Page 2 of 79 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
Like Tree4054Likes

Thread: Do we still want to talk about this Trump thing?

Quote Originally Posted by MmeVertigina View Post
    Here's something amusing. Read the reviews. https://www.amazon.com/Trump-America...toys-and-games

There are 460 reviews right now.
    "Where is this manufactured?"
    "Dum Gai, China"

Literally lol'd!!!
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

It tried to put my nativity figures into an internment camp. Would not buy again.

LOL!
    BITTER, MmeVertigina and Brookie like this.
    Your bum has feelings, your bum is a part of you
    Don’t put it on chairs, your bum has an opinion, yeah

Quote Originally Posted by stella blue View Post
    As much as I despise everything about Trump, if Melania and Barron don't want to move, that is fine with me. We didn't elect them, and they don't get a paycheck for whatever it is we expect the first family to do. Trump is the only one who has an actual paid elected job to do. It's customary for the family to join in, but not required. And I don't blame them for not wanting to be around Donald.

Confession: my dirty lens is having to move across town and go to a different school because my dad was the principal and his contract required us to live in the district. It sucked. And this is .0000000000000000001% as much scrutiny as a kid in the White House gets, so I can't blame Melania for opting her kid out. Too bad Barron's dad didn't give a fuck before applying for the job.
    The problem with this is that American tax payers are covering this extra "cost", with the $1M/DAY figure being tossed around when Trump is staying there. That's in addition to the cost of running the White House, which is a cost already factored into the "running the country" cost. I don't give a rat's arse where his mail order bride and her crotch fruit live, she's not going to be in any was active in public service so she's pretty much useless anyways. But Trump should be paying for all that out of his own pocket. Especially since he will be getting all this excessive pay for play money coming into his business.

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    But it's going to cost the taxpayers millions for them to live in NYC. I have a problem with that.
    I hear you on that, and it sucks. I'm not sure what a better option would be, but I'm hesitant to say to anyone that they must live in a particular place, or else. Maybe he should cover the cost himself, or leave them to fend for themselves.

I just read that Trump has had just 2 National Security briefings since the election. His team keeps putting them off.

Quote Originally Posted by nwgirl View Post
    "Where is this manufactured?"
    "Dum Gai, China"

Literally lol'd!!!
    Source: Occupy Democrats

Trump Is Selling Cheaply Made Expensive Christmas Ornaments. The Internet’s Response Is Hilarious

The American people have been so fortunate to elect Donald Trump has the 45th President of the United States, and to show his gratitude for the electorate’s stupidity the failed businessman has made available for sale a Christmas tree ornament of his “Make American Great Again” hat for the very affordable price of only $149! What a bargain! Trump’s team has been hawking this glorious item with much enthusiasm, while knowing the far majority of Americans will be unable to afford it. One Trump staffer said, “President-elect Trump loves Christmas and makes a point of proudly saying ‘Merry Christmas’ every chance he gets.”

Denizens of the Internet have taken notice of Trump’s generous offer and have bombarded his cheaply made, 14 karat gold finished, trinket available on Amazon.com with hundreds of negative reviews that range from hostile to outright hilarious.
    One user, BSPhDonm wrote:

Every time I try to hang it on the branch, it yells ‘WRONG!’ No matter which branch I try, it’s ‘WRONG!’ My brother and father can hang it up just fine, but when my mother and I try, it’s just ‘WRONG! WRONG! WRONG!
    Another individual whose user name is “A. Flowerson” was particularly pleased with the ornament and its ability to make their Christmas experience more than it could have been without Trump’s bauble:
    This ornament has bigly potential. YUGE. it’ll make your tree great. very great. it’ll do great things for your tree. great things.

Some areas of the country which voted for Trump also have the lowest median incomes in the nation, and the cost of this ornament would equal nearly a full week worth of their labor. This is the America which Trump promised throughout the course of his campaign. One were cheaply made goods are sold at exorbitant rates to those who can’t afford them, but will buy them anyway because they do not know any better. This obliviousness is part of the American electorate’s charm.

