Page 5 of 79 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
Like Tree4054Likes

Thread: Do we still want to talk about this Trump thing?

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    It's frightening that I'm actually pulling for Mitt. Christ, look what I've become!!
    Mitt over Giuliani...not hard. I think Mitt has an actual moral code, unlike the others. I think the Trump team summoned him to NYC to see if he'd grovel. I'm not sure they ever considered him seriously. But I might be wrong. I think maybe they're trying to pull some mean girl shit with him now. If so, I hope he has the guts to call them on it.

ETA: Maybe they offered it to Mitt and he turned it down. Or maybe he refused to grovel. If they were so angry at him to begin with, why would they even consider him as SOS.
    Last edited by BBDSP; November 27th, 2016 at 04:29 PM.
    Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum

If he's so convinced that he won fair and square then he should just sit down, shut the fuck up and let them go through the process. It would only benefit him in the long run to allay any doubts about the legitimacy of his win, right?
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Wow, 15 whole states, eh? That EC thing really does bring all the folks into the fold.

This time last year, the press was predicting the death of the Republican Party...and suddenly THIS? I don't get it.
    Brookie likes this.
    "To be [black] in this country and to be relativity conscious is to be in a rage almost all of the time." ~ James Baldwin

Did he really, truly say he won the popular vote if YOU DEDUCT THE MILLIONS WHO VOTED ILLEGALLY?!
    Just pulling that horseshit out of his ass, and we the people are supposed to respect this fuckstick?

Is this real fucking life?
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

^^^I think he's just saying it to get under peoples' skin.
    "To be [black] in this country and to be relativity conscious is to be in a rage almost all of the time." ~ James Baldwin

He is delusional. I'm still so depressed that this asshole gets to be President while Hillary, who was honestly the MOST qualified candidate ever, doesn't.
    Mivvi21, Alysheba, HWBL and 2 others like this.

Elite Member

He's fucking crazy. Time for his aides to take away his twitter again.
    Alysheba, Mivvi21, panic and 1 others like this.

Elite Member

Someone needs to take away this man's ability to Twitter. He's so deluded. I can't stand it. While we're at it, we need to take away his ability to launch nuclear weapons too. Is there any way we can just make this whole mess go away?

He scares me. His cabinet picks scare me. It all scares me.
    Alysheba, BBDSP, HWBL and 4 others like this.

Elite Member

I had this conversation with a relative at Thanksgiving. For the first few days after the election I was just kind of resigned, figuring he'd settle down. But he's fucking crazy! Worse, not better, than I imagined. And I'm full of anxiety.

how the hell did this happen?!
    HWBL, Mivvi21, panic and 1 others like this.
    Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum

Source: Occupy Democrats

Trump Said “Illegal” Voters Cost Him The Popular Vote. Dan Rather’s Response Is Perfect

Donald Trump recently took to Twitter to complain about how “illegal” voters were denying him victory in the popular vote. Picking up on a common right-wing conspiracy, Trump was insinuating that Democrats had stacked the voter rolls with dead people, felons, and illegal immigrants. Legendary reporter Dan Rather took to Facebook tonight to express his disapproval with such childish refutations. Donald Trump has lost the popular vote by at least 2.2 million votes, and that much is indisputable. But while he continues to complain about his inability to recapture the popular vote – which clearly bothers him on a personal level – he is disregarding the duties of state and the office he now is going to hold, a fact not lost on Mr. Rather:
    Could someone who has Donald Trump’s ear please take away his phone and tell him that he now has a very big job to do that requires paying attention to reality? There are no training wheels for being president. You go from a common citizen to the most powerful person on the planet. And that is not a joke.

“He’s got the whole world in his hands” is an old spiritual that has become a favorite of camping trips and sing-a-longs about the power of the Almighty. But when it comes to the affairs of humankind and the planet, you could make the case that you could almost say the same thing about the powers of the president of the United States.

War and peace. Justice and the economy. Even now with the looming catastrophe of climate change, the very health of our Earth. All are in the hands of the president. But here we have Donald Trump, who will soon be sitting behind the desk of the Oval Office tasked with decisions that will shape millions of lives and our world, tweeting lies – lies – about illegal votes.
    The very job description of the presidency is you can’t afford to be petty. Richard Nixon was and it destroyed him. But I can’t think of anyone else who was so obsessed with apparent slights and minutiae. Donald Trump has won the presidency. I know there is a movement to recount votes in a few key states, but barring a plot twist worthy of the Twilight Zone I can’t see all of this changing much. For Trump it should be a minor distraction to task a junior aid to keep in touch with not what dominates his mind to such a degree that he issues multiple public statements about it – statements far adrift from any reported fact.
    Donald Trump is the very definition of petty. He smeared his sexual assault accusers as being “not attractive enough” for him to molest and insulted the former Miss Universe, Alicia Machado, for being a “terrible” Miss Universe and told his followers to “check out her sex tape” (which does not exist, for the record). His behavior has been nothing but unpresidential ever since he won the election. Donald Trump has always been and still is the antithesis of a presidential figure, and it is the duty of the electoral college to reject him when the time comes.

Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    It's frightening that I'm actually pulling for Mitt. Christ, look what I've become!!
    I think we are all. Maybe Trump should do a lucky draw for secretary of state.
    A question, IF they would ever impeach Trump, would that mean Pence becomes president? OR do the people re elect a president?

Elite Member

I believe if Trump were assassinated or impeached Pence would be sworn in as POTUS. So let's not do that and figure out a way to keep Trump occupied.
    louiswinthorpe111 likes this.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alysheba View Post
    I believe if Trump were assassinated or impeached Pence would be sworn in as POTUS. So let's not do that and figure out a way to keep Trump occupied.
    That's why it's imperative that we dump Trump before the EC vote in December, by any means possible.
    Mivvi21, kasippu and panic like this.

I want Trump AND Pence out of there. And keep Steve Bannon out of Washington!! That motherfucker has no business near our government officials.
    BBDSP, gas_chick, Mivvi21 and 3 others like this.

Page 5 of 79 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread Information