member Mel1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Cuntopia
    Posts
    42,981

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by *DIVA! View Post
    Hell NO!! He is Trinidadian and Toboggan.. The majority of them DON'T think of themselves as black, and the same goes for the majority of Africans..they think very lowly of blacks!

    His racism and views made perfect sense once he said where his parent were from. The self righteous sense of entitlement mixed with the racism is enough to just make you sick!
    Touche'! No matter what color he thinks he is: jackass comes in every fucking shade.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

  11. #326
    Elite Member sluce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Top Secret Spy for Leann Rimes
    Posts
    37,383

    Default

    Sweetie - you would never get into Penn State. NO ONE who could get into Penn State would attend community college instead. Also, if you are such a great runner, why were you not being recruited? My daughter is a senior and we have spent the last year in the recruiting process for rowing. She has signed her NLI with a D1 school. I have learned a lot about the process in the last year and know how many scholarships the NCAA allows for each sport at D1 & D2 schools. If you were a top rated runner with a decent GPA you could have written your own ticket. Yet, you're at community college.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

  12. #327
    Hit By Ban Bus!
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    183

    Default

    Running for a college was never my intention. There is a level of athletics beyond that called "Post-Collegiate Running". That's what I planned to do. 2010 was the first year of self-coached running. Meaning that I created my own training regime. No one is helping or assisting me. I'm doing it all alone. I'm hoping that by 2014, when I'd be done learning, my 10 mile race time would be around 45 minutes. Running 10 miles in 45 minutes is almost world record caliber. I'm currently at 62 to 63 minutes now and still have 4 years left to train. I planned on balancing post-collegiate running while having employment somewhere.

    I would have preferred to get an academic scholarship instead. They are offered at George Washington University. You can get it as long as you have a 3.0 GPA in transferable classes that relate to the Information Assurance Degree. (Cybersecurity, Network Security, etc). Unless something economically serious happens in 2 years and they discontinue the scholarship program, then I would have to go to the University of Maryland - University College for the degree.

    http://www.howardcc.edu/admissions/d...20Security.pdf

    http://www.howardcc.edu/admissions/d...Tech%20231.pdf

    Here are the websites below that are about post-collegiate athletetics. Also, I'd be smart and get along just fine with everyone else because we are a team.

    http://www.globalsportscommunication.nl/
    http://www.gvh.net/
    http://www.raggedmountainracing.org/

    Alright I'm now editing this post.

    MsDeb - My parents did attend college, it was called the University of the West Indies. How could we have gotten into the country if my parents had nothing greater than a high school equivalent education in their own home country? That's the ironic thing about your post.

    Grimmlock - I can't dance either. No kidding. Grimmlock, that has to do with music you listen to. I listen mainly to MotionTraxx, 95.5 FM radio, Ludacris songs, Eminem, and other kinds of music. Acting white means dressing in a cowboy hat or something, and listening to only country music or heavy metal music.

    Diva - If you viewed what was going on on other sites beyond GossipRocks, you would know that there's the general concept that the lighter you are, the better you're treated. It's just that image thing. We aren't referred to as Trinidian and Tobagoan, and you also didn't spell it right. They call us West Indian, but there's no classification for that so you are either viewed as Black/African American or an unknown/misc race. Just view this forum, they have a different argument from your argument.

    http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/foru...emselves-black

    Mel1973 - I edited my post, maybe you might want to consider editing your post also.

    Nana51 - I don't live in California so I don't have a "California" perspective of the issue, I have the "1600 Pennsylvania Avenue" perspective of it, so perhaps that's what you can infer. I've never been to the West Coast before. And my idea about the tutoring can't work now because I'm sure you know about California's deficits and unemployment rate. The unemployment rate there is above the national average. A lot of initiatives just can't happen because of the economy. We have to live within our means and do a lot more with less resources.
    Last edited by mikesandy; December 23rd, 2010 at 12:45 PM.

  13. #328
    Elite Member Mel1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Cuntopia
    Posts
    42,981

    Default

    *waits with baited breath*
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

  14. #329
    Elite Member *DIVA!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    15,753

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikesandy View Post
    Running for a college was never my intention. There is a level of athletics beyond that called "Post-Collegiate Running". That's what I planned to do. 2010 was the first year of self-coached running. Meaning that I created my own training regime. No one is helping or assisting me. I'm doing it all alone. I'm hoping that by 2014, when I'd be done learning, my 10 mile race time would be around 45 minutes. Running 10 miles in 45 minutes is almost world record caliber. I'm currently at 62 to 63 minutes now and still have 4 years left to train. I planned on balancing post-collegiate running while having employment somewhere.

    I would have preferred to get an academic scholarship instead. They are offered at George Washington University. You can get it as long as you have a 3.0 GPA in transferable classes that relate to the Information Assurance Degree. (Cybersecurity, Network Security, etc).

    Here are the websites below that are about post-collegiate athletics. Also, I'd be smart and get along just fine with everyone else because we are a team.

    GLOBAL SPORTS COMMUNICATION ::::: IT'S ALL ABOUT COMMUNICATION!
    Genesee Valley Harriers | Premier Running Club
    Ragged Mountain Racing | Team Maintained Website

    I'll reply to everyone elses posts in a second.
    Bullshit!

  15. #330
    Elite Member Mel1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Cuntopia
    Posts
    42,981

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by *DIVA! View Post
    Bullshit!
    Vouch! He's still just viewing and not replying to shit!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 15
    Last Post: May 23rd, 2010, 01:19 AM
  2. Replies: 56
    Last Post: November 25th, 2008, 11:22 AM
  3. Replies: 15
    Last Post: October 4th, 2008, 09:33 AM
  4. Ahmadinejad says West failed in Iran nuclear crisis
    By witchcurlgirl in forum Politics and Issues
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: June 19th, 2008, 01:04 PM
  5. Replies: 17
    Last Post: February 8th, 2007, 12:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •