Page 78 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2868747576777879 LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1174
Like Tree4054Likes

Thread: Do we still want to talk about this Trump thing?

Isn't that what you're supposed to do, or is that just me?
    where is Lynnie when I need her?
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by C_is_for_Cookie View Post
    I'll be at Epcot tomorrow and am very tempted to drink my way around the world.
    I will be on a long distance flight, boarding before it starts and landing when it has finished. I couldn't watch the news anymore, that family arriving on the air force one. It really brought tears to my eyes. I decided not to go on social media today but it is hard. I learned he is going to end Art funding, what is next... book burning? This doesn't bode well and the worst thing is that Pence is not better, He might not use twitter to piss everyone but he is still very much evil.
    Wilson and panic like this.

I'm already sick of hearing his name. I still can't believe this is happening. It's wrong on so many levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    Mel's a decoration, a trophy. Nothing more.
    I saw them de-planing. It looked like she was going to a funeral. Yeah, our funeral! Seriously speaking, this pig has no interest in being a public servant to the US.

Madame Tussaud's wax. Are we to get the face we deserve? He's got permanent grumpy face, like when (my fave girl) Shirley Temple wasn't happy about something.

Allnet hairspray for this pig.

Bronze Member

Please, please, please all who have any interest, inkling or capability to march on Saturday, if need be, please put on your raincoat and your wellies and take to the streets—come the hell that is descending upon us, and the high water that may literally rise—pleasepleaseplease march in protest of this unspeakably horrifying and horrible inauguration of this "president."

I know that "one-time" protests are not the be-all-end-all answer to the entire what-the-fuck-ery that is to come, but people taking to the streets to protest IS meaningful on so many levels—it shows solidarity and defiance, and it lets like-minded folk know that there are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many other like-minded folk out there, and it lets the opposition know that there are SOOOOOOOOOOOOO many of us on the other side, and it energizes people not only in the moment, but also inspires people to take action and stay engaged in fighting the good fight because they know they are not alone.

The marches are just the start of the movement needed to topple this trump presidency, and from there take down pence and ryan, etcetcetc.

The next four years are our future.
    Kittylady, HWBL, BITTER and 6 others like this.

Source: Rollling Stone.com

Donald Trump, Loser-in-Chief

Our next president cannot stand that Hillary Clinton won the popular vote – and America will suffer for it
    Donald Trump tweeted a lie Sunday about millions of Americans voting fraudulently to give Hillary Clinton the popular-vote victory. Joe Raedle/Getty

By Jesse Berney
    December 2, 2016

Donald Trump lost the vote for president by well over two-and-a-half million votes and counting, and it's driving him out of his mind. Because our odd electoral system gives more weight to voters in small, rural, mostly white states, the loser of this year's popular vote will take the oath of office on January 20th.
    How the Electoral College Rigged the Election for Donald Trump America's electoral system gives smaller, more conservative states more weight – and that benefited Trump

The popular vote this year matters more than ever. In an election that was more deeply about values than any in recent memory, it's important that a clear majority of Americans rejected a campaign premised on racist attacks against Mexicans and Muslims and a man with a long history of misogyny. The majority rejected a near-sociopathic celebration of ignorance and the least qualified person ever to become a major party's nominee for president.

Donald Trump is going to be the next president of the United States, but he's a loser, and he can't stand it. That's why he tweeted a lie about millions of Americans voting fraudulently to give Hillary Clinton the popular-vote victory. It doesn't matter whether he believes that to be true – he needs it to be true. Our thin-skinned baby president-elect hates the idea that millions more people voted for his opponent than for him, so he'll accept whatever made-up facts he needs to make it not so.
    The schadenfreude over Trump's feelings of inadequacy is all well and good until you realize the impact his infantile need for approval will have on our country. Make no mistake: Trump isn't a poll reader who will, say, cancel plans to repeal Obamacare just because it turns out the majority of Americans don't want him to. Trump seems more the type to recede into his bubble. He's already back holding the sorts of rallies he misses from the campaign trail, where his strongest supporters wait hours in line to cheer his nonsense. Thursday night he bragged to a surprisingly thin Cincinnati crowd about his victory, which he amusingly characterized as a "landslide."
    This didn't sound much different from the rambling stump speeches he gave throughout his campaign. He promised to build the wall. He railed against immigrants. He said he'd fix all our problems so quickly it would make our heads spin. He also revisited his old classic of calling the press dishonest.
    Only now it's not a candidate questioning the veracity of the media – it's the next president of the United States, a man who promised to "open up our libel laws" and who responds to virtually any insult with petty counterattacks on Twitter. What will he do with the power of the federal government behind him when reporters start poking their noses where he doesn't like it? He calls them liars now; is it so hard to imagine him hauling them off for questioning? This isn't a man with a deep – or even thin – understanding of constitutional rights. (Thursday night, he reiterated his call to punish people who burn the flag, after threatening earlier in the week to revoke their citizenship.)
    That's what makes the prospect of a Trump presidency so terrifying. A man who brazenly lies, is desperate to punish insults (real and perceived) and has no conception of the rule of law is about to assume a position of immense power. A man with a need for validation as desperate as Trump's is dangerous.
    Earlier Thursday, Trump went to Indiana to brag about the great deal he'd struck with United Technologies, the parent company of Carrier, to save jobs at a local plant.
    Only the deal wasn't great. More than half the jobs Carrier threatened to send to Mexico are still headed there. Trump saved fewer than a thousand jobs in exchange for tax breaks delivered by his running mate – who is still Indiana's governor. That's certainly good news for the men and women who will keep their jobs, but it's anything but a good deal. Trump had promised to use threats of tariffs to protect jobs from outsourcing; instead, he saved some jobs by offering a gift of tax breaks. Now corporations across the country know the new president will reward them for threatening to send jobs overseas.
    Trump lost his negotiation with Carrier. But he's spinning it as a big victory, just as he's lied about his popular vote loss being a win. That's what a loser who can't handle losing does, and we're in for at least four more long years of this. It's going to get ugly.
    Paul Horner thought he was trolling Trump supporters – but after the election, the joke was on him. Read the headlines that may have helped Trump get elected.

