Page 67 of 79 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1174
Like Tree4054Likes

Thread: Do we still want to talk about this Trump thing?

^Now you have to read the comments of the Trumpists. When Anka seemed to be confirmed they called him great, a legend, a fantastic performer, a patriot and so on and so forth. I bet they'll change their opinion as quick as their orange hero does in his tweets.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    Casey,

You have a big house. Good for you. Some people are struggling to keep a shitty, cramped, barely fit for habitation roof over their head, and nothing Trump has said sounds like he plans to do anything about improving the lot of the poorest in your country.

You have to pay large insurance premiums. So? At least you HAVE insurance. Many people don't, can't afford it, won't ever be able to afford it due to health conditions limiting their abilities and employment opportunities. They are about to lose EVERYTHING, including the medications they need to stay alive. Perhaps this is Trump's plan to increase the number of jobs available by making it so the lack of medicines culls the weak, the sick, the unworthy...

You have a gay child. But you voted for a man who is surrounding himself by people - people who will heavily influence the future of your country - who think homosexuality is an abomination in the sight of (their) God, who want to overturn same sex marriage laws, who want to strip away the rights to protection against discrimination and hate crimes from gay people. I find it bewildering that someone who loves and accepts their gay child could be prepared to risk his future safety, his future right to live, love and be himself in peace and harmony with society by voting for a man and his advisers who quite patently want the opposite?

You are a woman. Yet Trump is a man who has repeatedly judged a woman's worth based his own concepts of beauty, who has grossly insulted women on a most personal level because they fail to meet his standards and because it was easier than constructing a reasoned response to their expressed opinions. He is a man who used the basic, biological and unavoidable function of menstruation as a tool to insult a woman, who has been recorded declaring that it's his right to sexually assault women he finds attractive because he is in a position of power.

You employ people of varying ethnicity, yet Trump is a man who has repeatedly described minorities in inflammatory terms, who has referred to Hispanics as murders, as rapists, as thieves, who has been personally sued several times for racial discrimination against African Americans. And people who already think these things are taking it as a sign that it's perfectly ok to act on their prejudices in any way that they like because, hey, if the President Elect is on board with it then why shouldn't they? And Trump has stayed silent on those attacks, only choosing to comment on crimes against white people, further reinforcing the idea that white folks are the only ones who matter. Also as a business owner don't you have any concerns about Trump's verified history of using the services of small businesses and then leaving them to collapse because he has refused to pay for those services and then used his wealth and in-house lawyers to create so many legal entanglements to bankrupt them when they tried to enforce the contracted payment terms? He wants to run the United States the same way that he would a company, so as a small business owner that doesn't exactly bode well for you, does it?

You have concerns about the security of your country, but you have voted for a man who publicly called on Russia to hack his political opponent, who has worrying ties to Russia, a country that is flexing it's military strength against other countries, who have, in fact, launched internet attacks against the US voting system and may have information on your president elect that, if proven, provides significant leverage at the highest level of your government. Islamic State is going to be a concern for a long time to come, but in the grand scheme of things they aren't the ones you need to keep a wary eye on. That dubious honour goes to Russia. Do you think that troops from other countries would be reinforcing the borders of other countries (as is happening in Poland right now) if there weren't serious and intel-verified concerns about Russia's military intentions towards their neighbours?

So enjoy your nice house, enjoy your health care, your business, your security, your femininity and freedoms. Because in four years time you may well have very little of it left.
    this is so good, i read it twice.

SHELLEE, panic, Mivvi21 and 7 others like this.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

I'm surprised Paul Anka didn't drop out due to being dead for 10 years.

Seriously, who knew he was still alive? I'm gonna put him in the death pool now that I know he is.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Just wanted to comment on the bolded statement. Obamacare, or the ACA, is not just for those who don't make enough to pay for their own healthcare. Anyone who does not have coverage through an employer or privately can sign up. There are many people using the exchanges because it's their only opportunity to get coverage under open enrollment. No physical exams or exclusions for pre-existing conditions. The government only provides subsidies to those who make under a certain amount (I think it's $45k for a single person, not sure about families) So yes, people who earn over that will pay the full premium. And yes, it can get expensive. However, as you said, if you want to take that risk, you can opt out of coverage and pay the penalty. And hold your breath that you don't suffer a health crisis.

