Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dems, why so much hate?

... deep fried COKE!?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    ... deep fried COKE!?
    Yes, its true. I shit you not. *shudders*

omg so need to try that.

and a deep fried twinkie.

and a deep fried turducken.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I still just say, stick them all [the politicians] in a cage and whoever lives wins.

But WTF, deep fried Coke? What will we think of next

It wasn't a Preacher that endorsed Hillary Clinton, then trashed Barack Obama. It was the founder of BET Robert Johnson..
    Robert L. Johnson, the founder of Black Entertainment Television, who is campaigning today in South Carolina with Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton, just raised the specter of Barack Obama's past drug use. He also compared Mr. Obama to Sidney Poitier, the black actor, in "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner."
    At a rally here for Mrs. Clinton at Columbia College, Mr. Johnson was defending recent comments that Mrs. Clinton made regarding Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. She did not mean to take any credit away from him, Mr. Johnson said, when she said that it took President Johnson to sign the civil rights legislation he fought for.

Then, Clinton made his comments about Jesse Jackson, amongst other things..which left a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Quote Originally Posted by SSDiva View Post
    It wasn't a Preacher that endorsed Hillary Clinton, then trashed Barack Obama. It was the founder of BET Robert Johnson..
    Robert L. Johnson, the founder of Black Entertainment Television, who is campaigning today in South Carolina with Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton, just raised the specter of Barack Obama's past drug use. He also compared Mr. Obama to Sidney Poitier, the black actor, in "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner."
    At a rally here for Mrs. Clinton at Columbia College, Mr. Johnson was defending recent comments that Mrs. Clinton made regarding Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. She did not mean to take any credit away from him, Mr. Johnson said, when she said that it took President Johnson to sign the civil rights legislation he fought for.

Then, Clinton made his comments about Jesse Jackson, amongst other things..which left a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths!
    Thanks for the clarification, SSDiva!

Quote Originally Posted by SSDiva View Post
    I'm getting so tired of hearing about that---how is pointing out a fact racist? It was obviously just an effort to downplay Clinton's loss in South Carolina, i.e. damage control. Is he not allowed to notice that a black candidate had a high voter turn-out rate in that state, but not in the country overall (back then)? That's just demographics. It's called politics.

Who's playing the "victim" card there? Obama does nothing to discourage this either; then again, why would he? It would make his trip to the nomination a little easier.

But people bash Sen. Clinton all they want, and there's no outrage. Apparently sexism is victimless. The double standard is astounding.
    Burt Johnson: I don't drink because drinking affects your decision-making.
    Arthur: You may be right. I can't decide.

Quote Originally Posted by LastLook View Post
    I'm getting so tired of hearing about that---how is pointing out a fact racist? It was obviously just an effort to downplay Clinton's loss in South Carolina, i.e. damage control. Is he not allowed to notice that a black candidate had a high voter turn-out rate in that state, but not in the country overall (back then)? That's just demographics. It's called politics.

Who's playing the "victim" card there? Obama does nothing to discourage this either; then again, why would he? It would make his trip to the nomination a little easier.

But people bash Sen. Clinton all they want, and there's no outrage. Apparently sexism is victimless. The double standard is astounding.
    It's the same mentality that tried to crucify for her remarks about Martin Luther King.

She said - truthfully- that it was LBJ who signed into law, the civil rights that MLK fought for. That is the reality. It was his mastery of politics that enabled the Civil Rights Act and the Voting Rights act to be passed.

Here was her exact quote:"Dr. King's dream began to be realized when President Lyndon Johnson passed the Civil Rights Act of 1964, when he was able to get through Congress something that President Kennedy was hopeful to do, the president before had not even tried, but it took a president to get it done."

She was accused of denigrating the legacy of MLK, of being subtly racist. The quote is clear, and people just want to put their own agenda onto others.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by LastLook View Post

The problem is that the Clintons did it twice. When Obama won South Carolina, Bill tried to downplay it by saying that 'Jesse Jackson did the same thing.' And then when Obama won Louisiana, Hillary said 'well, Louisiana has a very proud African-American electorate.' I mean, it's not like Obama was coming out when Hillary won primaries and stating that she was winning because there were a lot of women or whites voting for her. Instead of the Clintons just congratulating Obama and moving on they had to insert race into it to remind people, as if they needed reminding, that Obama is the black candidate.

Maybe I am just not getting across here, or people are forgetting quickly. Jesse Jackson was and still is to some a damn joke, and Bill Clinton freaking knew it. He took crap about getting counseling from him after he got his penis sucked and got in trouble. Jesse Jackson has did more harm than good to his agenda by jumping in front of a camera every damn time someone yells boo about black people, but never apologized to the young men from that Duke Lacrosse case..and people still think and talk about that every damn day. To liken Obama to Jackson, was like calling him a black joke in most eyes. It's not a mentality if the shit actually took place.
    MLK got beat, hosed, jailed for fighting long before anyone wanted to take notice..to dismiss his achievements by saying it took LBJ to get it done, made his work seem like it didn't matter!! For her not to quickly denounce what Johnson said is hypocritical to say the least. To run ads from Maya Angelou, and Magic Johnson on black radio stations to get black people to vote for her after that is funny.
    Last edited by *DIVA!; February 26th, 2008 at 03:56 AM.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information