Source: Distractify

There Was A Pretty Big Difference Between Trump's And Obama's Inaugural Concerts

by Mark Pygas
    January 19, 2017 9:23 pm

For the past few weeks, Donald Trump's team have promised that his inauguration would make history. That was despite almost every major artist boycotting the event, leading to Toby Keith and 3 Doors Down being the headliners.
    And history was made. But not in the way that Trump had hoped for, because turnout was probably the lowest it's been since the invention of the automobile. Here's what the crowd looked like...

The National Park Service declined to give an official number on how many attended the concert, but MSNBC and other media sources put the number at around 10,000. For reference, Obama's 2009 concert attracted around 400,000 revelers.
    Here's a comparison of the crowds today and the crowd's at Obama's concert back in 2009.

Aaron P. Bernstein / Getty

ROBYN BECK / Getty
    In fact, if that 10,000 figure is correct, more people attended the 'United We Stand' protest against Trump in New York than attended his concert. Around 25,000 people are believed to have shown up for that event.

John Moore / Getty
    And you better believe that Twitter noticed.

tc ‏@chillmage

I’ve seen more people on the National Mall on a random summer Wednesday

k You, ‏@106th

LOL #Obama's inaugural concert in 2009 (first two photos) vs. #Trump's #InauguralConcert today. TRAGIC.

Parker

🏳️*🌈 ‏@Parker9_

Wow. Talk about low energy! #TrumpInauguration

Linda Childers ‏@LindaChilders1

Meanwhile, in South Dakota.... #TrumpInauguration

Full Frontal ‏@FullFrontalSamB

Is it just us or does that "USA" firework look suspiciously like "USR?" #TrumpInauguration

Scott Goss ‏@scottwgoss

National Mall looks pretty empty for the Inaugural concert.

Jeffery Saddoris ‏@jefferysaddoris

The National Mall was sort of surreal today – a dappling of folks in red ball caps taking selfies at the Capitol but otherwise pretty empty.

antonio ‏@antoniodelotero

LOOK HOW TRAGIC THIS IS IM WHEEZING #TrumpInauguration

Jesse McLaren

Thankfully, a hero saved the day by doing this...
    The turnout for the actual inauguration ceremony isn't expected to be quite as low, because Obama will be there to draw in the crowds.

Last edited by HWBL; January 20th, 2017 at 04:48 AM.
    Kittylady, KrisNine and panic like this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

I talked myself into coming to work today, since I was out sick yesterday - bad shoulder. But it was hard. It was so quiet this morning on my way to work. Because today President Obama is no longer our President. As long as he was, I could deal with what was coming. Now that what was coming IS coming, I'm truly despondent today. On top of my arthritic shoulder....fuck. I'll never call him president.
    gas_chick, HWBL, Mivvi21 and 5 others like this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

I'm going to the NYC march tomorrow, and I have to admit that I'm scared some nut will have a gun or something. I'm still going to go, but I'm scared.
    gas_chick, BITTER, Mivvi21 and 3 others like this.

It is so sad that we have to be worried to march but honestly these days you have to be worried when you go to the grocery store. I'm hanging out at GR today to try and save my sanity. You ladies are some of the smartest folks I've ever run across and some of the best comedians too. I need that shit today.

I also need sign ideas. Short and sweet. Anybody got anything?
    HWBL, BITTER, Mivvi21 and 7 others like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    I talked myself into coming to work today, since I was out sick yesterday - bad shoulder. But it was hard. It was so quiet this morning on my way to work. Because today President Obama is no longer our President. As long as he was, I could deal with what was coming. Now that what was coming IS coming, I'm truly despondent today. On top of my arthritic shoulder....fuck. I'll never call him president.
    ^I know. This is my second worst day of feeling depressed, right after the day after the election. Very deflating.

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    It is so sad that we have to be worried to march but honestly these days you have to be worried when you go to the grocery store. I'm hanging out at GR today to try and save my sanity. You ladies are some of the smartest folks I've ever run across and some of the best comedians too. I need that shit today.

I also need sign ideas. Short and sweet. Anybody got anything?
    "From Class to Crass, Dump Trump"
    BITTER, gas_chick, Mivvi21 and 3 others like this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    ^I know. This is my second worst day of feeling depressed, right after the day after the election. Very deflating.
    It is...and on the bigscreen TV in the galley, they are showing the inauguration (I refuse to even capitalize it). I feel like one of those characters in On The Beach - I know when I'm going to die, but I try to act normal in spite of the cloud of radiation that is approaching.

"From Class to Crass, Dump Trump"
    Class to ASS!
    gas_chick, HWBL, Brah and 3 others like this.

I've kicked around My Mind, My Body, My Choices and Voices Carry...Use Yours. I really wanna make it about the Women's March and not use Dump's name.
    BITTER, C_is_for_Cookie and panic like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

HE WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED...can we use that phrase to define the asshole?

Ha I have been saying that quite a lot lately!
    BITTER likes this.

Thread Information