I think people lose sight of what insurance is all about, the theory being that the risk is spread to many people, it's put in a pool, so if a minority of those people are hit with catastrophic bills, they won't be wiped out financially. It's not there to pay for every doctor visit or prescription. Frankly, I would much rather pay into the system for years without having to use the insurance, but I like the security of knowing if I got cancer or needed heart surgery, I wouldn't have to lose my house or other assets to pay for treatment. Just like I've paid car and homeowners insurance for years, am I sad that my house never burned down so they had to pay out? Uhh no. When my mom had cancer, it was $38,000 for one chemo session. ONE!! Unfortunately, she was stage 4 by then so didn't live long enough to continue treatment, but if she had, thank gawd there was insurance to cover it.

Another thing to keep in mind is, if you have coverage and seek treatment, even if it's within your deductible, if you're in network, the facility has to honor the network rates. I saw an urgent care bill reduced from $1,200+ to $250 last summer when MrTrix needed stitches. Yes, it was out of pocket, but if we had no insurance, we would have paid another $1,000.

This. Exactly this.
    The problem is RISING HEALTH CARE COSTS. Due in large part based on what Trixie is talking about. We demanded that insurance over visits and tonail clippings and cow manure infusions to treat warts. We don't pay for catastrophic illness only, we pay to cover the pool's trips to the chiro to align their chakras. Not saying this is the only factor (technology, aging population, etc play a factor) but we demanded our insurance cover everything we wanted and they are going to charge you for it. Using Trixie's example, it's like asking your homeowner's to cover your carpet cleaning.

One thing I didn't like about ACA is that it forced all policies to have minimal coverage (mandates). If you can't afford much, wouldn't you rather buy a catastrophic illness policy that covers things like cancer, trauma, surgery, etc ? You take care of the rest, but you have a policy to protect you from losing everything. You know, insurance against loss.

anyway, sorry to derail the thread.
    Trixie likes this.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Who would tell this man to step down, just when he's needed the most to oversee the D.C. National Guard, 5000 unarmed troops from around the country, and military air support protecting the nation’s capital during the inauguration?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/commanding-general-of-dc-national-guard-to-be-removed-from-post/2017/01/13/725a0438-d99e-11e6-b8b2-cb5164beba6b_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-more-top-stories_no-name%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.e20fa9149408

Head of D.C. National Guard to be removed from post in middle of inauguration

From left, Brig. Gen. William J. Walker, Maj. Gen. Errol R. Schwartz, Maj. Gen. Bradley A. Becker and Brig. Gen. George M. Degnon during a news conference on Dec. 14 at the armory in Washington. (Bill O’Leary/The Washington Post)
    By Peter Hermann and Aaron C. Davis January 13 at 1:55 PM
    The U.S. Army general who heads the D.C. National Guard and is an integral part of overseeing the inauguration said Friday he has been ordered removed from command effective Jan. 20, 12:01 p.m., just as Donald Trump is sworn in as president.
    Maj. Gen. Errol R. Schwartz’s departure will come in the midst of the presidential ceremony, classified as a national special security event — and while thousands of his troops are deployed to help protect the nation’s capital during an inauguration he has spent months helping to plan.
    “The timing is extremely unusual,” Schwartz said in an interview Friday morning, confirming a memo announcing his ouster that was obtained by The Washington Post. During the inauguration, Schwartz would command not only the members of the D.C. guard but also an additional 5,000 unarmed troops sent in from across the country to help. He also would oversee military air support protecting the nation’s capital during the inauguration.
    “My troops will be on the street,” said Schwartz, who turned 65 in October. “I’ll see them off, but I won’t be able to welcome them back to the armory.” He said he would “never plan to leave a mission in the middle of a battle.”
    [Inauguration 2017: Schedule, getting around and more]
    As the 58th inauguration approaches, a look back at how the ceremony has evolved

Play Video3:23

President-elect Donald Trump will be sworn into office during the 58th inauguration on Jan. 20. Here's a look at what we know about the planned inaugural activities and a look back at how the tradition has evolved.(Claritza Jimenez, Danielle Kunitz, Julio Negron/The Washington Post)