Kittylady and ConstanceSpry like this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmeringGlow View Post
    I just read that Trump has had just 2 National Security briefings since the election. His team keeps putting them off.
    Those probably consist of yuuuge words he doesn't understand so he just pretends to be busy instead.

Elite Member

I hear you on that, and it sucks. I'm not sure what a better option would be, but I'm hesitant to say to anyone that they must live in a particular place, or else. Maybe he should cover the cost himself, or leave them to fend for themselves.
    But that is part of the deal. It's not like the White House is a last minute surprise. Governors live with their families in the governor's mansion, the President lives with his family in the White House. It's not like it's law, but she's the First Lady and that's what they have always done. If they want to break with tradition, then they should do it at their own expense. She should haul her butt to the WH or Trump should foot the bill. US citizens shouldn't pay a dime for this choice of theirs.

So this is basically another trump thread for a total of 3. Great.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Sorry but they -Trump as well as Melania, or she wouldn't have been given speeches, applied for a job and they knew the conditions. I would rather life back home but I knew moving came with my husband's job and if we stay together that is where I also should be. I have very little understanding about this, some of my friends are sure they will leave in December but are not sure about the next destination. School is used to that. My son's best friend was leaving this summer and after the summer he was still at school as his father's replacement hadn't come yet. Plus that kid is staying at a school that has NO experience with having a President's child there. I am surprised the school will even accept. I wouldn't want my kid there anymore. The security personal inside the building alone, ...

Or yes, they should carry the cost as the job is providing housing so extra's should be carried by them (that is how it works for us).

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    So this is basically another trump thread for a total of 3. Great.
    I think perhaps it is time to lock off the others and confine them to one on-going saga thread, like the BFL one but with more liars and cheeto tans.
    SHELLEE likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Saddam's spider hole.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    I think perhaps it is time to lock off the others and confine them to one on-going saga thread, like the BFL one but with more liars and cheeto tans.
    I'm leaving two for the moment. One general. One results challenge, which will be closed after the results of that.
    Kittylady and Alysheba like this.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

History is repeating itself:
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

In Scotland, Trump Built a Wall. Then He Sent Residents the Bill.

BALMEDIE, Scotland — President-elect Donald J. Trump has already built a wall — not on the border with Mexico, but on the border of his exclusive golf course in northeastern Scotland, blocking the sea view of local residents who refused to sell their homes.

And then he sent them the bill.

David and Moira Milne had already been threatened with legal action by Mr. Trump’s lawyers, who claimed a corner of their garage belonged to him, when they came home from work one day to find his staff building a fence around their garden. Two rows of grown trees went up next, blocking the view. Their water and electricity lines were temporarily cut. And then a bill for about $3,500 arrived in the mail, which, Mr. Milne said, went straight into the trash.

“You watch, Mexico won’t pay either,” said Mr. Milne, a health and safety consultant and part-time novelist, referring to Mr. Trump’s campaign promise to build a “beautiful, impenetrable wall” along the border and force the Mexicans to pay for it.
    The Milnes now fly a Mexican flag from their hilltop house, a former Coast Guard station that overlooks the clubhouse of Mr. Trump’s Trump International Golf Links, whenever he visits.

So do Susan and John Munro, who also refused to sell up and now face an almost 15-foot-high earthen wall built by Mr. Trump’s people on two sides of their property.

Michael Forbes, a quarry worker whose home sits on the opposite side of the Trump property, added a second flag — “Hillary for President” — perhaps because Mr. Trump publicly accused him of living “like a pig” and called him a “disgrace” for not selling his “disgusting” and “slumlike” home.

As many Americans are trying to figure out what kind of president they have just elected, the people of Balmedie, a small village outside the once oil-rich city of Aberdeen, say they have a pretty good idea. In the 10 years since Mr. Trump first visited, vowing to build “the world’s greatest golf course” on an environmentally protected site featuring 4,000-year-old sand dunes, they have seen him lash out at anyone standing in his way. They say they watched him win public support for his golf course with grand promises, then watched him break them one by one.

Rest of article at source:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/25/world/europe/donald-trump-scotland-wall.html

As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Page 2 of 79 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread Information