Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: DREAM Act Failed - Crisis for America!

Where did I imply that they are bad because they're not born citizens? That's your own prejudice coming out. And for the record I am a black, 40-something female, so so much for your ideals of who opposes amnesty.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I think a lot of people don't want a program that provides amnesty when there currently isn't a structure in place to prevent millions more people from coming here with undocumented status and then asking for amnesty for themselves eventually. I think it was around 1983 (and during the Reagan administration) that the last great amnesty was granted. And it was predicated on the idea that illegal immigration would be reduced. Instead, it got worse.

Bronze Member
    Searching for myself in this great big world.

People's blind hate is what kept this bill from passing. Just reading the message boards where any DREAM Act article is posted and I cringe at the hate that spews from people. The majority who oppose it, probably haven't read what the process would have been. It would be at least 12 years before a person could become a U.S citizen. Also, they would not have qualified for any Federal aid or loans while attending school. This wasn't something that was going to be handed to them. As expensive as higher education is now and with no Federal aid available to them, those that qualified would be miniscule.

Illegal does not equal criminal. It's a necessary evil and one that the U.S has depended on for a very, very long time. This is a complex issue and anyone who sees it only in black and white is a fool. I know this first hand because I was once an illegal immigrant for 9 years. My parents overstayed their visas and I can assure you that they have always been hardworking, tax paying CRIMINAL FREE people. I was lucky enough that I could get my greencard with Reagan's 1986 Amnesty. I was in the same predicament as these kids. This is the only home I have ever known and even when I was oblivious to my legal status, I was just as much an American as my friends were. I'm just putting it out there, because I think people are quick to point out statistics and forget that these are our neighbors, colleagues, friends and family we are talking about.
    "If I have lost confidence in myself, I have the universe against me." --RW Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by mikesandy View Post
    But the act is stating that it's giving illegal immigrants a chance if they've had no criminal record, which means that their status in relation to the United States it means they are illegal. Illegal in the context that they are non-native to the United States. It doesn't instantaneously connotate that they are bad.
    Listen, ILLEGAL is the key word here. My forefathers came over from England and Scotland legally. They obeyed the laws.
    Americans came from all over the globe-legally.
    As far as not meaning they are bad? They are. They broke the law,knowingly. They did not enter this country by accident.
    My ancestors did not break any laws.
    Yes, I expect the very same from them.
    Entering ANY coutry illegally is a crime. In every single country.

And frankly, at GR we care more about their sense of style.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Nah

The folks who were brought here as children were to benefit from the Dream Act.

Come on now

Children are not cirminals.

Quote Originally Posted by MaggieMay View Post
    People's blind hate is what kept this bill from passing. Just reading the message boards where any DREAM Act article is posted and I cringe at the hate that spews from people. The majority who oppose it, probably haven't read what the process would have been. It would be at least 12 years before a person could become a U.S citizen. Also, they would not have qualified for any Federal aid or loans while attending school. This wasn't something that was going to be handed to them. As expensive as higher education is now and with no Federal aid available to them, those that qualified would be miniscule.

Illegal does not equal criminal. It's a necessary evil and one that the U.S has depended on for a very, very long time. This is a complex issue and anyone who sees it only in black and white is a fool. I know this first hand because I was once an illegal immigrant for 9 years. My parents overstayed their visas and I can assure you that they have always been hardworking, tax paying CRIMINAL FREE people. I was lucky enough that I could get my greencard with Reagan's 1986 Amnesty. I was in the same predicament as these kids. This is the only home I have ever known and even when I was oblivious to my legal status, I was just as much an American as my friends were. I'm just putting it out there, because I think people are quick to point out statistics and forget that these are our neighbors, colleagues, friends and family we are talking about.
    You can call it hate all you want, that doesn't make it true. Illegal does equal criminal and there is nothing you can say to change that. I wholeheartedly agree that immigration policy needs a revamp, but until that happens its still a criminal act.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by philbert_wormly View Post
    Nah

The folks who were brought here as children were to benefit from the Dream Act.

Come on now

Children are not cirminals.
    My ancestors were brought here from their native land against their will.. we didn't get a DREAM ACT to pay for college! Our dream act is and was called student loans and the united negro college fund! Am I wrong for feeling that way? maybe?

"i got mine, so fuck the rest of you"
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Well it seems Canada has no problem with illegal immigrants, so let them go there where they are welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Well it seems Canada has no problem with illegal immigrants, so let them go there where they are welcome.
    Yup. I can hear Grimm screaming now.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

We have lots of space, besides.. we already have a crap ton of Americans marrying to escape their country as it swirls the bowl, what's the difference between that and gradual incorporation?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Children did not ask to be brought here or born here.

My father was a Mexican citizen and served three tours with the U.S. Army in Vietnam and then went on to die in a U.S. prison... so joining the military does not guarantee an upstanding citizen but anyway...

I just cannot wrap my mind around people being against this, so we take a person that has no roots since they were how old? Do we set a cut off, okay you've been here since you were 8.6 years old so yeah, the U.S. is your home oh but you were brought here at age 10, you must have some friends in your country of origin that will take you in!
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

If they are born here they are automatically citizens. No the children who were brought here are not criminals, but their parents are. Those parents can then use their amnesty children as anchors to citizenship regardless of whether they have other criminal history or not since American laws do not support breaking up families. This Act was never a good idea, it has too many loopholes.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Children should not be looked at as "anchors" period. They are children they had no choice in the matter. That's it.
    Posted from my iPhone

Tell that to the people who have babies just for that purpose.

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information