Schwartz, who was appointed to head the guard by President George W. Bush in 2008, maintained the position through President Obama’s two terms. He said his orders came from the Pentagon but that he doesn’t know who made the decision. It is unclear whether he is part of a larger class of federal workers who have been asked to leave their jobs as a new president takes office.
    The Army and officials with Trump’s transition team did not immediately respond for comment.
    D.C. Council Chairman Phil Mendelson (D) blasted the decision to remove Schwartz, especially on Inauguration Day.
    “It doesn’t make sense to can the general in the middle of an active deployment,” Mendelson said. He added that Schwartz’s sudden departure would be a long-term loss for the District. “He’s been really very good at working with the community and my impression was that he was good for the Guard.”
    Unlike in states, where the governor appoints the National Guard commander, in the District that duty falls to the president.
    Schwartz said that he has not been told why he was asked to step down. “I’m a soldier,” he said, noting that he was following orders and has no regrets. “I’m a presidential appointee, therefore the president has the power to remove me.”
    Like other deployments, Inauguration Day will be a complicated one for the D.C. National Guard — at least on paper. Since the District is not a state, its mayor cannot call up Guard members to active duty as a state governor can.
    Local Crime & Safety Alerts
    Breaking news about public safety in and around D.C.

Maj. Gen. Errol R. Schwartz, commanding general, D.C. National Guard, during a press conference at the Armory for the upcoming inauguration. (Bill O'Leary/The Washington Post)
    The District must send a letter to the secretary of the Army requesting the support. The District and the Army must then go through a seven-step process to initiate the deployment, during which Guard members carry out duties at the request of the mayor and city homeland security officials.
    The two entities have been able to work together to make that happen quickly in response to unfolding natural disasters, such as last year’s record January snowfall. During that storm, which dumped 22 inches of snow, the Guard was activated in anticipation of the storm’s arrival, and troops helped shuttle officials, plow drivers and supplies back-and-forth across the city.
    Schwartz began his military career in 1976 by enlisting in the guard, formally called the Militia of the District of Columbia National Guard. He also oversees the Air National Guard, which combined with the Army guard has an authorized strength of 2,700. He has served in several leadership positions, including commanding the 372nd Military Police Battalion.
    He graduated in 1980 from the University of the District of Columbia with a degree in electrical engineering and earned master’s degrees in business management from Central Michigan University and in national security strategy from the National Defense University at Fort McNair, Washington.
    Schwartz said that he is most proud of the Youth Challenge Academy, a school for teenage dropouts run by the guard with an infusion of federal money that is separate from both D.C. public and charter schools. It is located at the former Oak Hill facility, the District’s old juvenile jail. He said that about 60 percent of the school’s student body have obtained high school diplomas, and some have gone on to college.

“These are kids with high potential,” Schwartz said. “They just need to be steered a little bit. That’s what guardsmen can do.” He said he has already told his wife that even while retired, he might stay active in the school.
    “I don’t mind walking the halls and knocking on doors wearing a suit and tie,” he said.
    Read more:
    The inaugural parade announcer since Eisenhower wasn’t asked back this time. Now he’s got a new gig.
    200 buses have applied for city parking on Inauguration Day. 1,200 have applied for the Women’s March.

From left, Brig. Gen. William J. Walker, Maj. Gen. Errol R. Schwartz, Maj. Gen. Bradley A. Becker and Brig. Gen. George M. Degnon during a news conference on Dec. 14 at the armory in Washington. (Bill O’Leary/The Washington Post)
    By Peter Hermann and Aaron C. Davis January 13 at 1:55 PM
    The U.S. Army general who heads the D.C. National Guard and is an integral part of overseeing the inauguration said Friday he has been ordered removed from command effective Jan. 20, 12:01 p.m., just as Donald Trump is sworn in as president.
    Maj. Gen. Errol R. Schwartz’s departure will come in the midst of the presidential ceremony, classified as a national special security event — and while thousands of his troops are deployed to help protect the nation’s capital during an inauguration he has spent months helping to plan.
    “The timing is extremely unusual,” Schwartz said in an interview Friday morning, confirming a memo announcing his ouster that was obtained by The Washington Post. During the inauguration, Schwartz would command not only the members of the D.C. guard but also an additional 5,000 unarmed troops sent in from across the country to help. He also would oversee military air support protecting the nation’s capital during the inauguration.
    “My troops will be on the street,” said Schwartz, who turned 65 in October. “I’ll see them off, but I won’t be able to welcome them back to the armory.” He said he would “never plan to leave a mission in the middle of a battle.”
    [Inauguration 2017: Schedule, getting around and more]
    As the 58th inauguration approaches, a look back at how the ceremony has evolved

Play Video3:23

President-elect Donald Trump will be sworn into office during the 58th inauguration on Jan. 20. Here's a look at what we know about the planned inaugural activities and a look back at how the tradition has evolved.(Claritza Jimenez, Danielle Kunitz, Julio Negron/The Washington Post)

Schwartz, who was appointed to head the guard by President George W. Bush in 2008, maintained the position through President Obama’s two terms. He said his orders came from the Pentagon but that he doesn’t know who made the decision. It is unclear whether he is part of a larger class of federal workers who have been asked to leave their jobs as a new president takes office.
    The Army and officials with Trump’s transition team did not immediately respond for comment.
    D.C. Council Chairman Phil Mendelson (D) blasted the decision to remove Schwartz, especially on Inauguration Day.
    “It doesn’t make sense to can the general in the middle of an active deployment,” Mendelson said. He added that Schwartz’s sudden departure would be a long-term loss for the District. “He’s been really very good at working with the community and my impression was that he was good for the Guard.”
    Unlike in states, where the governor appoints the National Guard commander, in the District that duty falls to the president.
    Schwartz said that he has not been told why he was asked to step down. “I’m a soldier,” he said, noting that he was following orders and has no regrets. “I’m a presidential appointee, therefore the president has the power to remove me.”
    Like other deployments, Inauguration Day will be a complicated one for the D.C. National Guard — at least on paper. Since the District is not a state, its mayor cannot call up Guard members to active duty as a state governor can.

^^ That article makes me so sad. I hope we find out why that man was dumped after all of his service.
    panic, C_is_for_Cookie and Brookie like this.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Casey,

You have a big house. Good for you. Some people are struggling to keep a shitty, cramped, barely fit for habitation roof over their head, and nothing Trump has said sounds like he plans to do anything about improving the lot of the poorest in your country.

You have to pay large insurance premiums. So? At least you HAVE insurance. Many people don't, can't afford it, won't ever be able to afford it due to health conditions limiting their abilities and employment opportunities. They are about to lose EVERYTHING, including the medications they need to stay alive. Perhaps this is Trump's plan to increase the number of jobs available by making it so the lack of medicines culls the weak, the sick, the unworthy...

You have a gay child. But you voted for a man who is surrounding himself by people - people who will heavily influence the future of your country - who think homosexuality is an abomination in the sight of (their) God, who want to overturn same sex marriage laws, who want to strip away the rights to protection against discrimination and hate crimes from gay people. I find it bewildering that someone who loves and accepts their gay child could be prepared to risk his future safety, his future right to live, love and be himself in peace and harmony with society by voting for a man and his advisers who quite patently want the opposite?

You are a woman. Yet Trump is a man who has repeatedly judged a woman's worth based his own concepts of beauty, who has grossly insulted women on a most personal level because they fail to meet his standards and because it was easier than constructing a reasoned response to their expressed opinions. He is a man who used the basic, biological and unavoidable function of menstruation as a tool to insult a woman, who has been recorded declaring that it's his right to sexually assault women he finds attractive because he is in a position of power.

You employ people of varying ethnicity, yet Trump is a man who has repeatedly described minorities in inflammatory terms, who has referred to Hispanics as murders, as rapists, as thieves, who has been personally sued several times for racial discrimination against African Americans. And people who already think these things are taking it as a sign that it's perfectly ok to act on their prejudices in any way that they like because, hey, if the President Elect is on board with it then why shouldn't they? And Trump has stayed silent on those attacks, only choosing to comment on crimes against white people, further reinforcing the idea that white folks are the only ones who matter. Also as a business owner don't you have any concerns about Trump's verified history of using the services of small businesses and then leaving them to collapse because he has refused to pay for those services and then used his wealth and in-house lawyers to create so many legal entanglements to bankrupt them when they tried to enforce the contracted payment terms? He wants to run the United States the same way that he would a company, so as a small business owner that doesn't exactly bode well for you, does it?

You have concerns about the security of your country, but you have voted for a man who publicly called on Russia to hack his political opponent, who has worrying ties to Russia, a country that is flexing it's military strength against other countries, who have, in fact, launched internet attacks against the US voting system and may have information on your president elect that, if proven, provides significant leverage at the highest level of your government. Islamic State is going to be a concern for a long time to come, but in the grand scheme of things they aren't the ones you need to keep a wary eye on. That dubious honour goes to Russia. Do you think that troops from other countries would be reinforcing the borders of other countries (as is happening in Poland right now) if there weren't serious and intel-verified concerns about Russia's military intentions towards their neighbours?

So enjoy your nice house, enjoy your health care, your business, your security, your femininity and freedoms. Because in four years time you may well have very little of it left.
    Kittylady, you are divine...I mean it.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

I would assume the Fuhrer has someone he needs to influence/needs to return a favor to set up to fill the position. Or maybe he dared slight that creepy fucker Mike Flynn. Also, he looks quite "black". I mean he's probably a criminal, right? He already has a token black guy in "power", Ben Carson.

Forcing him out literally the minute the bloated asshole is sworn in, that seems like pure spite and vengeance.
    HWBL, BITTER and Seapharris7 like this.

What in the actual fucking fuck.
    HWBL, Brookie, twitchy2.0 and 1 others like this.

Interesting (and terrifying)...the Women's March is scheduled and gaining large support for Jan 21. The National Guard will effectively be under direct order from...the president? Will have to see treatment of protesters on inauguration day. I legit am picturing the civil rights protests of the 60s, and the beating if citizens by 'the authorities". In 2017. This is scary.

Quote Originally Posted by Annie B View Post
    I would assume the Fuhrer has someone he needs to influence/needs to return a favor to set up to fill the position. Or maybe he dared slight that creepy fucker Mike Flynn. Also, he looks quite "black". I mean he's probably a criminal, right? He already has a token black guy in "power", Ben Carson.

Forcing him out literally the minute the bloated asshole is sworn in, that seems like pure spite and vengeance.
    And it's this pettiness that will do his fat Cheeto ass in...
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

Legendary Civil Rights leader Rep. John Lewis said Trump isn't a legitimate President after coming out of briefing with James Comey.

In an exclusive interview for "Meet the Press," Rep. John Lewis (D-Ga.) said he believes Donald Trump's election is illegitimate because of Russian interference in last year's election.

Asked whether he would try to forge a relationship with the president-elect, Lewis said that he believes in forgiveness, but added, "it's going to be very difficult. I don't see this president-elect as a legitimate president."

When pressed to explain why, he cited allegations of Russian hacks during the campaign that lead to the release of internal documents from the Democratic National Committee, and Hillary Clinton's Campaign Co-Chairman, John Podesta.

"I think the Russians participated in helping this man get elected. And they helped destroy the candidacy of Hillary Clinton," Lewis said.

Trump appeared to acknowledge this week that Russia did engage in hacking during the campaign, but he has vigorously argued that any foreign interference had no impact on the election's outcome.

The long-serving Georgia Congressman and Civil Rights leader also said that he would not attend President-elect Trump's swearing-in. "I don't plan to attend the inauguration. It will be the first one that I miss since I've been in Congress. You cannot be at home with something that you feel that is wrong, is not right."

For more, tune into "Meet the Press" on Sunday morning
    http://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-pres...sident-n706676
    Kittylady likes this.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by C_is_for_Cookie View Post
    What in the actual fucking fuck.
    Perhaps it's a Fuck You to Obama. Unlikely as it may be to start with, this would make it even harder for Obama to declare an emergency and put us under marshall law.

Casey,

You have a big house. Good for you. Some people are struggling to keep a shitty, cramped, barely fit for habitation roof over their head, and nothing Trump has said sounds like he plans to do anything about improving the lot of the poorest in your country....

Brav-FUCKING-o!!!

Jesus. I have wanted to punch people more in the last 2 months more than I ever have in my life combined. Your response was the first time I've wanted to hug someone.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

Thread Information